Sign in to follow this  
badgers

Packers release SS Peprah

Packers released SS Charlie Peprah.

Peprah received a $50,000 workout bonus in the spring and was due only $1 million in base salary. The move is a big surprise on the first day of training camp, although Peprah missed all of OTA season with knee woes and might not have been healthy. A 14-game starter in 2011, Peprah intercepted five passes and recorded 94 tackles. The Packers may turn to M.D. Jennings at strong safety, assuming they don't just move Charles Woodson there full time.

Source: Jason Wilde on Twitter Jul 25 - 4:17 PM

Not that I care TOO much but why before training camp even begins? Makes no sense to me.

It was obvious that he wasn't going to be a starter... With a low salary, you would have thought that he would have made for a really nice bench player.

Oh well, looks like the Packers think these young guys are ready. Bring it on.

Time to join a cheap cover band, Sal and Peprah.

^ That makes more sense.

I was wondering why we cut last year's starter and a potential week 1 starter before training camp actually begun..

Cuz I mean even if we didn't want him playing for us at all, he could at least give some decent competition to the rookies.

Wouldn't mind seeing Carolina give him a shot. We could definitely use him.

He was a pretty decent player wasnt he. I saw him make a few nice plays and never really many where I asked what the fuck were you thinking.

Like in the playoffs last year when he tried hip checking Nicks and Nicks ran it into the endzone? He's made his share of mistakes but he was decent.

Very mediocre is where Perpah stands. Makes a couple nice plays, makes some boneheaded plays. Not going to wow you by any means. Good depth at S if any team out there is lacking.

He must have still had issues with his injury to be cut before camp and with that cheap salary.

As long as our new draft picks can step up, I have no problem with this move. Peprah will probably make a solid bench player somewhere else depending on why he failed his physical.