Bay

NHL off-season

LMAO @ the Lightning giving Matt Carle $5.5 million for the next six years.

Haters.

We got our D-man to play next to Hedman.

He was the 2nd best defenseman available. The contract he got was what the current market dictated.

I'm happy. :rock:

Edited by BucD

Haters.

No. I watched a lot of the Flyers this season, and while Carle provides sufficient offensive production, he cannot play defense. At all. He has no fundamentals and it gets overwhelmingly frustrating. Come playoff time, he gets exposed nearly every time he's on the ice. Of course the Lightning won't be making the playoffs so they won't have to worry about that problem. :troll:

I'm not upset at all Phil. I wasn't expecting Parise to come back and I'm thrilled he didn't choose Pittsburgh or Philadelphia and moved to the West. I've liked the Devils offseason we've pretty much re-signed everyone (except Parise) who got us to the Stanley Cup last year. Better than the Rangers offseason adding scrubs like Asham and Pyatt. :rofl:

And Minnesota doesn't automatically win their division, Vancouver still has the better team. There are a couple good teams in the Central, I see them finishing 6th or 7th.

I'm not upset at all Phil.

Bullshit. You just lost your star captain. Unlikely that the Devils go far in the playoffs in the next five years or so. Yeah, the Devils a couple of nice young players, but most of the team is old as fuck. They lack the youth that the Rangers have.

Better than the Rangers offseason adding scrubs like Asham and Pyatt. :rofl:

lol, who cares? The Rangers already have a pretty damn good team in place. They have a great core with some promising young players/prospects. Not necessary for them to make any flashy moves. And you know what the best part is? They didn't lose a top player like the Devils did. :laugh:

No. I watched a lot of the Flyers this season, and while Carle provides sufficient offensive production, he cannot play defense. At all. He has no fundamentals and it gets overwhelmingly frustrating. Come playoff time, he gets exposed nearly every time he's on the ice. Of course the Lightning won't be making the playoffs so they won't have to worry about that problem. :troll:

Lol well at least you got the troll face right.

:p

Bullshit. You just lost your star captain. Unlikely that the Devils go far in the playoffs in the next five years or so. Yeah, the Devils a couple of nice young players, but most of the team is old as fuck. They lack the youth that the Rangers have.

If you want to think I'm mad about it fine. But I'm not at all. I've anticipated for almost a year now that he would MOST likely not be coming back. Am I disappointed? Sure. Anytime you lose a face of your franchise it's a bit sad but I'm not mad about the situation or at him. He went to go play for his hometown...I can respect that.

Like I said if he went to play for the Flyers or Penguins yeah I would've been livid, but he didn't.

And yes the Rangers have a younger team I'll give you that. But the Devils will have at least $15 mil to spend next offseason on "younger" players. Lou believes in keeping a strong core of players which has worked pretty well for this franchise the last almost 20 years.

When Steve Yzerman acquired Anders Lindback to stabilize Tampa’s goaltending, all that remained was getting the Finnish netminder signed.

On Friday, mission accomplished.

The Lightning announced they’ve agreed to terms with the 24-year-old ‘tender on a two-year deal worth $3.6 million. Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times reports the contract pays $1.4 million in 2011-12 and $2.2 million in 2013-14 for an average annual cap hit of $1.8 million.

A restricted free agent, Lindback had received his qualifying offer from Nashville prior to be acquired by the Bolts.

The deal serves as confirmation that Lindback will be Tampa Bay’s No. 1 heading into next season. While his body of work is relatively small — just 38 appearances over two NHL seasons — he’ll head into 2012-13 ahead of Mathieu Garon, Riku Helenius and Dustin Tokarski on the depth chart.

No surprise, then, that Yzerman bolstered his blueline this offseason, in the event Lindback struggles with his first bite at a starting gig.

Tampa’s new-look defense will feature the likes of Matt Carle, Victor Hedman, Eric Brewer, Sami Salo, Brian Lee, Marc-Andre Bergeron, Brendan Mikkelson and Matt Taormina (it’s safe to assume Mattias Ohlund will either retire or end up on long-term injured reserve.)

It’s possible youngsters Keith Aulie and Evan Oberg could be in the defensive mix as well.

"At the end of the day, I think it's time to move on. And I'm OK with that," Luongo said. "I had a great six years in Vancouver. It's a really wonderful city. I really enjoyed my time there. Unfortunately, I was not able to bring a Stanley Cup there. Probably my biggest regret. But it'll be remembered for six great years."

So doesn't seem like Luongo will be back at all....wonder where he ends up.

So doesn't seem like Luongo will be back at all....wonder where he ends up.

How sick would it be if he goes to Chicago and the WCF is Canucks vs. Blackhawks.

How sick would it be if he goes to Chicago and the WCF is Canucks vs. Blackhawks.

The only problem for Vancouver is they need to get someone good enough to back up Schneider. You figure if Luongo gets traded they'll have to get someone in return so if he goes to Chicago you'd think they'd get Emery or something?

Rumors are Toronto is trying HARD to get him but Luongo doesn't really want to go there.

The only problem for Vancouver is they need to get someone good enough to back up Schneider. You figure if Luongo gets traded they'll have to get someone in return so if he goes to Chicago you'd think they'd get Emery or something?

Rumors are Toronto is trying HARD to get him but Luongo doesn't really want to go there.

Even if Luongo does go to the Leafs, it won't matter. They'll simply miss the playoffs again.

Now with Jamie McGinn signed, the only player not under contract is Ryan O'Reilly. The leading point scoring with 55. (Yes, our offense was terrible).

Rick Nash to the Rangers seems pretty much done, unsure of the details at this moment though.

Rangers get Rick Nash, give up Anisimov, Dubinsky, Erixon, and a 1st.

Terrible return for Columbus, IMO. No surprise that franchise hasn't done anything with Howson at the helm.

Edited by SteVo

Erixon is really the only player that's worth a shit... and he's an unproven prospect. Nicely done, Sather.

lfBhk.gif

Kovalchuk and Nash started their careers together didn't they (same year I mean). Now in the same division.

Too bad for Nash he's on a team that can never live up to the hype.

Too bad for Nash he's on a team that can never live up to the hype.

They surpassed the hype last year. Who expected the Rangers to finish 1st in the conference and be in the ECF?

Sounds like you're mad that the Rangers got Nash, Ricky. :troll:

They surpassed the hype last year. Who expected the Rangers to finish 1st in the conference and be in the ECF?

Sounds like you're mad that the Rangers got Nash, Ricky. :troll:

You were a 1 seed and lost in the ECF...so yeah. Not to mention I heard so many Ranger fans talking about how underrated the team was as a #1 seed.

And I'm not mad, like I said it's a team that always fails and chokes so having Nash won't change that.

You were a 1 seed and lost in the ECF...so yeah.

No shit, sherlock. I'm talking about the expectations they had going into last season. Their ceiling was about 5th seed/2nd round. They surpassed whatever ''hype'' was put on them last season.

And I'm not mad, like I said it's a team that always fails and chokes so having Nash won't change that.

This Rangers team is a extremely young talented core that got 20 postseason games under their belt this past season. With that experience and adding Nash, I'd say their right on the cusp of being a legitimate Cup contender. Just don't be surprised if they follow the same route that the Blackhawks took a couple of years ago... and that's losing in the conference final and hoisting the Cup the following year.

Good luck to the Devils with the amount of aging players they have. :laugh:

The Rangers now have the best line in the NHL: Nash---RIchards-----Gabo--Oh wait, nevermind...Gaborik sucks lol.

Rangers fans have to be feeling pretty good after this deal. You didn't lose too much and you got that offensive presence you were so dearly missing this season. I'm sure when I get back on campus this fall the same Rangers fans that were talking shit to me pre-playoffs this past season will be right back at it. Unfortunately the past semester ended before the Devils sent the Rangers from the playoffs to Golf Pro stores so I couldn't dish it back.

Oh and we'll be just fine, Phil. Scott Stevens is now on our coaching staff so he'll be shaping up our defenseman to make hits like this:

You mean illegal shots to the head that would get them lengthy suspensions?

You mean illegal shots to the head that would get them lengthy suspensions?

Wording it like that makes it sound so bad. :p

Teaches you to not play with your head down...

Edited by Maverick

Predators match Flyers' offer for Shea Weber..