Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Packers @ Vikings

When your defense can't prevent a running back from picking up a 2nd and 27, that's killing you.

The refs were favoring the Pack, if anything.

I don't know why people are still complaining about offensive holding being non-existent, that's been clear the entire season that they aren't calling those nearly as much.

• Downvote 1

Does the play clock even start before the ball is snapped?

I'm guessing you meant spotted, not snapped, but yes, the play clock generally starts as soon as the previous play ends, that said I didn't notice the refs slowing the game down much if at all in this game

I'm guessing you meant spotted, not snapped, but yes, the play clock generally starts as soon as the previous play ends, that said I didn't notice the refs slowing the game down much if at all in this game

Rodgers was pissed off in the 1st half. Carey was taking forever to spot the ball and start the play, it resembled when they first changed the placement of the head ref that made multiple QBs angry.

BWare, if you actually read my post you would see I didn't just say the refs. I mentioned how the D could not tackle AP. Tramon Williams was pathetic and wanted nothing to do with AP then lost his temper and cost the Packers 4 points.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

The refs were favoring the Pack, if anything.

I don't know why people are still complaining about offensive holding being non-existent, that's been clear the entire season that they aren't calling those nearly as much.

The refs didn't lose anybody a game. I didn't even want to come in here to complain about them. I thought they generally did a good job.

But when they dictate one how fast one teams offense goes, you can't really say they are favoring that team. lol.

Come on. :rofl:

I just hope they are a bit faster in Lambeau next week! Bring em on!!!!

• Downvote 1

I have to admit that I was a little mean to some of my packer buddies, but that was because they were really cocky before the game. Overall just glad to end your guy's sweep of the NFC North, and very glad to be in the playoffs. Hope for a good, competitive, clean game next week guys. Whoever wins I wish them luck in the playoffs. Overall was a very fun game to watch though.

The refs didn't lose anybody a game. I didn't even want to come in here to complain about them. I thought they generally did a good job.

But when they dictate one how fast one teams offense goes, you can't really say they are favoring that team. lol.

Come on. :rofl:

I just hope they are a bit faster in Lambeau next week! Bring em on!!!!

Oh come on.

McCarthy does the exact same thing that Jim Schwartz and Mike Smith did, and instead of being told that the play will no longer be reviewed, the refs go and look at it anyway. That was clearly favoring the Packers.

And there were plenty of calls that seemed messed up to me, or non-calls, that favored the Pack. By your logic, if the refs slowed down Rodgers' offense, then no matter what else they did they can't be said to have helped the Packers out. That's ludicrous.

I was replying to one of your fellow Packer fans who thought the refs were against Green Bay- if anything they helped out GB more than they hurt them.

Edited by Thanatos19

Oh come on.

McCarthy does the exact same thing that Jim Schwartz and Mike Smith did, and instead of being told that the play will no longer be reviewed, the refs go and look at it anyway. That was clearly favoring the Packers.

And there were plenty of calls that seemed messed up to me, or non-calls, that favored the Pack. By your logic, if the refs slowed down Rodgers' offense, then no matter what else they did they can't be said to have helped the Packers out. That's ludicrous.

I was replying to one of your fellow Packer fans who thought the refs were against Green Bay- if anything they helped out GB more than they hurt them.

No, it wasn't the same exact thing.

You and Ngata were obviously NOT listening to the broadcast at all. Either that or you just want to pretend like you didn't. The way that happened.. Was EXACTLY per the rules. It was NOT the same exact situation as Jim Schwartz.

I agree with the penalty flag on McCarthy. I never said the Refs favored the Vikings.

But to say they favored us after they dictated the speed of which our offense ran is just absurd.

Feel free to go through ALL of the other penalties that were "messed up" to you. We'll get to the bottom of this.

I didn't have a problem with the refs aside from missing some blatant holding and blocks in the backs on kick returns (they did this for both teams). :shrug:

I'm not pissed off at the refs... BUT JESUS CHRIST WILL PHIL LOADHOLT GET HIS SHIT TOGETHER, STOP GETTING RAPED, AND STOP HOLDING/STARTING EARLY/GETTING 15 YARD PENALTIES?!?!?!?!?!?

The same goes for our secondary. If we didn't have as many of those stupid penalties, it's entirely possible that we win by a larger margin.

Anyway, good luck to both teams next week. I'm going to leave this topic be because I don't like trash talking or getting into heated arguments about sports (or anything for that matter). Best of luck to Rodgers and the Packers, and if the Vikes can't pull it off you guys (as usual) will probably have my support.

EDIT: The replay thing is stupid. Why punish a coach for being so into the game that he temporarily just has to call BS on the refs? I mean, he was blatantly down/in the endzone so the fumble call was stupid anyway. While I agree that they should have reviewed the play, I think the overall rule is stupid. Penalize them for throwing the flag, but don't come out with this bullshit of, "We're not going to review a play that we are mandated to review because the coach got a little inflamed there."

What I hated is that Schwartz threw the flag before it was even a touchdown and they didn't give him an exemption. How was he to know it was going to be a TD? Bleh... fucking retarded rule and fuck Goodell.

Edited by Vikingfan465
  • Upvote 1

The slow start in the beginning and our defense being unable to contain Adrian Peterson for most of the game was a large contributing factor to why we lost this game. I'm interested to see what happens next week.

No, it wasn't the same exact thing.

You and Ngata were obviously NOT listening to the broadcast at all. Either that or you just want to pretend like you didn't. The way that happened.. Was EXACTLY per the rules. It was NOT the same exact situation as Jim Schwartz.

I agree with the penalty flag on McCarthy. I never said the Refs favored the Vikings.

But to say they favored us after they dictated the speed of which our offense ran is just absurd.

Feel free to go through ALL of the other penalties that were "messed up" to you. We'll get to the bottom of this.

The Packers got a lucky break on a complete technicality there, and most people know this.

I'm not saying it's not a dumb rule. It's pretty much the worst rule I've heard of. However, not only did they get the break of the refs giving them a review, they got even more lucky that the refs said Jones was in. The first couple replays I saw, (the only ones I saw), it sure as hell looked like he was down somewhere inside the 1, in which case it should have been second-and-goal at the 16 after McCarthy's personal foul was assessed.

All I was replying to was PackersDynasty's assertion that "the refs are not the only reason why the Packers lost but they sure did help." They also helped out the Pack. There were blown calls both ways, and if I had to pick a team they favored, it would be Green Bay. But it really wasn't that badly officiated, IMO.

The Packers got a lucky break on a complete technicality there, and most people know this.

I'm not saying it's not a dumb rule. It's pretty much the worst rule I've heard of. However, not only did they get the break of the refs giving them a review, they got even more lucky that the refs said Jones was in. The first couple replays I saw, (the only ones I saw), it sure as hell looked like he was down somewhere inside the 1, in which case it should have been second-and-goal at the 16 after McCarthy's personal foul was assessed.

All I was replying to was PackersDynasty's assertion that "the refs are not the only reason why the Packers lost but they sure did help." They also helped out the Pack. There were blown calls both ways, and if I had to pick a team they favored, it would be Green Bay. But it really wasn't that badly officiated, IMO.

The Packers benefiting from a technicality is not the same thing as being favored by the refs. Not in the slightest. You make it sound like the refs just gave them the call because they liked him better. That wasn't the case at all. It's in and completely abiding of the rules. We got no unfair advantage that anyone else in the same EXACT situation wouldn't have gotten.

Jones was in. That isn't us being favored by the refs. It's you not being able to recognize the TD. The only thing I can tell you here is to go rewatch the play.

Don't assert that there were plenty of "Messed up" calls in the Packers favor when you have yet to name one.

It really doesn't help your case at all.

The Packers benefiting from a technicality is not the same thing as being favored by the refs. Not in the slightest. You make it sound like the refs just gave them the call because they liked him better. That wasn't the case at all. It's in and completely abiding of the rules. We got no unfair advantage that anyone else in the same EXACT situation wouldn't have gotten.

Jones was in. That isn't us being favored by the refs. It's you not being able to recognize the TD. The only thing I can tell you here is to go rewatch the play.

Don't assert that there were plenty of "Messed up" calls in the Packers favor when you have yet to name one.

It really doesn't help your case at all.

I'm not making a case, lol. I can assert what I like.

I do recall Zack and several others in the shoutbox also thought Jones wasn't in, though.

I could really care less about your biased opinion or whether you think the refs were biased. I'm not trying to convince you- you're a Packers fan. All I remember is clearly feeling and thinking after the game I was glad the Vikes won because the refs certainly tried to take it from them at points.

Edited by Thanatos19

I've got one thing to say about this topic, and it's not about this specific game but about Packers versus Vikings next week.

People (not here on this site, but overall) are already talking like the game is over, decided, pretty much in the books. Why? Why doesn't anybody thing the Vikings can make it a game and win? I don't get it. They're on a four game winning streak against 3 good teams and one improving team (STL). There's no reason to believe they can't win next weekend. And it will be a game. I promise you that.

Are any of you Packers fans even remotely afraid going into this game?

I've got one thing to say about this topic, and it's not about this specific game but about Packers versus Vikings next week.

People (not here on this site, but overall) are already talking like the game is over, decided, pretty much in the books. Why? Why doesn't anybody thing the Vikings can make it a game and win? I don't get it. They're on a four game winning streak against 3 good teams and one improving team (STL). There's no reason to believe they can't win next weekend. And it will be a game. I promise you that.

Are any of you Packers fans even remotely afraid going into this game?

That is rather puzzling to me. The Vikes are a team that is built specifically to take out a team like Green Bay. That run-game keeps A-Rod on the sidelines. I don't think Minny has a shot at the Superbowl, not really, but they certainly have a good chance of knocking off Green Bay.

That is rather puzzling to me. The Vikes are a team that is built specifically to take out a team like Green Bay. That run-game keeps A-Rod on the sidelines. I don't think Minny has a shot at the Superbowl, not really, but they certainly have a good chance of knocking off Green Bay.

I firmly believe that they could beat Atlanta, too, but I don't think they could take out Seattle or San Fran in San Fran.

I'm not making a case, lol. I can assert what I like.

I do recall Zack and several others in the shoutbox also thought Jones wasn't in, though.

I could really care less about your biased opinion or whether you think the refs were biased. I'm not trying to convince you- you're a Packers fan. All I remember is clearly feeling and thinking after the game I was glad the Vikes won because the refs certainly tried to take it from them at points.

Saying things that you can't back makes you a rather unreliable source of information. You are resorting to a lot of the same tactics that Bware pulled in the gun thread. You aren't trying to argue your point, but instead trying to mock and degrade my opinion with nothing substantial.

Your actions are quite cowardly, to say the least.

And there were plenty of calls that seemed messed up to me, or non-calls, that favored the Pack.

You can't name a SINGLE PLAY after saying that plenty of calls were in Green Bay's favor.

I might be a Packers fan but I am not sure how that factors in when I say the game was reffed fairly and not in any teams particular favor.

When you make accusations, I think it is fair to ask for some kind of evidence or at least a valid reason why you think the way you do. The fact that you won't even go back and watch the play, I think, proves you are just kind pulling stuff out of your rear. lol.

It's pretty clear that the ball had broken the plane of the endzone when his knee was determined down. That's not even really something that you can argue. Being a Packers fan doesn't alter reality, unfortunately. :laugh:

• Downvote 1

JD. You disagreed with me in The Gun Thread and overreacted because you are, just like the rest of us, emotionally tied to that subject because we can't stand the thought of children being killed like they were in Connecticut. I overreacted to counterpoints, too. Everybody did.

My tactics and points were perfectly fine, just like yours were. We just disagreed and were too tied to the subject to avoid seeing insults that weren't there. Stop trying to make it sound like you destroyed me in that thread when you really didn't do anything but express your opinion and then act like mine was nonsense. The opposing points of view mirrored each other because both reacted the same way to the other pole.

We disagreed. That's that. That thread is over and I don't expect to see nonsense like this again outside of it.

• Upvote 1

JD. You disagreed with me in The Gun Thread and overreacted because you are, just like the rest of us, emotionally tied to that subject because we can't stand the thought of children being killed like they were in Connecticut. I overreacted to counterpoints, too. Everybody did.

My tactics and points were perfectly fine, just like yours were. We just disagreed and were too tied to the subject to avoid seeing insults that weren't there. Stop trying to make it sound like you destroyed me in that thread when you really didn't do anything but express your opinion and then act like mine was nonsense. The opposing points of view mirrored each other because both reacted the same way to the other pole.

We disagreed. That's that. That thread is over and I don't expect to see nonsense like this again outside of it.

You can refer to any of my posts in that thread as to why you are unequivocally wrong.

That doesn't change what is happening in THIS thread. The tactics used just get old. Argue the points... Stop insulting the people you are arguing. Stop trying to make them feel stupid for believing what they do.

Not treating people like shit should not be this hard.

You can't go around making claims without actually having any evidence of such. The world doesn't work that way. And I like debating as much as the next guy, but it is just being done incorrectly here.

• Downvote 1

I have just about had enough of your holier-than-thou bullshit, Favre. You're the one that came in here, replied to a post I made replying to a different person, and doing it in an insulting manner, and then turn around and pull the "how dare you insult me" card? Really?!

I don't give two shits about whether you agree with my opinion. This isn't a court of law. I simply remember that I felt like the Vikes got jobbed more than the Packers did, so when I read a post by a Packers fan, (not you), that seemed to indicate they thought the refs contributed to the Packers loss, I was surprised, and responded that if anything, the refs favored the Pack. You have continued to blow this completely out of proportion.

You're the one that comes in here saying things like:

You and Ngata were obviously NOT listening to the broadcast at all. Either that or you just want to pretend like you didn't.
Because that's not insulting at all. [/sarcasm]

So fuck off. Feel free to continue to think what you like. I'm done arguing with your arrogant ass.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Downvote 1

I have just about had enough of your holier-than-thou bullshit, Favre. You're the one that came in here, replied to a post I made replying to a different person, and doing it in an insulting manner, and then turn around and pull the "how dare you insult me" card? Really?!

I don't give two shits about whether you agree with my opinion. This isn't a court of law. I simply remember that I felt like the Vikes got jobbed more than the Packers did, so when I read a post by a Packers fan, (not you), that seemed to indicate they thought the refs contributed to the Packers loss, I was surprised, and responded that if anything, the refs favored the Pack. You have continued to blow this completely out of proportion.

You're the one that comes in here saying things like: Because that's not insulting at all. [/sarcasm]

So fuck off. Feel free to continue to think what you like. I'm done arguing with your arrogant ass.

You and Ngata keep arguing FACTS, bro. FACTS. These aren't my opinions. These aren't things that might be, could be... Should be. These are undisputed facts. The rules are rules. The announcers took 10 to 15 minutes to explain the situation last night. They brought in a former referee to explain the situation.

Yet.. For some reason you continue to try to spin it it in a way that the refs were favoring the Packers.

Unfortunately, you just having a feeling... And not having any evidence of your claims doesn't help you. Ever.

And you continue to carry on as if somehow your feelings defy facts and reality. Just because someone is a fan of a certain team doesn't mean they can't see things for the way they are. Namely unbiased officiating.

I know you seek out threads where you can argue with somebody.. Where you can give an opinion in hopes of singling somebody out or ganging up on somebody with a less common opinion. But it isn't going to work every time.

You get cornered and instead of saying.. "Hey man, ya, okay, I didn't see or hear that"... You just make things up and spout off endlessly about how wrong the other person is without validating your own opinion.

Start arguing the RIGHT way. Until then, I'll see you in another thread, I am sure.

Necessary defense of our opinions made, let's return to civil debate. First, I'll state that both JD and Thanatos are two of my favorite posters on this site. Let's not go changing opinions about another based on a couple of threads.

I will state that I thought James Jones was just outside of the goalline, but I would not call it sufficient evidence to overturn a TD call. But it wasn't a TD call. I feel like Green Bay should have gotten the ball at the one and the flag should have been picked up. Get it right and then move forward, but when there was insufficient evidence to turn the call into a touchdown? That was my problem with it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay-packers/0ap2000000120266/QB-Rodgers-to-WR-Jones-8-yd-pass-TD

Pause it at 49 seconds. Continue to watch as you please. Touchdown. DO I blame the refs for not getting it right initially? No. I said in the shoutbox as it happened, that that would have been a tough call to make as it happened.

In the end though, and thanks to replay.

The correct call was made. Including the 15 yard penalty on McCarthy, who should have known better.

You and Ngata keep arguing FACTS, bro. FACTS. These aren't my opinions. These aren't things that might be, could be... Should be. These are undisputed facts. The rules are rules. The announcers took 10 to 15 minutes to explain the situation last night. They brought in a former referee to explain the situation.

Yet.. For some reason you continue to try to spin it it in a way that the refs were favoring the Packers.

Unfortunately, you just having a feeling... And not having any evidence of your claims doesn't help you. Ever.

And you continue to carry on as if somehow your feelings defy facts and reality. Just because someone is a fan of a certain team doesn't mean they can't see things for the way they are. Namely unbiased officiating.

I know you seek out threads where you can argue with somebody.. Where you can give an opinion in hopes of singling somebody out or ganging up on somebody with a less common opinion. But it isn't going to work every time.

You get cornered and instead of saying.. "Hey man, ya, okay, I didn't see or hear that"... You just make things up and spout off endlessly about how wrong the other person is without validating your own opinion.

Start arguing the RIGHT way. Until then, I'll see you in another thread, I am sure.

I'm not trying to spin anything, good god. I'm not making anything up in this thread. I'm simply giving my opinion, and apparently, you can't handle that. I'm not saying it's a fact, I'm saying how I felt, and what my opinion is. You're the one that, apparently, is saying that is not allowed.

You are such a hypocrite, sometimes, JD.

I made an *off-hand comment* that "if anything, the refs favored the Pack." You are the one who came into the thread and accosted me, not the other way around.

I don't seek out threads to try to gang up on people, (and the fact that you continue to accuse me of this and other things puts the lie to your idiotic assertion that apparently its everyone else who is disrespectful while debating) I simply look at every thread in general nfl talk. So yes, I'm going to reply to many of them, especially when many other people have replied to them. This assertion of yours is just idiotic.

Your opinion of who gets cornered, who wins the debate, etc, you treat as facts. You come off as this arrogant person who believes that if you disagree with him, you are disagreeing with "the facts, bro."

I don't really care about the refs in this game all that much. I thought they were pretty balanced. As I said. Just that *if I had to say they favored one team*, I'd say they favored GB, so I was surprised that a Packers fan would say otherwise. That is hardly saying that the refs were all in for the Packers. Just thought they had a couple more calls go their way than the other way. But you can't take that.

You are the one who started this, You are the one who "sought out the thread" and accosted me. You are the one who threw out insulting remarks and then turn around and play the "holier-than-thou" card. You did it to Bware as well in the other thread. It is, quite frankly, really irritating. There is very little that rubs me the wrong way more than somebody whining about people throwing insulting remarks around during a debate when he is doing the exact. same. thing.

Now I'm seriously done. For reals.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Downvote 1

I will give you the final word on all of those shenanigans so that we can actually get back to the thread.

What proof is there of the refs favoring the Packers exactly?