Sign in to follow this  
Barracuda

Early Draft Watchlist

I know it's early and most of us are focused on the present. Though, there's a handful of us out here who aren't quite looking at that yet. Maybe next year. :p

Anyways, if you're even looking yet who's on your watch list this year.

For the Browns I really want an all around LB who can really rush the passer.

The guys I see for us early on are Dion Jordan and Teo. Although Teo really isn't a pass rusher I feel he could have a huge impact on the defensive side.

We need a CB first and foremost. Even with a good pass rush today, we still let Nick Foles throw all over us. We better draft a CB in the 1st round and either draft another one later or sign one through FA like Derek Cox. Our CB's right now are garbage. On defense, we also need help at safety and we could use a true pass rusher.

On offense, we need to find a receiver in the draft who can play the slot role and get open. We have 2 great receivers in Williams and V-Jax, but after that we're shakey. Underwood isn't bad, but he's dropped some pretty big passes this year and doesn't consistently get open. We could also use a good receiving TE. Clark is getting old and Luke Stocker is straight garbage. We need some depth along the o-line too.

WR, LDE, S, possibly a QB to develop behind Brady if we feel Mallet isn't the solution.

WRs -

Terrence Williams - Baylor

Keenan Allen - Cal

Robert Woods - USC

LDE -

Margus Hunt - SMU

William Gholston - Michigan St

Safeties -

Eric Reid - LSU

Matt Elam - Florida

T.J. McDonald - USC

Also I love love love Louis Nix but not sure if we would spend a first on a NT considering we have other needs.

Edited by Gronk'd

Safety tops everything else. Biggest need by far.

Bacarri-Rambo.jpg

^^^

Would wreck shit in a Patriots uniform. :yep:

Ideally I want the Eagles to trade back. We have a lot of holes on the offensive line and in the secondary and I think we need more than 7 picks this year to fill them even with all the money we'll have to spend in free agency because we also could upgrade at TE and WR too.

If we stay with our first round pick

1. Luke Joeckel- Not sure if Jason Peters can come back from that injury and also no more Howard Mudd

2. Manti Te'o- Biggest impact player on defense that's not a DE. I don't think we need one

3. Dee Millner- Probably won't be great right away but we need a Corner for the next 8 or so years

If we trade back

*1.* Chance Warmack- To me, Warmack is the best fit and he can help right away.

2. Matt Elam

3. Eric Reid

4. TJ McDonald

That's all I have for now.

Haven't gotten to study many players just yet, but here are some who I wouldn't mind seeing in a Texans uniform...

Quinton Patton: WR, Louisiana Tech

Aaron Dobson: WR, Marshall

Shayne Skov: ILB, Stanford

Brian Winters: OT, Kent State

Margus Hunt: DE, SMU

Eric Fisher: OT, Central Michigan

Montee Ball: RB, Wisconsin

I know a lot of people like Jarvis Jones, but he has a serious condition that is going to cause him to fall on draft day. Not outta round 1, but further than his talent would say.

I know a lot of people like Jarvis Jones, but he has a serious condition that is going to cause him to fall on draft day. Not outta round 1, but further than his talent would say.

Yep, Spinal Stenosis. Been saying this on other forums. I wouldn't touch him until the 4th personally. Seeing as the Jags need lots of talent, if I were the Jags GM I probably wouldn't even touch him til the 6th. Chris Samuels is the only NFL player to play 9 seasons with spinal stenosis, and again had to retire after a hit led to temporary paralysis. It's the same condition that ended Cooper Manning's (the oldest Manning brother) career before he even got to play a down at Ole Miss. Marcus McNeil of San Diego recently had to retire at 28 due to it, after signing a huge contract with the Chargers no less.

The thing about JJ is, how many years can we expect to get outa him?

I'm not ready to give up on him until he's gone through the NFL draft medical process. If I was JJ I wouldn't even risk going pro, but in the event that he does. I'm all in if he's there when we pick.

It could turn into a Daquan Bowers situation though.

The thing about JJ is, how many years can we expect to get outa him?

I'm not ready to give up on him until he's gone through the NFL draft medical process. If I was JJ I wouldn't even risk going pro, but in the event that he does. I'm all in if he's there when we pick.

It could turn into a Daquan Bowers situation though.

Yeah, like I said, I wouldn't take him unless I were an elite team who can afford a risk like that so high in the draft. If I'm teams like the Jags, and other teams in need of a talent influx, I don't go near him.

It sucks though, hell of a player. Feel bad for him.

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

Hopefully we can get Milliner or Banks wherever we finally land in the draft order. CORNERRRRRRZ PLLLZZZZ

Also, it's looking like it will be a fairly deep DL/pass rusher draft class.

EDIT:

Here's a good article on JJ and it touches a little on his "mild" case of spinal stenosis.

Edited by BucD

I just want an entire offensive line. Oh wait, this can't be done you say? Well shit!

We need a RG that ISNT a project player.

• Upvote 1

@TonyPauline:

Sources have confided RB's Giovani Bernard/UNC & Eddie Lacy/Alabama will enter the draft..DJ Fluker/Albama will follow suit

I would like to see the Packers grab OL Barrett Jones, as he seems to be versatile and capable of playing any position on the line but would probably end up being the Packers' future center once Saturday is gone. Also going to be watching Giovani Bernard, Eddie Lacy, LeVeon Bell, or Montee Ball.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Johnathan Banks,CB,Mississippi State

Kevin Minter,ILB,LSU

Xavier Rhodes,CB,Florida State

Logan Ryan,CB,Rutgers

Micheal Mauti,ILB,Penn State

North Carolina State QB Mike Glennon has been impressing me a lot so far in what I have seen of him. He looks more pro ready than Geno or Barkley IMO.

Mel Kiper seems to think Glennon could be the first QB taken before its all said and done. I hope some other team makes the mistake.

IDK if anybody else saw this game, but I was watching UCF vs. Ball St. and I came away EXTREMELY impressed with Blake Bortles.

He's a RS soph who probably won't declare till next year, or till he is senior but I wanted this to be documented somewhere publicly so I can say I was already on his bandwagon if it picks up next year. :D

I mean, its one game, and I'm no expert scout, so take it with a grain of salt... I've seen him play against OSU and Akron, but I never really paid close attention to him, but he really stood out in this game. He's got the size, the arm, mobility, pocket awareness, and looked very polished for a sophomore.

He honestly looked like if he was to declare for the draft this year, he could pull a Christian Ponder and get picked in the 1st considering the QB needy teams and this overall weak class.

Dion Jordan would be awesome. But so would Teo, you could move Jackson to the outside and kill 2 birds with 1 stone. We may be able to land Sean Porter in round 3 to get our pass rusher at LBer. I'm hoping we get a corner sometime in the draft or FA too. Brown is old and may be better suited for safety at this stage.

Glennon would be best on a team that likes to spread it out and play up-tempo. Basically like how the Patriots play. That's when Glennon is at his best. If I were the Bills I'd seriously consider drafting Glennon.

Mel Kiper seems to think Glennon could be the first QB taken before its all said and done. I hope some other team makes the mistake.

I don't think he should be the first QB taken in the draft. Honestly he's like a late 1st/early 2nd rounder in my eyes, and that really depends on how badly a team needs a quarterback. I feel like he's more pro ready than some other quarterbacks in this draft class, but his ceiling is nowhere near as high as someone like Geno Smith. When I watch Glennon's tape, he actually reminds me a lot of Matt Schaub.