Vin

Packers @ Colts

stupid NFL TV contracts, fox has to turn away from a five point game at the two minute warning? what the fuck?

We just aren't a good football team right now. There is nothing more or nothing less to say.

I shouldn't feel that the Colts have a good shot at winning this, and yet...

Woo feelings.

I almost benched Wayne in one of my leagues..I would have been so pissed..Great game for him..

I am wondering if it is time to part ways with Dom Capers? Offenses have caught on to him... I don't want to change schemes or anything, and I would like to promote within... But, the playcalling just isn't very good.

Although, to be fair, the offense is playing very very very poorly. I haven't seen us play this bad for this long since Aarons first season as a starter and we went 6 - 10 that year, IIRC.

I said it before, and I will say it again. With a team struggling as much as we are, we really couldn't afford to lose to bad football teams.

It's going to be a long season.

After cooling off and collecting my thoughts, I have to comment about this game. First off, I do agree about Capers and I stand by what I said after the loss to the Giants last season when you(F4E) and badgers ridiculed me for saying it. Next McCarthy can be a good coach at times but I cannot comprehend his playcalling at times. He seems so compelled to abandon what works oh so often. The Colts were going all out to get Rodgers so instead of doing quick routes or a screen, when we have 2 backs who excel in open space, he calls for these longer routes. Against the 49ers, moving Cobb around and getting him in open space worked great yet that has been abandoned now against worst defense. I was just sitting there completely confused by what McCarthy was doing.

I still believe in the team and think they could rebound if they regroup and got their heads out of their asses.

Seeing you guys turn on Capers is making me post this.

Our defense isn't the problem. Could it stop Luck and Wayne today? No, but it's hard to do that when our offense keeps giving them millions of chances.

What we've got here is a problem to evolve our offensive gameplan. Our offensive coaches (and fans, too) are so used to Rodgers lighting defenses up with ease we think that is still the answer to winning games. Well it is not. We need to balance our gameplan out more by running the ball more than passing. We have (well, had) a great running back who, while he didn't average more than 3.0 ypc, was consistently bullying his way into position for more first downs.

We need to take the ball out of Rodgers' hands.

Now before you all turn on me like I know you'll do, allow me to explain why.

Rodgers is NOT the player he was last year. Thinking he'd be that good again is stupid. He can't just laser balls into small windows for 25+ yards every time. He's still a top 5 talent, yes. But we can't rely on him to be that good anymore. We have to change our offense. Opponents know how to stop him, so it's time to adapt.

Notice how out of the 5(?) sacks on Rodgers today, at least 3 are attributed to him holding onto the ball for too long. One is debatable, and the other is definitely on our O-Line. He was overthrowing, underthrowing, and just plain missing wide open receivers for the 5th week in a row now. It's time to stop ignoring this problem. Don't force Rodgers to throw the ball every cotton-picking down. It's becoming the downfall of our offense. We have capable players who can move the ball and we aren't using them nearly enough.

It's time to give our team a chance. I am tired of watching our offense go out there, squander a drive, and punt it straight back to the other team, barely giving our defense a 5 minute breather. During the first half we were doing fine. We were doing great, actually, and you all can agree to that. 21-3, and Indy could hardly move the ball. Perfect. Then, we come back from halftime, and our offense flounders. Our defense can't get a break. They make a stop and they are back on the field before they can get their helmets off. Offense never really got back on track. During the second half they made one good drive in 15:00 (where the defense gave them the ball at around midfield).

Our offense has become so predictable my sister (age 14, not a every-day football game watcher) was calling out what we were going to do correctly.

It's a shame, really. We have the talent, we really do; on both sides of the ball. We need our offense to change things up now (McCarthy/Clements).

Part of it is the defenses fault. They gave up what.. 27 points in the 2nd half? That should never happen. Ever.

The offense does suck as well... We need to use Cedric Benson more, hopefully his injury is nothing too serious.

Reggie Wayne leads the league at 15.0 targets per game.

Wayne has racked up an insane 60 targets in the Colts' four games. At age 33, he's on pace to shatter his career-highs in catches (111) and yards (1,510). While his pace will certainly slow, Wayne will be the go-to wideout in a pass-first offense for a talented quarterback. We wouldn't be selling high here.

Source: ESPN.com

Great resiliency by the Colts to come back taking the lead with 35 secs left. Reggie Wayne was on a different planet the other night.