Sign in to follow this  
BucD

Report: The NFL and Time Warner Cable Finally Have A Deal

For all you non-NFLN having people out there...your wish looks to be finally coming true...

Per Bloomberg.com:

NFL Said to Have Deal With Time Warner for NFL Network, RedZone

By Scott Soshnick - Sep 21, 2012 10:40 AM ET

The National Football League reached agreement with Time Warner (TWC) Cable Inc. to carry the league-owned NFL Network and RedZone Channel, a person with direct knowledge of the situation said.

The multiyear accord may be announced later today, according to the person, who was granted anonymity because the contract hasn’t been signed. New York-based Time Warner, the second-largest U.S. cable company with about 12 million subscribers, had been the only major cable provider without the NFL Network. It isn’t known when the channels will appear on Time Warner systems, the person said.

The agreement comes about a month after the most-watched U.S. sports league reached agreement with Cablevision Systems Inc. to carry the two channels.

NFL Network airs 13 primetime regular-season games. RedZone is a game-day network that shows touchdowns and important plays inside the 20-yard line. NFL Network will carry the Cleveland Browns at the Baltimore Ravens on Sept. 27.

Time Warner spokeswoman Maureen Huff declined to comment. NFL spokesmen Brian McCarthy and Dan Masonson didn’t immediately return e-mails and phone calls seeking comment on whether an agreement had been reached.

Well, it is about fucking time...of course I no longer have cable TV, but when I did, I had Time-Warner and it used to piss me off that there was no NFL NEtwork.

Redzone sucks. But NFL network is nice to have.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It is up and running for me, and I love it so far. Way better than BSPN.

Redzone does kinda suck. Decent idea, but the novelty of it wore off fairly quickly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Redzone does kinda suck. Decent idea, but the novelty of it wore off fairly quickly.

Heretic.

Maybe if you're paying $50 like some cable companies charge for it lol.

I don't get the hate at all for RedZone. You get live look-ins for pretty much every damn score throughout the day. Not sure what more you could ask for. :shrug:

• Downvote 1

I'm OK with getting replays after someone scores in between snaps of a game I'm watching, which pretty much happens on all of the stations that broadcast games ...

Edited by BLUE

I'm OK with getting replays after someone scores in between snaps of a game I'm watching, which pretty much happens on all of the stations that broadcast games ...

Good for you lol.

Some people have no interest in watching the game they're stuck with. I often get the Jets or Giants at 4. Would I rather watch some shitty Jets game, or watch three hours of RedZone to keep track of my fantasy players? Dunno, tough one there, man.