Can't believe there's not a thread about this game yet unless I missed it...

Any of you guys own it? I plan on buying it tonight but in the mean time went over my buddy's house and played it for a couple hours yesterday.

I like the feel of the gameplay. It's better than Reach (which isn't that hard to accomplish in the first place). Grenades aren't as OP which is good. Some new guns introduced that are pretty cool, but some are OP. If you have the Incinerator gun, just aim and shoot. Prometheus vision is a nice feature to exploit camping tactics. Reticule bloom has been decreased dramatically which is also a good thing. Scoring system is revamped - although I hear in January they are implementing the Halo 3 ranking system. I like the scoring change. I usually have trouble finishing off an opponent anyway so getting rewards for assists, distractions, etc, is all good in my book. Gonna have to get used to it a bit, though.

There's a lot of new features/changes in this game that draws comparisons to Call of Duty. Hell, it's so similar you could even say they stole some stuff. Classes, Ordinance bonus (think that's what it's called), Sprinting, there's a couple others I'm forgetting but you get the point. Don't care for the matchmaking system but I could get used to it, particularly when you're in a party and all you see is a blank screen if you're not leader. I like that once you vote for a map you can't change your vote - in Reach, people would flip flop all the time. Nothing big, but a small change I commend.

That's about all I have to say about it until I own it and give it more time. Anybody on Xbox Live that owns it? I'm personally not very good but I usually play with my friend who has won money from tournaments in past Halos so it evens out.

Absolutely and 100% love this game. My son and I spent most of the day playing it and will start up again when he gets home from school. He's staying home from school on Friday and we'll play it until we beat it. Then we'll start the campaign all over again on Heroic level. Our tradition is to beat the campaign on each difficulty level except Easy.

Once we beat the campaign the first time, we allow ourselves the ability to do match making.

We've had this tradition since Halo CE was released and my little man was 6 years old. Here we are last night playing in our game room:

LYgk5.jpg

Best dad ever. My parents would never let me stay home from school to play video games.

I plan on getting the game, not exactly sure when though. I have a 360 and a PS3, but have been mostly playing PS3 for the past 2 years. I dont have live for XBox right now, and am going to try to get free live until Christmas rolls around.

The dog in the above pic is my Golden Retriever named Chewbacca or Chewie for short. My youngest son likes to say everyone's full name so he calls the dog "Chewie Bacca OurLastName" it's awesome!

The dog in the above pic is my Golden Retriever named Chewbacca or Chewie for short. My youngest son likes to say everyone's full name so he calls the dog "Chewie Bacca OurLastName" it's awesome!

I hear the OurLastNames are a fine people with a rich culture and intriguing background.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Bay loves him some dog pics. :D

• Upvote 1

Haha. What a great tradition Natas!

I usually hold off on competitive multiplayer until I beat the campaign at least once, but I couldn't do it this time.

I gave in and let me tell you... The gameplay is just sooooo much smoother than I remember on either Reach or ODST. The story seems great, which is what I was somewhat worried about, and even though I am not all that far... I really can't wait to keep going.

This is what I have been waiting for. And the years I have waited since Halo 3 have been worth it.

• Upvote 1

Haha. What a great tradition Natas!

I usually hold off on competitive multiplayer until I beat the campaign at least once, but I couldn't do it this time.

I gave in and let me tell you... The gameplay is just sooooo much smoother than I remember on either Reach or ODST. The story seems great, which is what I was somewhat worried about, and even though I am not all that far... I really can't wait to keep going.

This is what I have been waiting for. And the years I have waited since Halo 3 have been worth it.

Yeah, it's a cool tradition to have with your son. Some guys fish or hunt - we game. We workout together as well, but with his build its going to tak e some doing I really like the game play on the Campaign (Sad story) and multiplayer. Good shit.

What's everyones favorite weapon so far?

I really dig the saw, the BR and the sniper.

What's everyones favorite weapon so far?

I really dig the saw, the BR and the sniper.

People are saying the DMR is a tad better than the BR, but personally I've had more success with the BR. They should both be 4 shot kills though, not 5. Lame.

As I stated in my original post, the Incinerator is awesome but OP.

People are saying the DMR is a tad better than the BR, but personally I've had more success with the BR. They should both be 4 shot kills though, not 5. Lame.

As I stated in my original post, the Incinerator is awesome but OP.

I love the DMR, I forgot about that. It seems more powerful, but has shorter bursts.

I love the DMR, I forgot about that. It seems more powerful, but has shorter bursts.

Makes sense why I prefer the BR then since I shoot faster. :biggrin:

Have you and your son gone onto multiplayer yet?

Makes sense why I prefer the BR then since I shoot faster. :biggrin:

Have you and your son gone onto multiplayer yet?

Yeah, we beat the campaign and playing some MP today. Love the new options with MP and the scoring system. They made some huge strides to improve the experience.

Nothing can get me off the BR. It's my go to forever and always. :D

I do love using the SAW and Railgun though.

What gametype do you typically play? I haven't strayed far from the basic 4v4 infinity slayer, but want to ry my hand at some of the bigger teams and maps.

Played my first Regicide game type.... Which is a 6 player free for all. Player with the most points is "king" and they get marked on the map, so pretty much everyone is after you. Got in there after it started, but it was still early. Score goes to 300 and player #1 already had 40 points.. Then I worked my magic.

Picked up a sniper rifle, headed for high ground, and took out the king 3 or 4 consecutive times for max bonus. Wasn't long before I became king, and I had to retreat... Found a nice little spot and ended up going on a King Frenzy. Ended up with 5+ minutes as the king while second closest was at about 1:30, finished with 22 kills and 5 deaths.

Doesn't hurt that one of the guys I killed dropped his shotgun, lmao.

Gonna get some screenshots up shortly!

Played my first Regicide game type.... Which is a 6 player free for all. Player with the most points is "king" and they get marked on the map, so pretty much everyone is after you. Got in there after it started, but it was still early. Score goes to 300 and player #1 already had 40 points.. Then I worked my magic.

Picked up a sniper rifle, headed for high ground, and took out the king 3 or 4 consecutive times for max bonus. Wasn't long before I became king, and I had to retreat... Found a nice little spot and ended up going on a King Frenzy. Ended up with 5+ minutes as the king while second closest was at about 1:30, finished with 22 kills and 5 deaths.

Doesn't hurt that one of the guys I killed dropped his shotgun, lmao.

Gonna get some screenshots up shortly!

camping-kitty-meme-generator-fucking-camper-c50097.jpg?1342654442.jpg

Looks like screenshots will have to wait. 343 doesn't have the online fileshares available yet.. They say maybe next month. Grrrr. One of my favorite features not available on launch.

How many people do you usually have?

I am going to purchase this game and dominate you FFE.

Even if I play with 400ms delay coz you're American.

This game is such a grenade fest :(. I'm loving the battle rifle though, always been an assault rifle fan.

You need to play with Mav and I ^ ^ ^

How many people do you usually have?

Sorry JD I wasn't on last night but I'll definitely be on tonight.

I really only play with my two friends, but sometimes they'll have people join too.

I don't like big parties. And like I said, my one friend is really good and I'm not so it evens out haha.