Sign in to follow this  
Maverick

[TGP Official] 2012 Yahoo FFL

Draft Grades!

The Bitch Fuckers: A lot of big names on this team with a few questions to be asked. Will the Saints' mess effect Brees? Will Turner buck the trend of RBs hitting the wall at 30? How will AD be able to recover from the injury? V-Jax just got paid so there's always that scare in FF. If all these questions are answered positively come November, I expect to see you in the top spot or near it. Good depth on the bench, too. Overall Grade: B+

Team Bacardi: I like the strategy of taking an extra position player until kickoff. Stud QB, receivers that make a lot of catches that both have HOFers throwing to them, and RBs are nice. I'll ask the same question I did for Sproles that I did Brees and Murray's coming off an injury. Some nice names on your bench as well - Smith, Wilson, Hillman. I have a feeling even if one of your starters go down with an injury, you'll be just fine. Overall Grade: A

BBKings: Eli had a huge year this past season but I don't see him putting up those types of numbers again. Forte and Johnson are a sweet duo, as are Wallace and Colston. Davis isn't the best option at TE but he certainly isn't the worst. Bench has potential and who knows - maybe you're starting RG3 come November. Flex position could hurt you as I don't see any unquestionable starter to fill it. Overall Grade: B+

The Shirtless Mavs: You're already docked a letter grade due to your name lol. Brady's good for at least 4000/30. Both Cruz and White are upper-echelon guys. Your RBs don't convince me. Gore is barely RB1 quality for me, same goes for Greene at RB2. I like your receiver depth a lot but RB is definitely your weak point. Your playoff chances lie with how well the "slave" performs once he comes back...Overall Grade: B

Hello Brooklyn: Peyton's a gamble and Bradford as your handcuff isn't ideal. AJ needs to dust off that "glass body" reputation he's slowly building but he still performs. I love the Marshall pick (I'm high on Chicago's offense this year). Foster is a stud. Beanie is more of a flex guy for me this year but we'll see. Elite TE in Gates makes up for it, though. Bench is a little dry. As it is often with fantasy, health is going to be key for this team's success. Overall Grade: B-

Sean Brock: Jay Cutler is an enigma. Will he go off this year? Will he snap in two? Wayne and Nelson are a nice 1-2 combo, especially hearing that Wayne's become Luck's favorite target. You better hope your WRs go off because your quality at RB is mediocre. Martin is a big if but if he turns out good, come Week 5 you could have MJD, Mathews, and Martin...your team would be firing on all cylinders. I like the Titus Young pick. Overall Grade: B+

Second half will be posted later...

That's pretty much how I'd rank my draft..The only problem I have is that flex position as I'm not really into Kevin Smith that much..I might start Meachem but I'll think about it until the start of the season..

B+? I'll take it for drafting 9th, though I think BC's roster is being highly overrated here.

Also, Hello Brooklyn (G-Men) was on Auto and so was Phail.

Pretty much agree with that grade. My RB situation will depend heavily on how Mendy does when he gets back and whether Gore will stay healthy for all 16 games. Benson has huge potential on the Packers with all the holes that their passing game should open up. And I drafted Greene on upside...gambling on Sanchez failing miserably and the Jets having to revert back to a run-orientated offense :D

Finally, the second half of the draft analysis...

I'D HIT THAT: Rivers is a solid QB. You've got two young guns who are coming off big years and look to build on that in AJ/Jones/Dez (if the latter can stay on the field). If this was a keeper league I'd kiss you. Your backs are alright. You've got a lot of depth and options in Bush and Ingram, but I wouldn't be too happy coming out of the draft with Fred and DeAngelo as my starters. Carolina is a RB playground. Jackson should have a good year, but I'm only expecting it to be around RB2 production. DC has made it clear Davis is their man and he will be involved in that offense heavily. You're getting docked for picking Freddy with the first overall pick, though. Overall Grade: B+

PD's Championship: Stafford is a fantasy beast. Receiving core is respectable in Smith, Brown, and Garcon but one has to wonder how much Smith has left in the tank. I especially like the Brown pick. McGahee is on the border for me whether he's RB2 worthy, but if McFadden doesn't get injured he'll be a champ. Finley should dominate at TE, but we've been saying that for a few years now and we're still waiting for it to happen consistently. A lot has to go right for this team to be a contender. Overall Grade: C

BLUE: Romo is a lock for 4000/30. Fitzgerald and Bowe are both good options at receiver, not the best though. Fitz has dropouts throwing to him and Cassel has a few more options in this offense now. A little concerned you have both a receiver and back from the same team, though I do admit I really like the Charles pick. I'm big on him this year and expect him to be in the Top 5 at the end of the season. RB in general are very nice. S-Jax is getting old but he's still golden especially in a PPR, Bradshaw is RB2 for me so the fact you can put him as your flex is great. Pettigrew is OK cause they do have Scheffler too. Deep bench completes this playoff contender. Overall Grade: A

Sarge's Smackdown: There's always the scare of a sophomore slump, even with a young stud such as Cam. Jennings and Thomas is a nice one-two punch at receiver. You managed to get arguably the best PPR RB as well. Touche. Stewart is an OK RB2 and Bush is a decent option coming off the bench. A NE TE in that offense is always good. You're bench covers the spread nicely and Stevie Johnson at your flex position is nice considering I have him tilting on the WR2/WR3 fence. I'd be shocked not to see this team in the playoffs. Overall Grade: A-

Phailadelphia: Autodraft is for pussies? Maybe not. Atlanta is #1 in weakest schedule for teams vs QB. This should mean huge rewards from Matty Ice. Maclin may be Philly's best WR, but Austin can't stay out of the ER. McCoy is money pure gold, Lynch is probably going to be a good RB1 so having him in RB2 is even better. The Gronk just had the best season at TE in NFL history. Hillis is a suitable flex option as he'll eat some TDs. Rodgers, Gerhart, and Little are all names I like on the bench. Save the best for last? Team to beat right here. Overall Grade: A

Need a big game from Ray Rice tonight.

Man, there's a lot of close matchups that are going to be decided by tonight's games.

My hopes of winning lie on McFadden getting less than six points. :rofl:

You need 20 or something to beat me..Rice can get you more than that..

1 and OH! Yeah my team might or might not be an A, but as a draft strategy I just took the BPA in the first 2 rounds and from there just tried to take smart risks on young/up and coming players (Murray, Decker, BJGE). I left BJGE out because of his matchup but he will be this years' Marshawn Lynch, so I'm fortunate to have 3 good runningbacks (if you consider Sproles good).

Rayman went to work for you, Sarge.

Congrats on the first win. Close game!

Extremely close..Congrats Sarge!

This new "Recap" feature is pretty cool.

Yea, I really like that.

Charts and everything? Rediculous. This is gunna be a big hit for my league that I run, everyone gets really into it and uses the smack boxes for analysis. :rock:

Where's that little bastard seanbrock? Bout to be the biggest blowout 2 weeks in a row :yep:

Taking offers for Danny Amendola and/or Dez Bryant. :yep:

Benjarvus Green Ellis on the trade block

(the player, not the poster).

You can have him too, actually :yep:

Edited by BC

1st place bitches, project at 141.20 this week :yep:

^early in the season, pal.

Bye Weeks are starting this week. Make sure you guys update your rosters and do not leave starters in on byes! This league will continue its tradition in making sure competitiveness is at the highest. What that means is if you have a player left in your team on a BYE, I'll replace him with the player in that position that was due to get the highest projected points for that week.

If anybody has a problem with that speak your mind, but its what I've been doing for a while now and I posted it in the introduction.

^lolwut.

Glad to see 11/12 owners updated their teams this past week. Sarge was the only one to leave BYE players in starting positions and it wouldn't have effected the outcome of the matchup anyway.

I'll send him a friendly reminder. The next reminder won't be so friendly, asshole. ;)

My team sucks so much.

I think you've been a bit unlucky. You're putting up mid-table worthy points, but you've had the 2nd most points scored against your team. You own a RB/WR each in the top 10 at their respective position. I think the wins will start rolling your way soon enough...

BBKings: Eli had a huge year this past season but I don't see him putting up those types of numbers again. Forte and Johnson are a sweet duo, as are Wallace and Colston. Davis isn't the best option at TE but he certainly isn't the worst. Bench has potential and who knows - maybe you're starting RG3 come November. Flex position could hurt you as I don't see any unquestionable starter to fill it. Overall Grade: B+

Your record doesn't show it but I still think you're a B-graded team. Oh and I don't know what the hell I was thinking when I made that comment about Vernon lol. Smith loves him and the guy's a tank.

Everyone updated their teams this week. Awesome, guys!

Right about now is when we'll start to see the frauds weeded out and the true contenders stepping up.

BC (5-1) will be the first loser I make an example out of in my path to glory. And BLUE, why didn't you like my trade offer?

I'm looking for a decent RB (like half the league is lol). Feel free to send me a trade offer and keep checking your teams as I'll be sending some out as well.

Edited by Maverick