Favre4Ever

Greg Jennings Could Be Leaving The Packers

Finley is supposedly now healthy and not worrying about his deal. He no longer has ANY excuses to come up short. He needs to run better routes, he needs to catch the football... If he does that, he will be fine and get his payday -- someday.

As far as Jennings is concerned, he absolutely would succeed elsewhere. He isn't the fastest guy as far as 40 times go, but his speed is deceiving. He plays the game extremely fast, even if he doesn't beat you in a straight line.

He makes a ton of great moves after the catch, and has juked out defenders more times than I can count. He runs clean, crisp routes. And he is willing to put in the work to get better and develop chemistry with his QB.

He will have success elsewhere, to what degree will depend on a lot of other factors.

• Upvote 1

I am eyeballing this situation closely for personal interests. Most likely Ray Lewis is coming off the books this year as well as matt birk and possibly Ed Reed considering his contract is up. I think the Ravens would be fools not to look at him hard considering Boldin is aging and his contract is up in two years so we would have a guy who is a playmaker for one year in the system. I am hoping it could happen. I love this guy. He has everything you could want.

AS to him being the product of a system there is no way. Welker is a system guy. Meachem was most likely a system guy. Several offenses have them but i think Jennings is a complete receiver who would make any QB a happy guy.

Finley could be finding himself elsewhere as well.

If we keep Nelson, Cobb, and Jones. I think we will be fine. But we should look at drafting another WR, IMO, next year. It's one position that we can actually scout. lol

Which if he is I personally would be pretty happy about as DJ Williams is a player that I like and imo would benefit the Packers in a starting role more than Finley does.

On the Jennings situation it is as a lot of you have said tough to get done as all four players will be looking to get paid and all deserve to as well. The only way I could see all four returning is if they came to an accord and all took less money than they could get which in today's system is very unlikely, awesome if it did but unlikely.

However Nelson would be a good #1 receiver at a lot of teams, Jones when he is actually in the game and concentrating can be good and Cobb imo is just waiting to have a break out year. These 3 would be a epic WR triplet on there own let alone adding Greg in there like we do now, if he went I'd be disappointed and sad but more than confident in the WR corps as one rookie WR learning behind these 3 guys can only be a good thing.

I see it as being one of those things where he excels but only if he isn't the primary receiver on the team, such as Santonio Holmes, TJ Houshmandzadeh, Lee Evans, etc. When Donald was Donald Greg was Greg.

I see it as being one of those things where he excels but only if he isn't the primary receiver on the team, such as Santonio Holmes, TJ Houshmandzadeh, Lee Evans, etc. When Donald was Donald Greg was Greg.

What are you talking about? Greg Jennings has been Green Bay's primary receiver for the past 4 seasons.

So I don't mean to revive this topic, nor do I really have a side in this (for obvious reasons), but just a thought.

What exactly has BJ Raji done to earn this apparent huge contract extension that Jennings hasn't?

So I don't mean to revive this topic, nor do I really have a side in this (for obvious reasons), but just a thought.

What exactly has BJ Raji done to earn this apparent huge contract extension that Jennings hasn't?

Well BJ basically is our defensive line. Even though it isn't good. That's just the thing too I don't think he's going to get the big contract everyone is expecting for him.

He will get a nice deal, probably nothing that breaks the bank.

I could see Jennings taking a hometown discount. By the way what is his injury status?

I could see Jennings taking a hometown discount. By the way what is his injury status?

If he does take a discount... it won't be much. This will be his final big pay day of his career. You gotta milk it while you can. And he is listed as doubtful but has told the coaches he wants to play.

Randall Cobb is waiting to swoop in and demand playing time by shining on the field. This could be a pivotal game.

Greg Jennings is a monster I ve seen him play for four years twice a season. Four years in a row he averaged over 16 yards per catch. He can break one on a defence at any time. I would LOVE for him to leave the NFC North.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

Greg Jennings is a monster I ve seen him play for four years twice a season. Four years in a row he averaged over 16 yards per catch. He can break one on a defence at any time. I would LOVE for him to leave the NFC North.

Understatement. haha.

I know I'm the biggest Jennings-fan on the site but let me just say that it worries me to think about losing him at this rate. EVERYONE is dropping balls and he's usually one that doesn't drop hardly anything (maybe difficult catch or two). But when the ball is on the guys numbers he catches it. When it's placed in the basket he catches it. Back shoulder, slant, fade, sideline, guy will catch 95% of the balls Rodgers gives him.

Fuck off with Finley the drop monster if need be. I'd rather have somebody that can catch balls than somebody that looks scary..

I don't think you can make a direct correlation between Jennings being out and our other WRs dropping the ball 3 times in the first 15 minutes. Those things happen sometimes.

You could say that with him out there, it takes passes away from guys that drop the ball.. Which it essentially does.