Vin

Panthers @ Bucs

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

He had 2 drops, but after we took the early lead, our offense started playing very conservative and we ran pretty much all the time. I think Freeman only had 20 yards in the 2nd half. V-Jax had a HUGE catch on 3rd down at the end of the 4th quarter though that sealed the game for us.

How did VJax do? Did he look like a receiver that just "got paid" and wasn't giving 100% out there? Heard he had 2 or 3 drops.

I hope not because he's on my fantasy team, but it was a concern I had drafting him and would like some input from fans who watched his first game.

He didn't seem to be slacking at all, but the Panthers had some really good coverage on him most of the game. It looked like all of his catches came off of hook routes.

VJax was solid. No big plays but came up with some clutch catches when we needed.

Why did everyone think Cam was invulnerable to the Sophomore Slump?

Shit, I can't name a QB off the top of my head it hasn't happened to in the past few years...

*in before someone thinks of one and proves me wrong* lol

There is no such thing as the sophomore slump. I already showed this. The idea is a myth. The only QB who did well in his first year that it did happen to, in the last twenty years, was Sam Bradford and there are a ton of reasons for what happened to him.

Cam Newton was not the reason for the loss. I realize some people who didn't watch the game, *cough* ATL *cough* might think so, but no QB in the NFL is going to do much with Gerald McCoy in his face a half second after the ball is snapped.

The first INT was a good pass. LaFell was mugged by Aqib Talib, and no DPI was called, this allowed Talib to tip it up and then Ronde made a good play on the ball. No way is that on Newton.

The second INT is on him, partly, he should have seen the safety coming over. He did actually have a great play prior to the INT that was wiped out by a non-existent hold. He got frustrated after that run being called back when it should have been first and ten, and made a poor decision with the football. That's on him, yes, but he's still young, and the Bucs defense definitely got in his head.

But ten rushing yards on the ground and you guys are seriously blaming Cam? Lol.

I guaran-damn-tee you that the Panthers will not win a football game with ten yards rushing.

Edited by Thanatos19