Vin

Falcons @ Bucs

The more I've thought about this game. The more I've realized something.

First, I was rather displeased with our performance as a whole once again...but then I thought to myself.

1) We shut down Doug Martin

2) Our defense was getting constant pressure on Freeman, mainly Biermann

3) Jason Snelling and Jacquizz Rodgers touches increased, and finally Turner's carries were decreased.

4) We beat a surging divisional opponent at THEIR place.

Think about what would've happened if the Bucs came out with a victory today...madness. I am slightly confused by Mike Smith's decision making to go for the FG instead of punting in the last minute...but it's ok.

Our team has the last major obstacle of the regular season this Thursday Night. You can look at records all you want, but this game to me is blood. I hate the Saints, and I don't care how we do it, but there's nothing more I want for this regular season to end the Saints playoff hopes this Thursday night.

Now that the Saints have been brought back down to earth, I think Atlanta will knock them out of playoff contention this Thursday. This is an opportunity to hand a division rival their seventh loss. I'm hoping to see Atlanta end this game, and end it early.

That, and there's few things in football as wonderful as seeing the Saints struggle.

The more I've thought about this game. The more I've realized something.

First, I was rather displeased with our performance as a whole once again...but then I thought to myself.

1) We shut down Doug Martin

2) Our defense was getting constant pressure on Freeman, mainly Biermann

3) Jason Snelling and Jacquizz Rodgers touches increased, and finally Turner's carries were decreased.

4) We beat a surging divisional opponent at THEIR place.

Think about what would've happened if the Bucs came out with a victory today...madness. I am slightly confused by Mike Smith's decision making to go for the FG instead of punting in the last minute...but it's ok.

Our team has the last major obstacle of the regular season this Thursday Night. You can look at records all you want, but this game to me is blood. I hate the Saints, and I don't care how we do it, but there's nothing more I want for this regular season to end the Saints playoff hopes this Thursday night.

Eh, I wouldn't say constant pressure on Freeman. There were a good amount of times where he had a lot of time to throw.

I agree on the other points though. The Falcons had a tough task coming into Tampa to knock off a hot divisional team and they did it.

Oh, and please beat the Saints on Thursday Night.

I saw a lot of pressure on Freeman on third downs I should say...you guys did well in shutting down Abraham. Thankfully, getting rid of Ray Edwards has given Bierrman the chance finally to do some big things.

Also.

Who the fuck had the idea of putting all these divisional games consecutive weeks?

We had Tampa today, the Saints next week, and the Panthers the following week and play you guys the last week of the season.

I mean, it's kinda cool we have an alternating home/away schedule...but it'd be nice if the divisional games were a little spread out lol.

Our remaining schedule is:

:Saints:

:panthers:

:Giants:

:Lions:

:Bucs:

We have very little talent on D right now. I mean we had freakin' Danny Gorrer covering Roddy White throughout the game lol. Hopefully Anthony Gaitor can get back, he looked decent in preseason. Our D-line is pretty poor too, they play disciplined against the run, but not enough consistent pressure. Lavonte David and Mason Foster are beasts though. It was frustrating to watch our D out there today, but I think we're making the best out of what we had. They couldn't really get stops, but they got two huge turnovers that set the offense up in good field position but we settled for FGs both times. Plenty of blame to go around, but we still nearly beat a 9-1 team despite obvious lack of talent at key positions. Schiano and his staff has this team prepared and motivated to play every week, and we have some playmakers on offense for a change.

Another game we should have won. Sigh...I'm really getting tired of hearing "well every game they've lost has been by 3 points or less" yeah thats great and all but the elite teams find ways to win those close games.

A couple of critical mistakes come to mind but one of the biggest ones IMO was Underwood's dropped pass on a drive where he would have gotten a 1st down and we instead go for 3.

Another game we should have won. Sigh...I'm really getting tired of hearing "well every game they've lost has been by 3 points or less" yeah thats great and all but the elite teams find ways to win those close games.

A couple of critical mistakes come to mind but one of the biggest ones IMO was Underwood's dropped pass on a drive where he would have gotten a 1st down and we instead go for 3.

I don't know man, missing a wide open Mike Williams on his way to the end zone was pretty bad.

I'm just hoping Asante Samuel and Dunta Robinson aren't hurt too badly. Samuels shoulder is pretty concerning. Hopefully he doesn't play against the Saints.

I don't know man, missing a wide open Mike Williams on his way to the end zone was pretty bad.

I'm just hoping Asante Samuel and Dunta Robinson aren't hurt too badly. Samuels shoulder is pretty concerning. Hopefully he doesn't play against the Saints.

Like I said, there were a couple. On that same drive you mentioned he also missed V-Jax for what could have been a TD or at least inside the 5.

Really missed Eric Wright out there. Our secondary was already but Jesus, playing with 3rd and 4th string guys against one of the leagues BEST tandems. :nope: