Turry

Gore struggled in the second half of the season.

Frank Gore had just one game with a per-carry average over 4.0 in the second half of the 2011 season.

Gore's per-carry average plummeted to 3.2 in the final eight games after he was run into the ground during a five-game stretch of 100-yard performances from Weeks 4-9. Just as worrisome are Gore's lack of production in the passing game and the arrival of LaMichael James and potential goal-line horse Brandon Jacobs to go with talented second-year back Kendall Hunter. We fail to see the upside of drafting Gore at his current early fourth-round ADP.

Source: 2012 Sleepers and Busts

I would still rather him RB #1 than the other 3. I don't get what this article is trying to say with that last sentence.

" We fail to see the upside of drafting Gore at his current early fourth-round ADP."

He was playing hurt.

He was playing hurt.

Apparently, playing hurt is a euphemism for being a shitty player these days.

I would still rather him RB #1 than the other 3. I don't get what this article is trying to say with that last sentence.

" We fail to see the upside of drafting Gore at his current early fourth-round A

DP."

Probably referring to fantasy football...

SF had the worst WR unit in the NFL for 3-4 years in a row. Teams could stack 8 in the box because they knew they could single anybody running a route. THAT is the reason Gore's numbers dropped off. After a few injuries made it obvious that Smith had nobody to throw to, teams were loading up to stop Gore. This lack of any deep threat also makes it easier to pressure the QB. Smith was sacked 44 times in the reg. season. Nobody to throw to also makes the QB hold the ball longer to try to extend the play so the fkn waterboy might get open to catch a ball. Apparently it takes a high IQ to comprehend this stuff though. Lucky for me mine is higher than most of you dumb asses can count.

• Downvote 7

Apparently, playing hurt is a euphemism for being a shitty player these days.

I guess that means PIT fielded a shitty QB when they got their asses handed to them at the stick last year huh?

• Downvote 7

Seriously? Who the hell do you think you are?

Anyone with an IQ of "180" should have absolutely no need or reason to come here and start talking down to other members.

You must really have some deep rooted self esteem problems, your extreme arrogance is quite the red flag. Your confidence is a thin disguise for your insecurity. These are problems you should be discussing with your parents, or a school counselor, or maybe even a therapist, but not us.

Please, save your bullshit and stop posting here.

He's a Niner fan. What did you expect? Humility? They don't know the meaning of that word. Even when they hadn't won the division in a decade they still acted like they owned the NFC West. However, he does have a fair point. It's rough going for your RB when enemy defenses don't have to worry about your passing game.

However, 1200 yards and 8 TDs is by no means a terrible season for a RB. Not elite, but not terrible. In fact looking at his sheet, Gore had statistically one of his best seasons, (rushing at least, though his recieving definately sucked this year) and with the new weapons they added at WR he'll probably have more room to run this year. It seems to me this whole discussion is a complete non-issue. Gore is doing just fine on the ground. Through the air could use some work though, not that it's his main job.

He's a Niner fan. What did you expect? Humility? They don't know the meaning of that word.

;)

Edited by Pwillie52