housemd

NBA 2012 Regular Season Thread

You are very welcome.

Suns bench raped the Rockets. I don't really know how.. or why. Especially when we have no center on the roster other than Hamed Haddadi. Kendall Marshall actually flashing a little potential might have helped as well. :think:

James Harden was the bomb, and offensively Delfino hit a bunch of big shots. But lots of turnovers. Tsk tsk.

You are very welcome.

Suns bench raped the Rockets. I don't really know how.. or why. Especially when we have no center on the roster other than Hamed Haddadi. Kendall Marshall actually flashing a little potential might have helped as well. :think:

James Harden was the bomb, and offensively Delfino hit a bunch of big shots. But lots of turnovers. Tsk tsk.

Actually it's thanks to the Knicks, we're tied with Utah not Houston.

But I'll take getting closer to Houston too. :D

If they lose in the first round of the playoffs will you still say he was holding the Celtics back?

Kobe Bryant is playing some SICK basketball right now. Drunk off that vino. :yep:

Go Knicks tonight. If they can beat the Jazz the Lakers will be tied for the 8 spot. :devious:

If they lose in the first round of the playoffs it'll be because they probably played a better team since they are like, 7th seed.

But seeing how they were a below .500 team before Rondo went down, they probably coulda missed the playoffs altogether...

If they lose in the first round of the playoffs it'll be because they probably played a better team since they are like, 7th seed.

But seeing how they were a below .500 team before Rondo went down, they probably coulda missed the playoffs altogether...

I mean right now they are tied for 6th (or were going into today) so if they're as good as you think they are they should have no problem getting 5 or 6.

You are very welcome.

Houston suffers under Kevin McHale. He's a practice coach, and assistant/specialty coach if there ever was one. He should resign and hand the reigns to Kelvin Sampson.

I really really really miss Marcus Morris. Such a versatile defender. They had him on Harden for periods of time lol.

Houston suffers under Kevin McHale. He's a practice coach, and assistant/specialty coach if there ever was one. He should resign and hand the reigns to Kelvin Sampson.

I really really really miss Marcus Morris. Such a versatile defender. They had him on Harden for periods of time lol.

Well, Harden nearly went for 40, so... Lol. Bench outplayed starters tonight, and the twins got the starting nod.

Still can't believe Hamed Haddadi was our savior. That... should never happen.

hamed-haddadi-sad-tweet.jpg

I mean right now they are tied for 6th (or were going into today) so if they're as good as you think they are they should have no problem getting 5 or 6.

Idk how high they should be seeded when its all said and done. I cant get a read on good they are because like most Eastern conference teams there's no consistency.

But I can tell you that however good they are right now, they wouldn't be with Rondo, especially with the way the offense is ran. And that the Celtics don't need him as much as some people think.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Idk how high they should be seeded when its all said and done. I cant get a read on good they are because like most Eastern conference teams there's no consistency.

But I can tell you that however good they are right now, they wouldn't be with Rondo, especially with the way the offense is ran. And that the Celtics don't need him as much as some people think.

Joel, do you see the Pistons making a run and just getting into the playoffs?

The East is pretty much set as far as playoff teams are concerned. The nearest team is like 8 games back of 8th place.

The Pistons had a chance to sneak in...then Andre got hurt :(

Milwaukee is playing really well lately, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them climb to maybe seed 6. They'd give NYK or Chicago a good run in a first round series.

I expect the Celtics to climb and climb. It's crazy how good their roster is even without Rondo, and they will surprise in the playoffs if they can get a 4 or 5 seed.

At the same time, Indiana is the only threat to Miami, and they need Granger to return to relevancy or they're not going to touch the Heat.

Welcome to the Thunderdome!!!!

Made me cry when it happened, that's a real dunk of the year.

But I got nothing but mad respect for Knight though, he's not afraid of taking on anyone, he's extremely good on defense, and sometimes it's almost like he's the only one who cares.

lolSixers, got beat by the Magic again last night. Has to suck for them to see Vucevic doing so well and Harkless really progressing.

Let us compare and contrast...

Notable stats for Nikola Vucevic

-3rd in the league in double doubles

-5th in the league in rebounds per game

-2nd in the league in total rebounds

-Most rebounds in a single game this season (29 on December 31st against Miami)

Notable stats for Andrew Bynum

-1st in the league in games missed (all of them)

-1st in the league in amount of retarded hair styles

:troll:

Welcome to the Thunderdome!!!!

That's nothing. Check this out:

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Guest Phailadelphia

I figured OKC would look pretty bad tonight with it being their 4th game in 5 nights, but not THIS bad. Jesus. No one but Westbrook is giving much effort.

Edit: Not even sure the team is putting much stock in the game. Sitting both KD and Russ together, which they rarely do, while being down 9. Now they're down almost 20. Safe to say Spurs bench >>>>> OKC's bench.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Massively long source link

Outside the window within the coach's office, we could see Brandon Knight still on the court inside the Detroit Pistons' basketball facility. These had been hard training camp practices, and yet Knight still hadn't gone home. The Pistons' coach, Lawrence Frank, nodded toward him and shook his head.

"He won't leave the gym," Frank told me on that September day. "We have to chase him out at night."

When Knight had plantar fasciitis in the offseason, Frank had to confiscate Knight's sneakers so he couldn't sneak into the gym and play against doctor's orders.

"This kid will get every ounce out of his ability," Frank promised.

As the Los Angeles Clippers crushed the Pistons on Sunday, Knight did something that surprised no one within the franchise: Between DeAndre Jordan catching a lob and dunking on Detroit, Knight leaped and tried to stop him.

For this, he's a punch line now. He's a joke. For everyone celebrating Jordan's fantastic lob dunk over a guard some 8 inches shorter and 80 pounds lighter, they've made Knight an object of ridicule. A widely followed parody account of comedian Kevin Hart tweeted that Jordan had been brought up on "charges of rape & aggravated assault against Brandon Knight," and tombstones declaring Knight dead were popping up on the Internet.

Brandon Knight was giving up some 8 inches and 80 pounds to DeAndre Jordan. (AP)The message is clear to players everywhere, on every level: Run away. Hide. Don't try to take the charge. Don't try to disrupt the play. There's no reward. This is how backward the basketball culture has become, how twisted the value system.

This time, it was Brandon Knight. A year ago, it was the Clippers' Blake Griffin dunking on Kendrick Perkins. As a center, Perkins is bigger, stronger, and that makes Griffin's dunk more impressive. They gave Perkins this treatment, too. Even now, he still comes back for more.

"If I was in the same position, in the same rotation, I'm going to jump again and again and again," Perkins told Yahoo! Sports' Marc Spears. "A lot of people are afraid of humiliation or don't know how to handle embarrassment or would even get embarrassed. I don't care.

"That's my job. How will my teammates look at me if next time I just back out of the way and just let him dunk when I'm supposed to be defensive-minded, a shot-blocker? That would be a coward move on me.

"He'd just have to dunk on me again."

Jordan made a spectacular play. No one will soon forget it. So congratulations and all. Jordan has a $43 million contract and yet still doesn't have one offensive move, an ability to score outside the paint. Yes, he can leap, dunk on little guys. And somehow that makes him an achiever in the sport now. After this, perhaps even a folk hero.

For Brandon Knight, who had the guts to stand in there, there were prominent people writing that he had been raped and assaulted and killed on Sunday night in Los Angeles. Eight inches shorter and 80 pounds lighter, Knight understood the right thing is seldom ever the most popular. Brandon Knight didn't run and hide, didn't spare himself the humiliation.

The culture of this sport has never been so backward, never so twisted. Hell of a dunk out of DeAndre Jordan, but maybe the wrong player gets the ovation.

Oh waah. He got posterized and people were having fun with it. Even LeBron has been dunked on.

Guest Phailadelphia

Oh waah. He got posterized and people were having fun with it. Even LeBron has been dunked on.

This. Everyone who gets dunked on like that is going to get clowned on for a while. Doesn't matter how small he is or how bad Deandre Jordan is.

Even Mutumbo got jammed on a few times.

Moderately impressed with the Spurs win over the Thunder considering Tony wasn't playing... but it was the Thunder's 4th game in 5 nights, and Westbrook was chucking like there was no tomorrow. 27 shots, lol.

Loving the Spurs defense - except for whatever the hell that was against the Trailblazers.

Utah has the hardest schedule coming up, I don't see them making the playoffs. I see the Lakers sneaking in and causing mayhem - both in the social world and on the court. OKC matches up with them really well though and would stomp them in a series.