Sign in to follow this  
FartWaffles

J-Stew or Mendenhall?

In my fantasy league Jonathan Stewart and Rashard Mendenhall have both just been sent to waivers. I plan on putting a claim on at least one of them. Just wanted to hear from TGP who y'all think has the most upside out of the two. My starters are pretty loaded so I'm willing/able to stash them on my bench while they heal up.

I'm leaning more toward Mendenhall, but I'd like to see what you guys think. Thanks in advance!

I like Mendy because I think once he returns, the team will rely heavily on him. He will get a bigger work load than J-Stew would probably get.

Edited by KiLaSix9

Mendenhall, he will be the starter and see a bulk of the carries.

J-Stew's injury, I think, is not going to be a big factor. To me, it's a risk/reward thing. If Mendy comes back and is like he has been playing, he would be better than Stewart, simply because of the backfield J-Stew plays out of.

Stewart is the safer pick, but Mendy has way more potential.

• Upvote 1

J-Stew's injury, I think, is not going to be a big factor. To me, it's a risk/reward thing. If Mendy comes back and is like he has been playing, he would be better than Stewart, simply because of the backfield J-Stew plays out of.

Stewart is the safer pick, but Mendy has way more potential.

Spot on. IMO.

A lot of it is going to be what your backfield looks like already. If you are in need of a contributor now and a source of consistent production (even though it will be split), Stewart is your guy. If you have a stable of backs or even just a nice rotation in your starting slots, you can probably more afford the gamble on Mendenhall.

Stewart.

Mendenhall was already starting to decline before the injury, it's not going to get better after it.