Bay

NHL General thread

Great win by the Caps, hopefully we can build on it, this team really should not be as bad as it is

New realignment propolsal.

I think its a pretty good one. The only teams I think will be upset are Chicago for not being with Detroit anymore, and Winnipeg for not being with any Canadian teams.

I love that taht alignment puts the Caps with Philly, Pittsburgh, and NJ, but that Conference 2 looks a little rough, putting the Florida teams with Boston, Buffalo, Detroit, and three Canadian teams, but I guess the two Florida teams are gonna look out of place no matter where you put them

...but I guess the two Florida teams are gonna look out of place no matter where you put them

That's the silver lining, I think. And in terms of distance, they can't complain about this proposal because Phoenix, Los Angeles, and Anaheim have to make long trips to Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton.

That's the silver lining, I think. And in terms of distance, they can't complain about this proposal because Phoenix, Los Angeles, and Anaheim have to make long trips to Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton.

yeah, I noticed that too, it looks like the Western conferences were slated by timezone (just my guess, I haven't actually looked it up) which makes sense in a way, but I think travel distance should be a bigger concern

I think teams care more about time zone for tv reasons.

Brodeur needs to come back fast. Hedberg looks old and done. 5 goals his last two games and four so far today.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Luongo's getting lit up by the Wings.

Holy shit lol

Edited by Bay

Gonna lol so hard if the Hawks get knocked out in the 1st round.

I picked the 'yotes to beat Chicago in the 1st round because of the shaky goaltending of the Hawks... so far both guys have been great. Can they do it come playoff time? I don't know. Going to have to see the matchup first.

My Pittsburgh/Chicago Stanley Cup is looking pretty likely right now.

Hard to believe we're almost halfway through the season already!!!

Devils are playing like ass lately...the fuck, man.

Windy since when were you a hockey fan lol?

Gonna try some power rankings out of boredom.

1. Blackhawks

2. Bruins

3. Ducks

4. Canadiens

5. Penguins

6. Canucks

7. Senators

8. Devils

9. Blues

10. Maple Leafs

11. Kings

12. Predators

13. Sharks

14. Hurricanes

15. Red Wings

16. Rangers

17. Wild

18. Lightning

19. Coyotes

20. Stars

21. Oilers

22. Flames

23. Jets

24. Avalanche

25. Flyers

26. Islanders

27. Panthers

28. Capitals

29. Sabres

30. Blue Jackets

You predicted the right Super Bowl matchup so I hope you'll be right again :D

I might try some power rankings myself later. :yep:

Holtby's turning in another amazing performance so far, glad we locked him in for another two years

Cam Ward's having a heck of a game too, we could easily have 6 or 7 goals, but I'll take 2-0 six minutes into the second period

I'm going to be sad when the Sharks beat the Avs, but at least my that time my birthday will be over.

I mentioned it in the shoutbox, but absolutely amazing save by Cam Ward tonight: http://video.nhl.com...id=nhl:topheads

maybe I'm being optimistic, but after two dominating wins in a row against teams in the top half of the conference, I don't think the Caps can quite be written off

Saw that save on both NHL Live and NHL Tonight.

Sweet glove hand.

I may get flamed for this, but that's not really a spectacular save. Ward just outstretched his glove as much as he could in desperation, and Ward failed to shoot the puck around said glove. If the shot is elevated a bit, or in the corner, it's a goal. :shrug:

I may get flamed for this, but that's not really a spectacular save. Ward just outstretched his glove as much as he could in desperation, and Ward failed to shoot the puck around said glove. If the shot is elevated a bit, or in the corner, it's a goal. :shrug:

you could say that about a lot of great saves, that the goalie merely threw his [glove, stick, pad] out in desperation, but just to get back into position to have any chance at the block on a close cross like that is really what makes that sort of save spectacular, and because of the distance and the angle that really wouldn't be as easy as it seems to just put the puck a little further to the side, Joel put it in the best spot he could and Cam got his glove in the way, damn good save in my book

I'm going to be sad when the Sharks beat the Avs, but at least my that time my birthday will be over.

Surprised we did as well as we did. Varlamov was a monster tonight stopping 39/41 shots. ( .951 save percentage)

Lost the shootout... ironic.