Sign in to follow this  
badgers

Benson out 8 weeks with Lisfranc injury

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Cedric Benson has been diagnosed with a Lisfranc foot injury and is out a minimum of eight weeks.

He could miss the season's remainder if doctors determine he needs surgery. Benson insisted after Sunday's game that his injury wasn't serious, but he was clearly overly optimistic. This is devastating news for Green Bay's ground game, and Benson can now be dropped in all fantasy leagues. Alex Green and James Starks will likely handle the load, but there isn't much upside to the two. Green Bay could scour the free agent market, but aside from Tim Hightower and Steve Slaton, there isn't much available. Lisfranc injuries have notoriously ended seasons, so we're not holding our breath for a return to action.

Oct 8 - 10:18 PM

21427195.jpg

Edited by badgers
  • Upvote 1

James Starks better be ready... that's all I have to say.

This blows.

So yeah...the Packers probably should have picked up Ryan Grant before Washington got a hold of him. They could have had him cheap.

I'd like to try out Slaton, tbh

Very disappointing...I feel bad for Benson since he seemed to be starting to fit in very nicely in our offense. I wish him the best and a speedy/successful recovery.

I'd like to see Alex Green get a fair shake at starting. If he doesn't work out, bring in a free agent.

I'd like to see Alex Green get a fair shake at starting. If he doesn't work out, bring in a free agent.

I don;t have faith in him to run the football consistently. I agree he should get a shot, but... we will see. I'd like to pound the ball with Starks, and get Green or Saine more involved the screen game.

I don;t have faith in him to run the football consistently. I agree he should get a shot, but... we will see. I'd like to pound the ball with Starks, and get Green or Saine more involved the screen game.

I have been very disappointed in the lack of screens called. The o-line is playing horrible, both Green and Cobb excel in open space with blockers in front yet McCarthy refuses to call screens.

I have been very disappointed in the lack of screens called. The o-line is playing horrible, both Green and Cobb excel in open space with blockers in front yet McCarthy refuses to call screens.

Ya, that's something I have been wondering. Why haven't we been using Cobb like we did in Week 1?!?!

Packers assigned RB Cedric Benson (foot) the "designated for return" tag on injured reserve.

Benson can't resume practicing for six weeks, and won't be eligible to return until Week 14. Coach Mike McCarthy is optimistic he'll play again this season, however, saying Benson is a "true pro," and that he can "see him being one of those guys who plays the last four weeks." McCarthy also confirmed the Packers will ride a "hot hand" approach in Benson's absence, with Alex Green getting the "first crack" at carries.

Oct 10 - 2:31 PM

Hopefully we make it to the playoffs cuz we'll definitely need him.

I am hoping that we can secure a playoff spot by the time he returns though it looks unlikely. That way we can use him sparingly until postseason and save his health for when it matters most.