Sign in to follow this  
Piggly Wiggly

Dolphins have sore vaginas over Pats running same play over and over

When two kids are playing Madden and one of them keeps using the same play (and it keeps working), the other kid eventually gets upset.

The Dolphins can relate to said upset kid.

Last Sunday, the Pats killed the clock in the fourth quarter with a 16-play drive that included 13 running plays. Six of the running plays came through the same hole. And the Dolphins don’t like that.

“It really [ticked] me off,” defensive tackle Tony McDaniel said, via Brian Briggane of the Palm Beach Post. “It was disrespectful to us to run the same play over and over and be successful.

“Normally when somebody’s driving down the field you just think, ‘Well, they just had a good run there,’ but you run the same play over and over, as a competitor that [ticks] me off.”

Teammate Randy Starks was also upset, but he was more pragmatic.

“It is disrespectful, but you’ve got to stop it,” Starks said. “We never stopped it, so I’d keep running the same play, too.”

So would anyone with a functioning brain.

In three weeks and two days, the Dolphins get another chance to not stop the same play, over and over again, when they face the Pats in Foxboro. Maybe Miami will think it’s less disrespectful if the Patriots actually tell them that they’re running the same play again.

Of course, even then the Dolphins may not be able to stop it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/07/dolphins-see-disrespect-in-pats-running-same-play-over-and-over/

hey-i-think-they-mad.jpg

This type of crying is just absurd. You can't stop the play, so you're going to call the opponent disrepectful for running it a handful of times on the same drive? :yao:

That was probably one of the Pats' best drives of the season, too, in terms of putting the game away. Cry more, Fins.

• Upvote 1

Tony McDaniel =/= The Dolphins.

Randy Starks was of the opinion that the defense should have stopped it and agreed with what the Patriots did, so of what's been made public, the Dolphins are 1-1 on the subject.

Tony McDaniel is a dipshit.

Tony McDaniel's quote sounds like it came straight from an Onion sports page lol.

On the other hand, things like this are why everybody hates the Patriots.

On the other hand, things like this are why everybody hates the Patriots.

I've never heard outcry over something like this. Maybe ''running up the score'', but not running the same play multiple times to put the game on ice.

Yea, there's no reason for McDaniel to be whining like he is. If my team is running a play that is constantly working, I would actually be pissed if my OC stopped running it. If they can't stop it, why would an offense stop running it, especially when the game isn't over?

I don't understand how it was disrespectful.. Heck, running the same play over and over should help the Phins, shouldn't it?!

>> "Hey guys, I think they might be runnin right here"

You know you are whipping an opponent when you run the same play over and over and they still can't stop it.

• Upvote 1

Tony McDaniel's quote sounds like it came straight from an Onion sports page lol.

I thought Phil was posting an article from The Onion initially.

Why would anyone complain about this? If your playing Defense and can't see the Offense running the same play over and over, why are you playing football.

Its not disrespectful at all.

• Upvote 1

The comments made by McDaniels & Starks are both hilarious and dumb. It's funny that these guys are annoyed over their inability to stop a play that is run several times in a row, and it's dumb that they're going to call out the Patriots rather than accept responsibility for looking like fools. You have to stop a play for a team to stop using it.

The comments made by McDaniels & Starks are both hilarious and dumb. It's funny that these guys are annoyed over their inability to stop a play that is run several times in a row, and it's dumb that they're going to call out the Patriots rather than accept responsibility for looking like fools. You have to stop a play for a team to stop using it.

Did you not read the article? Starks didn't admonish them for using the play, he said he'd have done it himself. He put the blame on the defense that he's a part of and said it annoyed them all that they couldn't stop it.