Sign in to follow this  
Milla4Prez63

2012 Buccaneers season thread

Honestly, I think if we had a better QB we would have 1oss or none right now. Most of these loses fall right on Freemans shoulder for not getting the job done. But even when this team has a lead we can never finish the game strong.

The defense was getting driven on all day against the Giants. They made key turnovers and deserve credit for that, but it isn't like we shut them down all day until the 4th and got tired. They were barely holding on all day and finally cracked at the end because we couldn't keep getting turnovers.

The main reason they didn't allow any points in the 2nd half is because of Billy Cundiff, lol. I'll give them credit for standing and not giving up any TDs, but it wasn't that good. We never would've had a shot if the Redskins had a decent kicker, like they do now picking up our preseason buddy Kai Forbath.

He's had one good quarter so far, big whoop. He needs to do more than have the occasional good looking moments to prove he is anything in this league. He's been in the league four years and there has been more bad than good, the excuses are running thin.

Fact is, the defense allowed 13 points, forced 3 turnovers and even got us 7 points through 3 quarters against the Giants. That's some pretty good defense against the defending Superbowl Champs,

I agree that Cundiff should have gotten them some points, but our D did a good job of not breaking and allowing any TD's.

Freeman's had 1 good quarter? I'd say he did a good job the entire 1st half of the Panthers game and was solid most of the 1st half of the Giants game. The shitty and conservative play calling led to him not having good 2nd half's in both these games. He also looked great in the 2nd half against the Redskins. Freeman's been inconsistent and we all aren't happy with it, but I think people are criticizing Freeman unfairly and way too much.

Honestly, I think if we had a better QB we would have 1oss or none right now. Most of these loses fall right on Freemans shoulder for not getting the job done. But even when this team has a lead we can never finish the game strong.

This is what I am talking about. How can you blame these losses squarely on Freeman? I think the only game you can say that for is the Cowboys game.

Edited by GoodellFTL

How can you not blame the Washington game on him? The guy played like complete shit for almost 3 quarters.

How can you not blame the Washington game on him? The guy played like complete shit for almost 3 quarters.

He was shitty in the 1st half, but he bounced back and put us ahead after being down by 15 and then the defense blew the lead at the end.

Or the Giants game where he threw 2 picks and only had one good drive of offense all day? lol

Or the Giants game where he threw 2 picks and only had one good drive of offense all day? lol

The defense fell apart in the 4th quarter and blew the lead. Thanks to our shitty and conservative playcalling we kept on going 3 and out and eventually the defense got too tired.

Anyways, once we blew the lead, Freeman quickly responded and threw a TD to Mike Williams and then the defense blew it again with less than a minute left. And even after that, Freeman probably would have led us down the field for a TD had Mike Williams made that sideline catch (which was a PERFECTLY thrown ball by Freeman).

And Freeman had a lot of very good throws that day, especially to V-Jax deep. And I was at the game. Trust me, other than V-Jax no one was really getting open. It's amazing how everyone just loves to bash Freeman and put all the blame on him.

The defense fell apart in the 4th quarter and blew the lead. Thanks to our shitty and conservative playcalling we kept on going 3 and out and eventually the defense got too tired.

Anyways, once we blew the lead, Freeman quickly responded and threw a TD to Mike Williams and then the defense blew it again with less than a minute left. And even after that, Freeman probably would have led us down the field for a TD had Mike Williams made that sideline catch (which was a PERFECTLY thrown ball by Freeman).

And Freeman had a lot of very good throws that day, especially to V-Jax deep. And I was at the game. Trust me, other than V-Jax no one was really getting open. It's amazing how everyone just loves to bash Freeman and put all the blame on him.

The defense fell apart in the 4th quarter because Freeman and co. were unable to sustain any drives and keep them off the field.

It is amazing how you still have your head up Freeman's ass even though it is pretty obvious to everyone else that he just sucks. I guess an occasional good throw or moment in the middle of horrific play is enough to impress some people.

The defense fell apart in the 4th quarter because Freeman and co. were unable to sustain any drives and keep them off the field.

It is amazing how you still have your head up Freeman's ass even though it is pretty obvious to everyone else that he just sucks. I guess an occasional good throw or moment in the middle of horrific play is enough to impress some people.

Freeman and Co. were unable to sustain drives because the playcalling was so predictable and conservative. We barely even put the ball in Free's hand.

I'm not saying he is good. I am simply saying that I don't think there has been enough time to judge Freeman fairly and it is true. He's had 3 years of garbage coaching and hardly any weapons. This year he is in a new offense with better coaching, he actually has weapons and our D is playing well for the most part. It's only been 4 games and I am definitely willing to give him some more time before I completely give up and say he sucks. We ALL saw what he could in 2010, and to be honest, the 2nd half of the Redskins game reminded me a lot of 2010 Josh.

I'm not saying Freeman is great or anything because he is not, but I know the guy has talent and I'm not ready to give up on him yet. If he hasn't improved by the end of the year, I agree that we should look into a replacement, but the guy still has until the end of the season as far as I am concerned.

Freeman and Co. were unable to sustain drives because the playcalling was so predictable and conservative. We barely even put the ball in Free's hand.

I'm not saying he is good. I am simply saying that I don't think there has been enough time to judge Freeman fairly and it is true. He's had 3 years of garbage coaching and hardly any weapons. This year he is in a new offense with better coaching, he actually has weapons and our D is playing well for the most part. It's only been 4 games and I am definitely willing to give him some more time before I completely give up and say he sucks. We ALL saw what he could in 2010, and to be honest, the 2nd half of the Redskins game reminded me a lot of 2010 Josh.

I'm not saying Freeman is great or anything because he is not, but I know the guy has talent and I'm not ready to give up on him yet. If he hasn't improved by the end of the year, I agree that we should look into a replacement, but the guy still has until the end of the season as far as I am concerned.

Barely put the ball in his hands? He threw 28 passes that game, that is a pretty decent amount. Especially considering we were up almost the whole game. Also, the main reason for the conservative playcalling is because the coaches can't trust Freeman, and for good reason. Now, they should open things up a little bit, but Freeman actually has to show some damn consistency and make some good throws.

Freeman has been in the league for 4 years and has 44 starts, how much time do we have to give the guy? lol. He isn't a rookie anymore, it is time he actually start playing like a real NFL QB and not a confused rookie with moments of brilliance stuck inside mostly terrible play. This is a make or break year for Freeman and as of now he is clearly on the break side. Time is up, he needs to get his shit together.

For a guy playing on his contract year, he sure does SUCK. I can't wait for the Freeman era to end.

@RCummingsTrib:

The Bucs have outscored opponents 60-54 through three quarters this year. It's the 4th Q that's killing them. Been outscored 37-22, there

Not bad.

They're learning.

Just have to learn how to finish.

Again, I'm seeing vast improvement. Just need to keep on climbing (improving).

:yep:

At least we can move Ronde back to CB and start Black at FS for now. Should attempt to trade for a CB though.

No offense, guys, but Adderall has become the new convenient excuse for failing a PED test in the NFL.

Teams nor the league can't say what the player tested positive for, so it's not a shocker that damn near everyone that is getting busted for PED use lately is using the "It was Adderall" excuse.

All we have to go on is what the player said he got busted for under the new CBA.

Color me skeptical ... I find it hard to believe that all these positive tests for PEDs recently in the NFL are the result of Adderall ...

Edited by BLUE
  • Upvote 2

Bucs are 2-0 when I work Sundays, and 0-3 when I don't.

:think:

I posted my thoughts on the win today in the game day thread.

Just wanted to say that I'm done supporting Talib. We need to dump him. Ideally, a trade to get something for him. Next year our secondary will again be a priority.

Bucs are 2-0 when I work Sundays, and 0-3 when I don't.

:think:

I'm kind of the same way. 0-3 when I can watch the full game. 2-0 when I can't.

Heard the Saints game is close to a sellout, but thats probably due in large fact due to Saints fans.

Vonte is quickly becoming my favorite Buccaneer. :yep:

Edited by KiLaSix9

Vonte is quickly becoming my favorite Buccaneer. :yep:

Who?