Sign in to follow this  
housemd

AFC South Power Rankings

1. :Texans: I don't think the explanation is necessary..

2. :Colts: Yep,the Colts..Andrew Luck was very good last week and he managed to lead the Colts to their first W(also his first W as a pro)..They're at #2 because of unimpressive performances by the Titans and Jags but they'll maybe continue playing well and stay here..We'll see..

3. :Titans: CJ2YPG sucks..So much..Fantasy owners everywhere don't know what to do with this guy as most of them spent their first round picks on him(including me :shifty:)..Jake Locker needs to work a lot and there's a possibility Matt Hasselbeck starts a game or two..

4. :jags: MJD's holdout might have ruined team's chemistry a little bit as they haven't shown much this season,except in week 1 where they were close to winning the game..Blaine Gabbert looked good then but returned to being the same old Blaine Gabbert in week 2..MJD should rush more and more if they want to win a few games this season..

Blaine gabbert looked like Last years Blaine Gabbert because of starting 2 3rd string Offensive line guys. im sure if any NFL QB had Guy Whimper at RT they would be like blaine was.

Blaine gabbert looked like Last years Blaine Gabbert because of starting 2 3rd string Offensive line guys. im sure if any NFL QB had Guy Whimper at RT they would be like blaine was.

You would be very incorrect. Tony Romo and Eli Manning have terribad offensive lines as far as pass blocking goes, and they're still able to be top-10 QBs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You would be very incorrect. Tony Romo and Eli Manning have terribad offensive lines as far as pass blocking goes, and they're still able to be top-10 QBs.

lol im sure that their Worse Olinemen isnt nearly as bad as Guy whimper. LG is kinda meh cuz he didnt do that bad but im sure that getting a better player like britton at LG.

i wouldnt say the Giants have a bad oline. they have an AVERAGE line. romo isnt that good. he is a Benefit of all them talented skill players around him.

What, like Dez Bryant? Romo has posted a QBR of over 90 in every season he's started. He's a great QB.

What, like Dez Bryant? Romo has posted a QBR of over 90 in every season he's started. He's a great QB.

hes not that great. Dude cant get it done when the moneys on the line.

put any qb thats average and below behind this Line and they will look like how Gabbert looked.

The Giants' offensive line is absolutely brutal ... Easily one of the worst in the league this season and DEFINITELY last season ...

hes not that great. Dude cant get it done when the moneys on the line.

put any qb thats average and below behind this Line and they will look like how Gabbert looked.

Way to eat up what the media feeds you. That's not the case at all. Go do some research and look at Romo's career numbers in the 4th quarter.

And yeah Blue is also correct. The G-men O-line is terrible. Quit making excuses for Gabbert, he can make them all he wants this year, but the fact is, if he keeps playing like he did last year, he is just showing he can't handle the pressure of the NFL.

Your original statement was "put any NFL QB with Guy Whimper at RT" what you just said here is much more reasonable. Gabbert is a below-average NFL starter, so yeah, other below-average NFL starters are going to look nearly as bad, though more mobile QBs might get more done, (Tim Tebow, perhaps), even if they are just as bad as Gabbert, simply because they can evade pressure better.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Way to eat up what the media feeds you. That's not the case at all. Go do some research and look at Romo's career numbers in the 4th quarter.

And yeah Blue is also correct. The G-men O-line is terrible. Quit making excuses for Gabbert, he can make them all he wants this year, but the fact is, if he keeps playing like he did last year, he is just showing he can't handle the pressure of the NFL.

Your original statement was "put any NFL QB with Guy Whimper at RT" what you just said here is much more reasonable. Gabbert is a below-average NFL starter, so yeah, other below-average NFL starters are going to look nearly as bad, though more mobile QBs might get more done, (Tim Tebow, perhaps), even if they are just as bad as Gabbert, simply because they can evade pressure better.

Ive watched Romo Choke more than a how long a Kardashian Wedding last. lol No QB in the NFL really truely be effective behind this Oline right now. and while we are at lets use the jags wrs since we are using the Jags Oline since Blaine was using both. id bet more times than not Most QBS would fail with this set up.

LOL at the Tebow even being a QB. the DUDE cant throw a Pass. hes Perfect for the College Spread urban meyes Runs but that offense dont work in the NFL. as far as Mobility is Concerned Blaine Is Mobile like Big Ben. id love to go see Cam newton Suck with this Set up on offense.

oh and about the Blaine Not being able to handle the Pressure of being an NFL QB is Laughable. How the hell is QB supposed to be Successful when u get at best 3 secs if not less to throw the ball before getting hit with Sir Whiffs alot aka Guy WHIMPER at RT.

I think that Blaine deserves more time to be able to evaluate him.

As far as Romo is concerned, he's a good QB, IMO. He gets a lot of shit for the apparent "choke jobs", but there are so many variables when judging a QB.

I'll try to find it again and post a link if I can find it, but I remember reading an article on PFR that showed that Romo was actually more "clutch" than Eli, statistically speaking, last season ...

Someone light me on fire for sticking up for Romo ITT. :disgust:

Edited by BLUE
  • Upvote 1

Ive watched Romo Choke more than a how long a Kardashian Wedding last. lol No QB in the NFL really truely be effective behind this Oline right now. and while we are at lets use the jags wrs since we are using the Jags Oline since Blaine was using both. id bet more times than not Most QBS would fail with this set up.

LOL at the Tebow even being a QB. the DUDE cant throw a Pass. hes Perfect for the College Spread urban meyes Runs but that offense dont work in the NFL. as far as Mobility is Concerned Blaine Is Mobile like Big Ben. id love to go see Cam newton Suck with this Set up on offense.

oh and about the Blaine Not being able to handle the Pressure of being an NFL QB is Laughable. How the hell is QB supposed to be Successful when u get at best 3 secs if not less to throw the ball before getting hit with Sir Whiffs alot aka Guy WHIMPER at RT.

You're allowing Romo's two or three big mistakes to cloud your judgment of his skills as a whole. He has the second-highest QBR of *all-time* and you are telling me he isn't that good? His fourth-quarter stats are among the best in the league of active starters. He is NOT a choker, that is an image the media has tried to shove down the throats of anyone who is willing to take them at their word.

Tebow has about a 50% completion rating, and I don't hold his skills in high regard for the QB position. That said, the point was that he was mobile, and could thus evade the rush that having Whimper as a RT would give him.

Cam Newton would do a hell of a lot better than Blaine Gabbert, if for no other reason than that he is bigger and mobile.

3 seconds is plenty of time to throw a football. Nothing too deep, keep it under 20 yards, but plenty of time. If Whimper is giving him 3 seconds, then that excuse falls flat.

And I said *if* he keeps playing like he did last year, then he will be showing he can't handle the pressure.

Edited by Thanatos19

Titans are worse then Jags are right now. Not because our team sucks, but we arent playing good at all. We have one of those teams to were if we had a coach who could make adjustments, cordinators whod do the same, and actually know how to run the team, wed be a playoff team. Bad coaching does that. Saints are 0-2 because of it. 49ers went from scrub play to fucking best team in the NFL. Sure not in one day and also because of good drafts. But Jim H knows what hes doing there and i say he has to be a top coach already.

As for Gabbert, hes not used to having to run for most of his life. In college in spread he was used to having time to look and make those throws, and show off his goods to why he got drafted so high. I dont think hes a bust, but hes one of those QB's who needs time to be good. Hes not a Big Ben who can get it done running or in the pocket. Gabberts a pocket QB. You get pressure on him he will falter. Doesnt make him a abd QB, it just doesnt make him a GOOD one. Hes average when he doesnt have time. Hes young too so he will force mistakes often under pressure. Still needs more time, but Jags pass protection is ugly.

• Upvote 1

As for Gabbert, hes not used to having to run for most of his life. In college in spread he was used to having time to look and make those throws, and show off his goods to why he got drafted so high. I dont think hes a bust, but hes one of those QB's who needs time to be good. Hes not a Big Ben who can get it done running or in the pocket. Gabberts a pocket QB. You get pressure on him he will falter. Doesnt make him a abd QB, it just doesnt make him a GOOD one. Hes average when he doesnt have time. Hes young too so he will force mistakes often under pressure. Still needs more time, but Jags pass protection is ugly.

he has the mobility to extend the play a little bit since he did run a 4.6 forty time for wat it is worth. i think hes more of a pocket passer than a runner. i think he falters with pressure because the pressure is getting to him way to fast with Whimper. look at the minny game. he had time to throw the majority of the game even with Robinson kicking the RTs butt(bradfield and Whimper both played there). to emphasize how young he is hes still 22 and turning 23 in october. he really doesnt seem to be forcing the ball to anyone and really hasnt made any really bad plays this year. i think he needs some more time to improve even more from where he has been last year to now and its pretty good. the jags protection is only ugly because we have 5 Linemen that are hurt including 3 on IR who of which 1 was a starter last year and the other 2 were key backups.

he has the mobility to extend the play a little bit since he did run a 4.6 forty time for wat it is worth. i think hes more of a pocket passer than a runner. i think he falters with pressure because the pressure is getting to him way to fast with Whimper. look at the minny game. he had time to throw the majority of the game even with Robinson kicking the RTs butt(bradfield and Whimper both played there). to emphasize how young he is hes still 22 and turning 23 in october. he really doesnt seem to be forcing the ball to anyone and really hasnt made any really bad plays this year. i think he needs some more time to improve even more from where he has been last year to now and its pretty good. the jags protection is only ugly because we have 5 Linemen that are hurt including 3 on IR who of which 1 was a starter last year and the other 2 were key backups.

I know he can run but what im saying is if hes being flushed from the pocket that pass is unlikely to hit a WR. His best throws come from standing tall and throwing it from there. Since Jags pass protection is ugly u guys should do short passes. You now have big strong WR's to break press coverage and MJD as well. See when things dont work i hate when coaches stick with it. If theres a way to fix it or alter it then change it. Same with our line and our running game. This running up the middle shit is old. Jags should try some faster plays then since u dont have time.

I know he can run but what im saying is if hes being flushed from the pocket that pass is unlikely to hit a WR. His best throws come from standing tall and throwing it from there. Since Jags pass protection is ugly u guys should do short passes. You now have big strong WR's to break press coverage and MJD as well. See when things dont work i hate when coaches stick with it. If theres a way to fix it or alter it then change it. Same with our line and our running game. This running up the middle shit is old. Jags should try some faster plays then since u dont have time.

idk the jags running up the middle isnt that good either. i think they should do it once and a while to keep teams honest from jumping to outside. i think the jags should go to something like we did with Matt Jones as our Number 1 wr which were Short slants.

the jags just need to get healthy on this oline and get smith and cox back because with them added i think we could be atleast a wildcard if our offense plays like it did vs the vikings. i think if we just get bradfield or britton back and playing RT our offense should look more like wat we did vs the vikings than wat we did vs the texans

The Giants' offensive line is absolutely brutal ... Easily one of the worst in the league this season and DEFINITELY last season ...

The Giants o-line dominated the Bucs d-line and didn't allow a single sack up the entire game... I think you may be underrating your line a little bit.

• Upvote 1

Last year the Giants O-line was one of the worst in the league, yet Eli looked better than ever. Gabbert's line isn't helping him, but it doesn't excuse the horrific numbers he put up either.

Hopefully for Jags fans, that was because of inexperience, but he reminded me way too much of watching Jimmy Clausen ala 2010.

Last year the Giants O-line was one of the worst in the league, yet Eli looked better than ever. Gabbert's line isn't helping him, but it doesn't excuse the horrific numbers he put up either.

Hopefully for Jags fans, that was because of inexperience, but he reminded me way too much of watching Jimmy Clausen ala 2010.

he only started 2 years in college and another year in the NFL with Crappy Coaching. id say hes Inexperienced.

the online we do have doesnt do him any favors. we wouldnt even be having this discussion if the online was healthy.

The Giants o-line dominated the Bucs d-line and didn't allow a single sack up the entire game... I think you may be underrating your line a little bit.

Did you watch them versus the Cowboys and all of last season????

Really ? There is a guy in Pittsburgh who would like to talk to you about shit ugly offensive lines as an excuse.

• Upvote 2

Really ? There is a guy in Pittsburgh who would like to talk to you about shit ugly offensive lines as an excuse.

Big Ben is a good QB. however i do think Herb Taylor and Guy whimper are both worse than any Pittsburgh Olinemen :yep: also Note that Ben is an ELITE QB while Blaine is a Young QB who still doesnt have Much QB Experience in the NFL and College.

Big Ben is a good QB. however i do think Herb Taylor and Guy whimper are both worse than any Pittsburgh Olinemen :yep: also Note that Ben is an ELITE QB while Blaine is a Young QB who still doesnt have Much QB Experience in the NFL and College.

Elite is not the argument it is the offensive line. and no Doug Legursky is possibly the worst lineman in the NFL. Big Ben would have better luck with a blow up doll of an Olsen twin there.

Guy Whimper is one of if not the worst RT in the league, there is no doubt about it. Watch a game with him starting at RT. We had a guy playing LG who hasn't played since 2008...our line is terrible outside of LT and RG.

Blaine Gabbert isn't Eli Manning in his 2nd year? Holy shit, can't believe it.

TD's original argument was that any NFL QB behind you guys' line would do just as bad as Gabbert, I was pointing out the ridiculousness of this statement.

Regardless, it's not shocking that Gabbert struggles behind a line that gives him no time. He is a young QB that is trying to quiet the doubters and is one of the youngest in the league. When your line isn't helping you and your WR's aren't getting seperation downfield, what do you want him to do?

• Upvote 1