housemd

NBA 2012 Regular Season Thread

And on that note LeBron is just getting absurd. Thursday's game should be a great one.

Lakers win but of course Houston and Utah win. Thanks a lot Warriors and Thunder for playing like shit.

So this article about Durant not taking half court shots to help his % is interesting. I don't think I've ever heard anyone admit that before, though I doubt he's the only one who thinks that way.

Best part though is the end of the article:

But Durant's teammate and fellow All-Star in Oklahoma City couldn't care less when it comes to worrying about shot selection affecting his shooting percentage.

"No. Nope," Russell Westbrook told the website. "If I was considering about statistics, I'd do a lot of (explicit) different."

Most Russell Westbrook statement ever.

Guest Phailadelphia

So this article about Durant not taking half court shots to help his % is interesting. I don't think I've ever heard anyone admit that before, though I doubt he's the only one who thinks that way.

Best part though is the end of the article:

Most Russell Westbrook statement ever.

Did you see Shane Battier's comments on half court shots? He all but admitted no player wants to take that shot because it lowers their percentages, which in turn affects their pay checks. I don't blame them. I wouldn't take the shot either.

I didnt but it doesn't surprise me. I wasn't surprised that players felt this way, just that Durant admitted it. Of course I don't think Durant really needs to worry about his paychecks.

Honestly, I think a lot of people in the NBA care more about stats and personal accomplishment then some think, especially when they haven't won a championship. They just aren't vocal about it.

Also, BK's touch around the rim is so bad... Pretty much was on display last night. >_>

He's also one of the least assisted bigs in the NBA, while being one of the least athletic among all forwards and centers. FUNDAMENTALS!!!!!

The key to longevity! Even though Tim was out, he looked damn impressive in the game vs the Spurs. Really hoping he can continue to develop. The NBA needs more quality big men.

The key to longevity! Even though Tim was out, he looked damn impressive in the game vs the Spurs. Really hoping he can continue to develop. The NBA needs more quality big men.

Yea that's the first thing I thought of.

The crazy thing is he's still a little rough around the basket. And he's so young he's got so much room to grow. I think he'd be even better if he spent some time learning from someone like Duncan.

I think he'd be even better if he spent some time learning from someone like Duncan.

How about you guys loan him to the Spurs for the remainder of just this year? ;)

A few nice dunks, but overall it was horrible to watch. Only think entertaining was the commentary.

A 1 vs 1 tournament would be so cool.

Man, that was some SHUT DOWN defense in the final minutes by Kobe on LBJ. Awesome to watch.

Edited by The Admiral
  • Upvote 1

The Josh Smith trade rumors are in high gear following the All-Star break. A trade with the Phoenix Suns or Dallas Mavericks is now possible according to a report from Monday (Feb. 18). It appears that those are the two teams trying to work with Atlanta Hawks general manager Danny Ferry to pry away his best asset.

Guest Phailadelphia

Brooklyn and Boston are after him too.

Goran Dragic with 10 assists in the 1st! That is what I want to see out of the the facilitator of our offense.

Guest Phailadelphia

More Josh Smith trade rumors: Knicks allegedly offering Amar'e Stoudemire + Iman Shumpert for Josh Smith + filler contract.

Yikes. Guess the Suns are out. haha

Watching these same garbage vets lose us games is getting so old. If we're gonna get torched... can we at least put out young guys in? I really hope Stuckey, CV, Maxiel and Bynum are gone at the end of the year. Cause this is just stupid.

Guest Phailadelphia

Suns are apparently in talks with OKC. Phoenix would send Gortat and Tucker to OKC in exchange for Perkins, Lamb, and a 1st-round pick. They're still a long ways off from completing a trade from the sound of it though.

Not a bad trade (anything to get rid of that Perkins contract) but lol at Lamb replacing Harden long term.

And Dmac, I see Kim English got some playing time and played pretty well. Do you think he's gonna start getting more minutes?

Edited by blotsfan

I like Lamb, I know the Suns like Lamb. Perkins can GTFO, but I wouldn't mind that deal.

The Kings have reportedly traded PF Thomas Robinson, G/F Francisco Garcia and F/C Tyler Honeycutt to the Rockets in exchange for Patrick Patterson, Toney Douglas and Cole Aldrich.

With Marcus Morris also leaving Houston in a trade to the Suns, the power forward job looks to be exclusively Robinson's for the rest of the season, making him a good player to pluck off your waiver wire. Patterson's value takes a hit, as he'll have to deal with Jason Thompson in Sacramento, while Douglas, Aldrich, Garcia and Honeycutt won't see a change in value, as they didn't really have any coming in. This also clears the way for Royce White to make an immediate impact once he's recalled from the D-League.

The Rockets have traded Marcus Morris to the Phoenix Suns in exchange for a second-round pick, according to Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski.

It didn't take long to figure where Morris was going and he'll get to team up with his brother Markieff. The Suns are under the cap, so there's a very good chance that they're not done making deals. Given the upside of Morris with his 1.4 triples per game and the fluidity of Phoenix's rotation right now, it's not a terrible idea to give Morris a look for owners looking to add some treys to their 3-point totals.

Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter