housemd

NBA 2012 Regular Season Thread

I know, man, but lolHouston for having lost twice to Dallas earlier in the year.

Well O.J. Mayo (the cheater) killed us.

Haven't really been watching much but my dad texted me "The Rockets are killing the Mavs!"

Edited by Bay

Well O.J. Mayo (the cheater) killed us.

Haven't really been watching much but my dad texted me "The Rockets are killing the Mavs!"

Yeah, they kinda lost me around that horrible losing streak. Haven't really watched a game since. I think I got tired of shitty streams. I just keep track of Parsons and Motiejunas now. I'm actually following Marcus in Phoenix, too. Patrick Beverly has really begun to shine, as well, whereas Greg Smith has completely fallen out of the rotation after a couple of stud performances early in the year surrounded by general solid play. It's too bad, because I like him, but DMo and Robinson are going to command minutes. Greg's going to backup Asik when he gets his time.

I still love you Josh Smith...but damn....

And to think, he is talking about retirement in a year or two. He could probably play for another 10.

Yeah, they kinda lost me around that horrible losing streak. Haven't really watched a game since. I think I got tired of shitty streams. I just keep track of Parsons and Motiejunas now. I'm actually following Marcus in Phoenix, too. Patrick Beverly has really begun to shine, as well, whereas Greg Smith has completely fallen out of the rotation after a couple of stud performances early in the year surrounded by general solid play. It's too bad, because I like him, but DMo and Robinson are going to command minutes. Greg's going to backup Asik when he gets his time.

Agreed on Marcus, but at least he's with his brother.

You and I can appreciate what Chandler's capable of.

Edited by Bay

Gritty win by the Lakers over the Hawks. Wasn't pretty and thought we were going to blow it in the end but I'll take it. Kobe did what Kobe does and people who say he always gets calls should really have watched that game and how many times he DIDN'T get calls.

Feels weird to say this....but I'm pumped we're back at the .500 mark (first time since January 1). Going to OKC on Tuesday which could spell disaster but I honestly think we should at least be competitive with them. The win over the Thunder last game really helped to turn our season around I think (12-5 since that game and including it).

As Kobe said in the post-game interview on his thoughts of the game on Tuesday..."Let's get it on."

You know it's been a rough season when Lakers fans are celebrating .500. :yao:

Managed to catch the Heat vs Knicks game last night at work and I am dissapointed in the Knicks, they had the chance to shut that game down from half time onwards but they were rushing too many shots. I like what they have going on there as Melo is on fire and Chandler and Felton are offering nice support for him. I have only caught 3 Knicks games this season but JR Smith even though he can hit the 3 ball consistantly attempts it way too much, Think I saw a few he missed with players in better position.

Managed to catch the Heat vs Knicks game last night at work and I am dissapointed in the Knicks, they had the chance to shut that game down from half time onwards but they were rushing too many shots. I like what they have going on there as Melo is on fire and Chandler and Felton are offering nice support for him. I have only caught 3 Knicks games this season but JR Smith even though he can hit the 3 ball consistantly attempts it way too much, Think I saw a few he missed with players in better position.

That's the Knicks gameplan, they live and die by terrible shots being chucked up by Melo and JR Smith.

Guest Phailadelphia

Over the last 14 games, Westbrook is playing arguably better than anyone not named Lebron. Per DailyThunder:

His performance over the last month and two games has been strikingly good. Not coincidentally, those 14 games are all after his tantrum against the Grizzlies. Westbrook’s numbers post-meltdown: 26.0 points, 6.5 assists, 4.0 rebounds, 51.9 percent shooting and 45 percent from 3.
  • Upvote 1

If Westbrook is shooting well, I don't know if anyone can stop the thunder. Including the Heat.

If Westbrook is shooting well, I don't know if anyone can stop the thunder. Including the Heat.

No.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Yeah if his shot is falling that offense is virtually unstoppable.

Yeah if his shot is falling that offense is virtually unstoppable.

OKC's offense isn't as good this year with James Harden not coming off the bench though! :yep:

7pjJF.gif

Edited by Julio4Ever

Guest Phailadelphia

OKC's offense isn't as good this year with James Harden not coming off the bench though! :yep:

OKC's offense is actually better this year.

I loved Harden but his skillset overlapped too much with KD and Westbrook. Martin is a much better fit even if he isn't as good of a player.

• Upvote 1

I normally don't care about the Magic losing this year, it is part of the necessary process for us. But tonight against the Heat just pissed me off, we played a great game and get robbed by one-siding officiating. How the fuck can THREE Magic players foul out but LeBron not get a single damn foul called on him? BS.

Lakers were down 102-88 and scored 20 unanswered to win the game against the Hornets. Ha. Kobe with 42 points, 12 assists, and 7 rebounds.

Also Jazz and Rockets lose. 2 GB of Houston for 7th and 1.5 GB of Utah for 8th. :megusta:

I told all my bandwagon Celtic Michigan fans that the Celtics would probably be better off without Rondo's overrated arse. Now I'm getting paid. >=D

Anyway, Damian Lillard is a baller.

I told all my bandwagon Celtic Michigan fans that the Celtics would probably be better off without Rondo's overrated arse. Now I'm getting paid. >=D

Anyway, Damian Lillard is a baller.

They're not better without him though.

It's pretty clear that Rondo was holding the Celtics back this season before he went down.

Maybe in the past you could make that claim, but this season? No.

PARSONS

It's pretty clear that Rondo was holding the Celtics back this season before he went down.

Maybe in the past you could make that claim, but this season? No.

If they lose in the first round of the playoffs will you still say he was holding the Celtics back?

Kobe Bryant is playing some SICK basketball right now. Drunk off that vino. :yep:

Go Knicks tonight. If they can beat the Jazz the Lakers will be tied for the 8 spot. :devious:

Edited by JetsFan4Life

From an article talking about the worst contracts in the NBA.

13. Michael Beasley: three years, $18 million

Much better. You don't need advanced stats to tell you that it sucks to have Michael Beasley on your basketball team. Heck, you don't even need normal stats. But this is funny: Phoenix gets outscored by 11.2 points per 100 possessions with Beasley and 2.8 points without him. In other words, they'd improve by 8.3 points per 100 possessions simply by taping him to a Gatorade bucket for three hours a night. Ladies and gentlemen, Michael Beasley!

Ya.