housemd

NBA 2012 Regular Season Thread

He rolled his ankle last night. He's currently Perk's backup since Aldrich was shipped off with Harden. He's been decent but I think OKC wants to see if they can't change his effort and work ethic...they wanted him bad coming out of the draft.

Aldrich has been playing really well for Houston. I will give McHale credit for how good he is with bigs.

pixallized Anthony Davis kinda looks like a taller (if that's even possible) Kevin Durant. Smooth as hell, and he's more skilled then I thought he was coming out.

Dude needs to lose the unibrow though for real.

I hate it, too, man. If I was paying that little fucker the kind of money a #1 pick gets, I'd tell him it goes. Now. Nobody I'm paying a salary for is going to look like shit by choice.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Holiday is a god damn turnover machine but other than that he's been awesome. I'd like to see Wayns get more minutes though so we don't have to constantly sit back and shoot jumpers. I really like what the Sixers have done here. They traded for Bynum who could end up being a bust but they're only committed to him this year and would have the cap flexibility go out and get somebody else.

I hate it, too, man. If I was paying that little fucker the kind of money a #1 pick gets, I'd tell him it goes. Now. Nobody I'm paying a salary for is going to look like shit by choice.

I say let him have it. Not like the brow is effecting how he plays. Also, it'd be unfair to him to shave it as it definitley is a big part of his image. It'd be like telling Troy Polamalu to get a haircut.

I say let him have it. Not like the brow is effecting how he plays. Also, it'd be unfair to him to shave it as it definitley is a big part of his image. It'd be like telling Troy Polamalu to get a haircut.

I don't look at it that way. There is literally no way in which a unibrow looks good. Long hair can look good. Troy pulls it off. But a unibrow, this little stream of hair that crosses the entirety of your face? Ick, man. It just doesn't look right.

I hope the poor kid can get his bottom teeth fixed now with all the money he's got, though. That shit looks like an accident, something that pushed the middle ones way back. That can't feel good in the mouth.

I think it's kinda cool. If never rock something like that but IMO it's a part of his identity and its special. If I had a special something that set me apart I wouldnt get rid of it. Especially when it makes him money too.

Kinda like Nerlens Noel's high top

Terrible. Just terrible. Our defense is the BIGGEST problem and we hire the worst defensive coach in the history of the NBA? Not to mention a guy who has never been to the Finals? Come on now.

If Jackson was an option and they honestly chose D'Antoni over Jackson that has to be one of the worst decisions in the history of the sports.

Guest Phailadelphia

Agree with JF4L for the most part. D'Antoni doesn't even have the necessary players for his system in LAL and he's not a great talent evaluator. This will be interesting, but I don't think it was the right move. And I'm totally OK with that if it means OKC has an easier time against them in the playoffs. The starting 5 would be scary good if they had the right coach.

Terrible. Just terrible. Our defense is the BIGGEST problem and we hire the worst defensive coach in the history of the NBA? Not to mention a guy who has never been to the Finals? Come on now.

If Jackson was an option and they honestly chose D'Antoni over Jackson that has to be one of the worst decisions in the history of the sports.

See I don't know. I don't think you can install the triangle without a training camp. Remember how much Artest struggled with it right away? D'Antoni brings in a fairly simple run-and-gun that caters to Steve Nash the instant he returns. It also caters to Dwight Howard who can now run the floor and get some easy buckets instead of having to try to score on a post move or an offensive rebound. This opens it up for the Laker bigs, I think, and though D'Antoni is terrible as a defensive coach, this could work out.

D'Antoni has average defenses and a pretty good one last year before he got fired. Dwight Howard will help a Lot on defense because he's Dwight Howard. I'd say Jackson would only be a good hire if he would actually give it his all

But considering he didn't want to coach a lot of road games, I doubt that's the case.

See I don't know. I don't think you can install the triangle without a training camp. Remember how much Artest struggled with it right away? D'Antoni brings in a fairly simple run-and-gun that caters to Steve Nash the instant he returns. It also caters to Dwight Howard who can now run the floor and get some easy buckets instead of having to try to score on a post move or an offensive rebound. This opens it up for the Laker bigs, I think, and though D'Antoni is terrible as a defensive coach, this could work out.

It was great for 2006 Steve Nash. Is it really that great for older and slower 2012 Steve Nash? I don't know. Kobe isn't a spring chicken anymore either. But like I said I'm more concerned with our defense which has been atrocious. It's only going to get worse now.

And I'm not really saying Jackson would've been the perfect hire, but I think it'd be much better than D'Antoni. 3/5 of the starters already know the triangle and they could players like Dwight and Nash and a lot of the bench with it I'm sure.

The offense worked well for 2011-12 Steve nash

The offense worked well for 2011-12 Steve nash

It did? I didn't see the Suns in the playoffs last year. Not to mention I'm not sure the system D'Antoni ran is the same one the Suns have been running the past year or two.

Why would they have fired him if they ran his exact same system? :shrug:

Edited by JetsFan4Life
  • Upvote 1

The hiring makes a lot of sense actually... Lakers already didn't play D under Mike Brown this season and they damn sure won't have to play it under D'Antonio. :D

But on a more serious note, I really don't think its that bad of a hiring, as long as Dwight Howard doesn't start shooting threes, getting an offense that gets Nash (and other PG) and Howard more involved is better for the whole team IMO. Its not a good fit for the rest Lakers roster though, unless if changes are made to either the roster or his philosophy.

And defensively I think the Lakers just need to keep gelling, there's no way that a team with Howard starting at center are gonna be a horrible defense all season.

Look at the players on last years Phoenix team and it's pretty obvious that they outperformed their taken by a ton.

Also after they got rid of D'Antoni they went to a more defensive minded system and failed miserabley. After like half a season they went back to the run and gun.

Jason Maxiell is a boss.

Edited by Favre4Ever

-Thunder's defense was anemic until the 4th quarter. I love the way this team turns it on to close out games

-I like Drummond

-It's sad how empty the crowd in Detroit is and it's hilarious that they play music a lot of the time to compensate for the lack of crowd noise

-Westbrook pisses me off with his shot selection a lot of the time, but these are the performances I look back on to settle myself back down

-The Piston's in-arena announcer is an annoying-ass motherfucker.

LeBron is amazing.

That is all.