Sign in to follow this  
Barracuda

Early Draft Watchlist

This is a very weak QB class, most of these guys will be going well before they should. Sorta like Ponder, Locker did.

I'm looking at some DBs. Mostly Corners. 9ers really just need to draft for the future now, we have a solid team in place and really no major holes.

Matt Elam, S, Florida - If we can't retain Goldson

Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State - Depending on his cone drill. If he does bad, I take him off my list because he will be a safety then.

Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State - Round 2

Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia - BPA?

Barrett Jones, G/C/OT, Alabama - OL Depth, can play every position on OL.

Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame - Again could be BPA at that point and Walker may be gone this offseason

We desperately need a big bodied WR.... Well actually more like three...

Some guys I am looking out for are:

Keenan Allen

Cordarrelle Patterson

DeAndre Hopkins

Terrance Williams

Justin Hunter

Da'Rick Rogers

Thank you! Finally another Vikings fan that agrees we need a big receiver to take some of the workload off of Harvin (who I personally believe would thrive more in the slot, but that's just opinion).

EDIT:

I also think we could use another DT, since Kevin Williams is getting old. :shrug:

Edited by Vikingfan465

Thank you! Finally another Vikings fan that agrees we need a big receiver to take some of the workload off of Harvin (who I personally believe would thrive more in the slot, but that's just opinion).

EDIT:

I also think we could use another DT, since Kevin Williams is getting old. :shrug:

I completely agree about DT. Fortunately this years draft is pretty deep at DT and we could land a solid one in rounds 2-4.

I completely agree about DT. Fortunately this years draft is pretty deep at DT and we could land a solid one in rounds 2-4.

Yeah... I'm thinking that we should make getting a big receiver our top priority. I think Ponder could grow as a QB if he had more consistent targets to throw to. :shrug:

Been keeping up with the East/West Shrine practice this week and they got a physical monster from SC.

6-7, 275 lbs, 35" arms and 86" wingspan? Where they do that at...

I'm starting to think the Eagles might go with a quarterback at 4th overall. Makes me nervous. :(

Some guys I am looking out for are:

Keenan Allen

Cordarrelle Patterson

DeAndre Hopkins

Terrance Williams

Justin Hunter

Da'Rick Rogers

Stedman Bailey isn't big in size, but he plays big. He'd be a good look for someone in the 3rd round.

Other WRs I really like who haven't been talked about a lot:

Markus Wheaton, Oregon St.

Quinton Patton, La. Tech

Not a big Justin Hunter fan (Robert Woods either.) I like Allen, Hopkins and Patterson a lot. Williams is decent.

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

Well Teo has officially fallen quite far on my list. Wouldn't mind taking him 4th round or beyond.

However Dion Jordan is still a top my list. He could put on some pounds and build up his strength, I think he'd be a good fit for us.

I'm not impressed with the Bucs' options at #13. People keep mocking us Johnthan Banks, but the dude doesn't impress me. Not a prospect worth taking that high. I like Xavier Rhodes better.

Honestly, I hope the Bucs just trade down but I'm not expecting much from this draft. I'm so underwhelmed outsie of a few guys.

Even though both tore their ACL, I think Tank Carradine out of FSU, and Quanterus Smith out of Western Kentucky are gonna be big time steals in this draft. Tank is the best DE out of FSU IMO, better than Werner, and Jenkins. I'd rank them in that order. Jenkins is just a speed guy, and nothing else. Could be a bust in the pros. I like Werner, but he scares me. Takes too many plays off when it's not to his side. Not active enough against the run, and poor use of his hands. Obviously he's raw due to not playing football for long. So that may be why, but as it stands, I like Tank better.

Even though both tore their ACL, I think Tank Carradine out of FSU, and Quanterus Smith out of Western Kentucky are gonna be big time steals in this draft. Tank is the best DE out of FSU IMO, better than Werner, and Jenkins. I'd rank them in that order. Jenkins is just a speed guy, and nothing else. Could be a bust in the pros. I like Werner, but he scares me. Takes too many plays off when it's not to his side. Not active enough against the run, and poor use of his hands. Obviously he's raw due to not playing football for long. So that may be why, but as it stands, I like Tank better.

Wouldn't mind Carradine mid late seconds. Especially if you can trade down and get him.