ATL_Predator

Jags @ Packers

Blaine is so much better when MJD isn't around.

All in all though, I'm glad we showed up today. A lot of positives, even if we don't win.

Edited by Vin

Slightly better 2nd half... That first half nearly killed me.

Jags keep settling for FGs. We need to drive down and score some more!!!

What an ugly, ugly victory. One I will take. I could rant... but I will save that for later, when my head clears a little.

Like the fight Jags. My god can someone catch the ball though?

Blackmon can't. i think QB's had something like a 21 QB Rating when throwing his way.

I was very impressed with Gabbert today. He made some BIG time throws. Most of them weren't caught, or were caught out of bounds however. He also took some big time shots, but got right up and delivered through the pain.

His team just didn't help him today. No run game outside of one nice 20 yard scamper by Jennings... On their 2nd to last drive. The Jaguars targeted Blackmon 4 times. Each time it looked as if he was jogging through his routes. Unacceptable from the rookie. Especially on one of them which was a deep crossing route where he was wide open.

Jags OLine was also very impressive. Gabbert had a nice clean pocket and room to step up and throw literally all game. I don't know if they are nay good or if our D Line just sucks that much. Either way, nice job.

Also. Great job by the Jags D. LOTS of pressure, especially right up the middle, which is what flusters Rodgers most. Jags also covered plays well where the pocket broke down and Aaron scampers out to his left or right and has his wideouts come back to him for an easy pickup. They were all over that and wouldn't allow it to happen very often.

Run D was great, although... I would more blame that on Alex Green, who is not ready to carry the ball this much every week.

Great game by the Jags all around. They just failed to come up big in the biggest moments. I know that's not a compliment, but they are coming around nicely.

They will get there... Eventually. It is just going to take some time. In the meantime, much respect earned from me.

Pack wanted us to win, but decided to not take them up on their offer.

Still though, maybe things are finally starting to look up. Gabbert was pretty good for the second consecutive game (when his receivers wanted to actually catch the ball), and our defense is starting to look like the D from last year (we actually got pressure and sacks.

I still don't like how we are forcing Gabbert to do everything by abandoning the run, that's not helping our offense out at all, especially when the receivers don't want to cooperate.

But hopefully we can keep building on the little things and actually put together a complete game or two and get some more wins.

• Upvote 1

Justin Blackmon needs a lot of work. Dude looks lost, seems like he doesn't know what route to run and has some crappy work ethic. This is my impression of him after watching todays game.

Justin Blackmon needs a lot of work. Dude looks lost, seems like he doesn't know what route to run and has some crappy work ethic. This is my impression of him after watching todays game.

Ya, watching him in college... Work ethic would have been one of the last things I thought he would have a problem with. But man... It's rearing it's ugly head now.