Sign in to follow this  
Omerta

Is Troy Polamalu done ?

Serious question. The man has been an absolute stud, but as of late he cant stay healthy ( A common theme in Pitt...not sure why :wtf: ) and all these injuries will take their toll. And by done I do not mean is he going to be dog shit, but is his dominant days done.

I will not say he is just yet because of how great he once was and half of Troy P is better than most of the leagues safeties. However he has been injured a lot lately and I think that is going to drain on a lot of what he used to be able to do. So I think he could still be great but I think Troy's career could be coming to a close is the injuries keep piling up which is as stated a trend in Pitt.

So what are your thoughts here ? Is he or is he not ?

Ed Reed and Ray Lewis will tap out before TP does.

He's done because of a calf injury? Is it really that serious? I know it's held him out for the whole season but is it really a career ending injury?

I'd say yes because I don't think he'll be dominant again. I don't think he'll be dogshit though. Hopefully not though, cuz he was one of the players that was both the face of that defense and consistently made big-time plays both in regular season and playoff games.

Don't think I've seen him make a game changing INT or leap over the center at the snap in a year or two.

He's been losing a step in the past year or two thanks to the injuries and age. He won't be the great Polamalu we once knew but he'll still be serviceable.