Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Ed Reed suspended 1 game for hits

Safety Ed Reed of the Baltimore Ravens has been suspended without pay for one game for repeated violations of the rule prohibiting hits to the head and neck area of defenseless players.

Read more here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000097768/article/baltimore-ravens-ed-reed-suspended-one-game-for-hits

Wow.

WOW! This really means they are trying to crack down. Sucks though cause this is likely the one that is sending the message. Ed Reed is one of the biggest names in the league, especially in the defensive secondary.

Joe Mays already got suspended though for one game. So it's not like it hasn't been done before. Although, obviously... People are going to notice when Ed Reed gets suspended for big hits. Joe Mays? Probably not as much.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Oh how cruel you are goodell. Making me choose who is right and wrong out of two people I cannot stand. I however have figured out your scholastically stunted ploys for revenge against me. My answer: I am Switzerland, I shall remain neutral and shall show neither of you support. Yes although expedient and efficient my decision making was to be true, it is delectably ingenious and have thwarted both of your evil plots with the utmost degree of certainty.

Go Fuck yourself. I will leave it to you to to duel it out on which I was referring to.

how positively maniacal, cheery oh you bloody wankers.

:goodell:

Goodell didn't hand down the punishment I don't believe.

Joe Mays already got suspended though for one game. So it's not like it hasn't been done before. Although, obviously... People are going to notice when Ed Reed gets suspended for big hits. Joe Mays? Probably not as much.

Sean sad.

Guest Phailadelphia

$283k in fines for hits on the QB/hits to the head last week. Methinks the NFL is trying to send a message.

Goodell didn't hand down the punishment I don't believe.

Really? You think he has no part in this ? I mean this is the guy who fines people for wearing team color shoes for christ sake. Just waiting for his expiration date.

And I will neg myself to save you the trouble NaTas. :biggrin: Wait I cant, so will you do the honors ?

Edited by Ngata_Chance
  • Upvote 1

Message sent? Probably not.

The NFL announced Tuesday that Ed Reed's one-game suspension has been overturned and replaced by a $50,000 fine.

Ted Cottrell, formerly an NFL defensive coordinator with four different clubs, oversaw the appeals process. Reed was originally suspended one game (including a loss of $424,000) for his third violation in three seasons of the rule prohibiting helmet-to-helmet hits against defenseless players. Reed actually turned his head before contact in an effort to avoid helmet-to-helmet contact with Emmanuel Sanders on the most recent play in question.