housemd

NBA 2012 Regular Season Thread

99.9% of the people who ridicule Knight wouldn't of even tried to get in front of Jordan. People can talk all they want but I have more respect for him then ever before after that embarrassment.

Fact of the matter is that when you commit to defense, you are gonna get dunked on. Hell, I remember young Kobe putting his nuts all over Ben Wallace one time. It's not that big of a deal being dunked on unless if he was just standing there and wasn't playing any defense... It's just being exaggerated because that's what people do.

And then off course he goes down with an injury the following day. >_>

• Upvote 1

This. Everyone who gets dunked on like that is going to get clowned on for a while. Doesn't matter how small he is or how bad Deandre Jordan is.

Even Mutumbo got jammed on a few times.

What is everyone's opinion of DeAndre Jordan in here?

Also, all the "Markieff is better" talk by analysts looks pretty silly now.

Loss to Charlotte by 26 points really makes me sad.

Marcus :(

Tough loss in Atlanta. Should've been a foul at the end but that kind of stuff happens. You shouldn't be down two and in that situation in the first place in my opinion. I won't mind this loss if we can somehow go into Indiana and win on Friday (not that I see that happening).

Obviously I hope Kobe's injury isn't too serious but at the same time we have a lot of easy games after Indiana.

The good news is Utah also lost so we stay in eighth place. I can still see us getting to sixth at best although any of the top five teams in the West will obviously be very difficult to beat.

Also for discussion how do you guys rank the Top 5 teams in the Western Conference? For me right now it goes...

1) Oklahoma City

2) San Antonio

3) Memphis

4) Denver

5) Los Angeles Clippers

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Guest Phailadelphia

I like that list but with Denver at the 5. I'm not a believer in that team.

I like that list but with Denver at the 5. I'm not a believer in that team.

I was honestly closer to putting them at 3 then at 5. The Clippers to me are just so overrated. I honestly think if that's the 4/5 match-up Denver wins (regardless of who has home court).

• Upvote 1

I take Memphis more seriously than San Antonio, especially without Rudy Gay. They're just better without him.

I agree with Phail,I'd probably put Clippers at 4 and Denver at 5.

What about East? I know that Heat is unanimous #1,but the rest is interesting. Right now,imo,this is how it looks like:

1. Miami

2. Indiana

3. Brooklyn

4. Chicago

5. New York

Sarcastic thumbs-up should permanently replace the middle finger, IMO.

He's quietly emerging into the best defensive player in the NBA. Especially with Howard's struggles this season. That thumbs up stuff was hilarious.

Also, I think the Clippers are a legit contender this year. The Nuggets may not be legit, but they can extend series because they are so good at home.

Anyway, for the East:

Miami

Indiana

Knicks

Bulls

Nets

Celtics

With how poorly they've both played the last few days I am not feeling all that well in the slightest. :laugh: Let them both start, look like dog shit.

Yay bench players.

Nice comeback by the Rocks tonight, get off our dicks, Lakers.

Nice comeback by the Rocks tonight, get off our dicks, Lakers.

Lakers are coming so get ready Bay. That win against the Pacers was huge and I can honestly say the Lakers impressed me going to Indiana and winning (something few teams do). Of our next eight games only two are against playoff teams (Golden State and Milwaukee) and Gasol will be back in a matter of a time.

John Wall continues to be on a tear. The only thing holding this guy back offensively is that jumper. Block on Dragic was dirty.

Also, LMA decided to fuck around and fuck us over. >_>

601437_10151787153083508_1740332493_n.jpg

Damn...

While I think LeBron is better than Kobe today and will ultimately go down in history being regarded as the better player, those numbers are unfair considering how much less playing time Kobe got early on. He wasn't a starter until his 3rd year in the league and that was only a 50 game season because of a strike.

Even if they are unfair, there is no doubt that LeBron now is better than Kobe ever was.

• Upvote 1

The numbers never tell the entire story, for reasons that you said and more... but on the eye test, LeBron is better at 28 than Kobe was. No doubt, IMO...

Edit: God damn it, blots.

Edited by Sarge

I love what Lindsey Hunter is doing with Phoenix, but why he's completely benched Marcus Morris is beyond me :(.

Thank you LeBron for not making me look dumb tonight. That had to have been one of his best regular season games ever.