housemd

Update: Big Ben will start on Sunday

According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Steelers expect Ben Roethlisberger (ribs, shoulder) to start Sunday's game against the Chargers.

"Ben is our quarterback," said coach Mike Tomlin, "and if he's capable of playing, we'll play him." Roethlisberger will practice on Wednesday. At that point, the Steelers are expecting to see enough improvement in arm strength and range of motion to get him back under center. Even if Big Ben is operating at less than 100 percent against the Chargers, he will still represent a massive upgrade for the entire Steelers' offense. We've seen him excel while playing through pain many times before.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ben is the big difference maker, changes 4 potential losses to 4 likely victories, they really need him for this stretch.

It's official. Ben is starting.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said earlier this week that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger would have an opportunity to prove he's healthy enough to start. Well, Tomlin was convinced after two practices.

Tomlin told the Steelers' official website Thursday that Roethlisberger will start Sunday against the Chargers.

"He has been above the line in all areas," Tomlin said following Thursday's practice. "Really, the only question we can't answer is taking a hit. Obviously that will be answered in the stadium on Sunday.

"I am extremely comfortable with his ability to work the field both vertically and horizontally. He has great velocity on his ball. We're ready to go."

I would sit him. Batch played well last week and that defense is going to eat Rivers alive. I make sure I am POSITIVE he is fine before I try ot hit the playoffs.

I think Pittsburgh would win with Brian Hoyer starting :shifty: that defense is just too good.

I'd sit him for one more week to be safe IMO. The Chargers struggle in Pittsburgh as it is.

^ I disagree. While Batch was decent last week, he was also god awful the week before. We can't count on him when we still have a shot at the division.

^ I disagree. While Batch was decent last week, he was also god awful the week before. We can't count on him when we still have a shot at the division.

Yeah, I was thinking about that some more, and came to the same conclusion you did. I'd play Ben for at least a half, and if the Steelers are up by at least 14 points, sit him out for the rest of the game. If not, keep him in.