Franchise 5

Raiders RB's Darren McFadden & Mike Goodson Injured vs. Bucs

Mike Goodson is done for the day with an ankle injury.

Goodson, who entered the week on the injury report with turf toe, appeared to turn his ankle on a third-quarter run and will not return. Darren McFadden exited earlier with a leg injury and is also done for the day. Marcel Reece is operating as Oakland's primary back now, although that may be primarily due to his pass-protection skills in heavy comeback mode. Taiwan Jones, who doesn't have a carry this year, is listed third on the tailback depth chart.

Rotoworld

Marcel Reece is so diverse that he can play running back. Hell, he had a receiving touchdown split out wide.

He IS still listed a full back, correct?

^Pretty sure. As for DMC... only a matter of time.

Reece was a WR in college I believe. He is a weapon at FB that is for sure, he is fast and can catch.

Yeah Reece was a beast WR at University of Washington right down the road from me.

What a shame. McFadden is usually the epitome of reliability. This guy never gets hurt... :shifty:

Might sound stupid but I would have rather DMC played all game. I like our run defense to play against top RBs and show how good they are. Plus, Palmer wouldn't have thrown as much which I think would have benefited us. Either way, we found a way to win.

Hope he doesn't miss much time. He's one of the RBs I like watching.

Might sound stupid but I would have rather DMC played all game. I like our run defense to play against top RBs and show how good they are. Plus, Palmer wouldn't have thrown as much which I think would have benefited us. Either way, we found a way to win.

Hope he doesn't miss much time. He's one of the RBs I like watching.

McFadden is agreat back, and he's even shown his ability to get out of trouble on field this year. The Raiders have some what of a "Chris Johnson" effect happening though. More often than not, McFadden is met behind the LOS before he can even get going.

X-Rays returned negative, they think he should play this coming week. Despite the talk of him being a pussy by a lot of people around the media and other message boards, DMC is actually one of the tougher backs in the league. However, I think the injury prone label is easy to give him.

Edited by Chris D

Darren McFadden and Mike Goodson have both been diagnosed with high-ankle sprains.

That will leave a hole in your backfield. Players usually miss a minimum of two weeks with high-ankle sprains, but they can often linger for more than a month. Considering both McFadden and Goodson's injury histories, we wouldn't count on a quick return for either player. The Raiders' running game is now in the hands of FB Marcel Reece and pint-sized burner Taiwan Jones. A major asset in the passing game, Reece should at minimum be a strong flex play for Week 10. Jones will be a high-risk, low-reward fantasy option.

Paul Gutierrez on Twitter