Sign in to follow this  
BC

Dez Bryant

I'm watching some highlights from last nights game. Two balls hit him in the hands which he drops. Then a hitch route that he doesn't stop on that goes for a pick 6. He stunk it up in the game against Seattle as well. I'm starting to think the guy is too talented for his own good. He doesn't know how to use his attributes. He could be a top 5 WR if he really wanted to. It clearly seems to be contagious to his whole team as well. Anyone else think the Cowboys would be much better off without him at this point?

Guest Phailadelphia

He's worth it for as long as he's still on his rookie contract.

I'm watching some highlights from last nights game. Two balls hit him in the hands which he drops. Then a hitch route that he doesn't stop on that goes for a pick 6. He stunk it up in the game against Seattle as well. I'm starting to think the guy is too talented for his own good. He doesn't know how to use his attributes. He could be a top 5 WR if he really wanted to. It clearly seems to be contagious to his whole team as well. Anyone else think the Cowboys would be much better off without him at this point?

He may have to go through 2 or 3 more teams before he figures it out.

He had a terrible game, something that he actually hasn't had yet. Has he been prolific? No, but by no means had he played poorly. He'll get over it, and I think we're looking at a 1000 yard/8-10 TD receiver as soon as this team gets its offense figured out.

Quite frankly, if you think this team is better off without Dez, you also think this team is better off without Romo. What does that mean for you? Means you're an idiot.

Late bloomer? Idk. Bryant has so much upside when he's clicking. I can't see the 'Boys giving up on him in the near future.

He had a terrible game, something that he actually hasn't had yet. Has he been prolific? No, but by no means had he played poorly. He'll get over it, and I think we're looking at a 1000 yard/8-10 TD receiver as soon as this team gets its offense figured out.

Quite frankly, if you think this team is better off without Dez, you also think this team is better off without Romo. What does that mean for you? Means you're an idiot.

Not necessarily. First, Romo is great...I don't care what anyone else says. Wanting or not wanting either of the 2 are independent in my book. Second, if we didn't have Dez, then you have to think about who we would have gotten with that draft pick. I'm thinking center or other OL position without having to trade up for that low first round pick; or taking what we really needed: a safety. Safeties still on the board when Dez was taken: Nate Allen, TJ Ward, Taylor Mays, Morgan Burnett, Major Wright (I just creamed a little) and BOOM! just like that, the Cowboys are better off. One, you're not trading up to get him, essentially trading 2 players for 1. Two, you're getting better value for the picks. And 3, I'd wager that with the right development, we'd ended up with a better player. Romo consistently makes second tier receivers look better than they are (Crayton, Hurd, Amendola, Robinson, T.O., etc.). Now we've got Ogletree. And this is just my opinion, but I think Dwayne Harris is going to turn out to be a really good #2 or #3 receiver. You don't need good receivers for Romo to be successful, you need protection. Magnums for me. Big, strong O-line for Romo.

I hope I'm wrong, but I really think Dez will be cut/released/not resigned after his rookie contract due to lack of production and continued off-the-field issues. He'll probably go to a sucky team desperately needing help, where he'll produce half-ass for a year or two then be released. Then, he'll end up on a low-end contract somewhere with a contending team that needs a good #2 WR where he'll explode onto the scene like he's destined for the HOF.

Or maybe I'm just full of shit.

Edited by BenGone

I hope I'm wrong, but I really think Dez will be cut/released/not resigned after his rookie contract due to lack of production and continued off-the-field issues. He'll probably go to a sucky team desperately needing help, where he'll produce half-ass for a year or two then be released. Then, he'll end up on a low-end contract somewhere with a contending team that needs a good #2 WR where he'll explode onto the scene like he's destined for the HOF.

Maybe I still have Brandon Marshall on my mind.

Even if Dez has been "stinking it up," please tell me who's better in Dallas?

Even if Dez has been "stinking it up," please tell me who's better in Dallas?

That one white guy!

Cowboys won't win a SB till Jerruh dies. It's all about the money in Dallas and not about the actual game in football.

Jerruh is just a businessman running an organization..and unfortunately he calls the shots on the football field with his choice for head-coach. Jerruh is in it for the money...and that'll be why Tony Romo will never win a SB.

Cowboys won't win a SB till Jerruh dies. It's all about the money in Dallas and not about the actual game in football.

Jerruh is just a businessman running an organization..and unfortunately he calls the shots on the football field with his choice for head-coach. Jerruh is in it for the money...and that'll be why Tony Romo will never win a SB.

The Falcons haven't won a Super Bowl since the last time Dallas won one, so what's Arthur Blank in it for? Seems to me that the 21 teams who haven't won a Super Bowl since the last time Dallas won one are in it for the wrong reasons as well. If they were all in it for something other than money, why have only 10 different teams won the SB since Dallas?

Point is, Jerry doesn't do anything different than the other owners besides make a fuck ton of money. Because the one thing Jerry always does is put something interesting on the field every year. It's in the ratings. It's in the revenue. So basically, "He hasn't won a Super Bowl in X years" is just ignorant. He did win one...3 actually. Jerry is one of a handful of owners who are in the business because of love for the game. The man played on a national championship team in college, and as soon as he made enough money, he bought a football team. There's no doubt the man LOVES football, and he loves winning. But he's got to make money and he's pretty f'ing good at it.

San Diego, Tennessee, Carolina, Seattle, Arizona, Cleveland, Detroit, Jacksonville, Houston, and your very own Falcons, have never won a Super Bowl. So what are their owners in it for? Love of losing?

Give me a break. They're all in it for the money and they all love winning, regardless of whether they win or lose, because a loser can produce revenue just as well as a winner. If that wasn't true, 21 other owners would have sold out by now. And 10 teams may as well just shut it down and call it a day because they never won shit.

EVERY owner in the NFL is in it for the money. Period. Not one of them ever said, "I'll invest $[triple digit] million because I just want to hold that trophy."

Come on man.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I'll give you your overall point. Owners are in it for the money. That's why they are OWNERS because they don't know how to actually run a football team. They're businessmen. So they hire coaches and GMs to run the team and put out a winning product. BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT COACHES AND DON'T KNOW FOOTBALL!!

Not Jerry though. He doesn't need a GM. He obviously knows what's best for the Cowboys. That's why they've been perennially 8-8 since he took over right? Jerry has no idea how to run your team properly. All he cares about is selling your team to the media and the players. "Look! I spent fifty million on a corner! We're a Superbowl team now! Look! Romo had one good game! Let's give him a bigger contract! He's be best QB ever! Oh we lost? don't worry about it! We'll do better next week! We're a superbowl team because I said so, remember?"

That is ALL Jerry is. Hype the team and throw money at all the wrong places. That's ALL he knows how to do, and that's why as you will always be a .500 team as long as he is calling the shots instead of putting people who actually know football in charge. So go ahead and keep swallowing Jerry's crap about how great a job he's doing and how elite his team is. The rest of us will be over here in reality.

Edited by Jayrus
  • Downvote 1

I'll give you your overall point. Owners are in it for the money. That's why they are OWNERS because they don't know how to actually run a football team. They're businessmen. So they hire coaches and GMs to run the team and put out a winning product. BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT COACHES AND DON'T KNOW FOOTBALL!!

Not Jerry though. He doesn't need a GM. He obviously knows what's best for the Cowboys. That's why they've been perennially 8-8 since he took over right? Jerry has no idea how to run your team properly. All he cares about is selling your team to the media and the players. "Look! I spent fifty million on a corner! We're a Superbowl team now! Look! Romo had one good game! Let's give him a bigger contract! He's be best QB ever! Oh we lost? don't worry about it! We'll do better next week! We're a superbowl team because I said so, remember?"

That is ALL Jerry is. Hype the team and throw money at all the wrong places. That's ALL he knows how to do, and that's why as you will always be a .500 team as long as he is calling the shots instead of putting people who actually know football in charge. So go ahead and keep swallowing Jerry's crap about how great a job he's doing and how elite his team is. The rest of us will be over here in reality.

You obviously didn't read what BenGone said. He was on a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP COLLEGE TEAM then bought the Cowboys and won THREE SUPER BOWLS. How alone does that not make your entire ramble invalid?

Edited by rzb
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You obviously didn't read what BenGone said. He was on a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP COLLEGE TEAM then bought the Cowboys and won THREE SUPER BOWLS. How alone does that not make your entire ramble invalid?

Because being on a college team means you can run an NFL team right? I never said he doesn't love the team, but he has systematically forced out every good coach you've ever had. He's crushed anyone who might question his descision making, and the result is that you are now a shell of the team you formerly were. It was never Jerry who won you those Superbowls, it was the team and the coaches.

How can you look at what he's done and not see the obvious pattern of failure? Every year it's the same thing. We've added __________________ so now we're a Superbowl team again. You believe us right?

Not to mention your stadium. It's a joke. He pulled you out of a stadium that had history and pride to make you play in a circus tent devoted to HIS greatness. You have NO home game presence there. you might as well be playing 16 games on the road. THAT is the environment Jerry Jones has created for you. THAT is what he's done to the Dallas Cowboys. So go ahead and keep hanging on his every work. Keep believing he's what made your team great, but I promise you that you'll never see another superbowl again as long as he lives.

• Downvote 1

Jayrus is a bitter ex-Cowboy fan.

I'll break this down..

Because being on a college team means you can run an NFL team right? I never said he doesn't love the team, but he has systematically forced out every good coach you've ever had. He's crushed anyone who might question his descision making, and the result is that you are now a shell of the team you formerly were. It was never Jerry who won you those Superbowls, it was the team and the coaches.

Being a co-captain on a National Championship team means that you know football. You claimed that owners don't know football. When it comes to JJ, that's not true. It's not like other owners who have never stepped foot on a field before owning one (like a certain Microsoft co-founder). As for the coaching chances, Tom Landry was declining. That's what happens when coaches don't bring positive results, they get replaced. Holding that against Jerry is just outright stupid (although many Cowboy fans still do). And yes, while Jimmy Johnson left the team, Jerry was still the one who handpicked him as the head coach. People leave jobs due to disagreements with higher management. I'm actually in that boat right now. What about it? It happens. To bash him for being a part of all facets of his team then give him no credit for the Super Bowl championships shows that I'd have a more interesting discussion with a desk chair.

How can you look at what he's done and not see the obvious pattern of failure? Every year it's the same thing. We've added __________________ so now we're a Superbowl team again. You believe us right?

It's probably from the bright shine of THREE SUPER BOWL TROPHIES. If this "pattern of failure" is not winning a Super Bowl every year, I agree with you. I wish the trophy case could barely close its doors, but who doesn't? As for the "blah blah ___________ blah blah blah Super Bowl team," all teams do that garbage. Rex Grossman at Washington, Rex Ryan in New York, everybody. Plus he's an owner, why would he speak about what he invests his life into for anything less? Also, it seems your anger for him is more of the media coverage instead of the man himself.

Not to mention your stadium. It's a joke. He pulled you out of a stadium that had history and pride to make you play in a circus tent devoted to HIS greatness. You have NO home game presence there. you might as well be playing 16 games on the road. THAT is the environment Jerry Jones has created for you.

You're right. We should keep playing in the Cotton Bowl. No team should ever upgrade to a bigger venue. New York, you hear that? Indy? OH! YOU MEANT TEXAS STADIUM! You visited that place before they tore it down? It was a work of art, wasn't it? And the location, to die for, right? Wait, that place existed? We won games there? I can't remember the history of my team because that stadium was taken down to make room for more (much needed) interstate. I guess you understand since nothing before 2002 ever happened for the Seahawks.

The people of Dallas voted on the new stadium through accepting a tax increase. It wasn't all on Jerry. Fans wanted a new home for their team. It has the same roof (but better), just like Texas Stadium. It has a room dedicated to the Cotton Bowl. It also has Victoria's Secret now so you can dig your panties out of your ass and get a new pair. As for it being a joke, take a look in the mirror. Literally. Your team changed their jerseys to something the Oregon Ducks rejected.

THAT is what he's done to the Dallas Cowboys.

THAT is right. He's made the same chances as other owners but better. Yet again, it's got to be the media coverage of him that you hate the most. Or is it the three Super Bowl rings that he wears but didn't earn with his hardwork, dedication, and investments?

So go ahead and keep hanging on his every work. Keep believing he's what made your team great, but I promise you that you'll never see another superbowl again as long as he lives.

That's good to know but guess what, even if that's the case.. it's still more than Seattle.

• Downvote 1

I hate Jerry Jones and I think he sucks as a GM.

The point I was trying to make is the man does know football, he loves football, he loves the Cowboys, and he really does do the best he thinks is possible. To say, "Dallas will never win because Jerry is only in it for the money", or "Dallas will never win because Jerry doesn't know what he's doing" is ignorant. A more accurate statement is "Dallas won't win because Jerry sucks as a GM and can't ever get the right pieces together at the same time." I've questioned a lot of the moves he's made, but I still think he has always done the best possible job he could have done. Hindsight is 20/20, so I try not to judge him too harshly for things like the Roy Williams trade, or drafting Dez, etc. No one on this planet would have guessed Roy Williams would have gone to Dallas and sucked a big fat dick like he did.

I've studied every hiring, firing, coaching decision, draft, everything. He's made some bad moves and some good moves. He's not that bad and no worse than what 21 other teams have done since the last time Dallas won the Super Bowl.