Bay

NHL General thread

Someone's gonna get Chicago. The Flyers' 35-game point streak (which didn't include an overtime loss, by the way) is safe and secure. :coffee:

That line gets me thinking of the legitimacy of the Blackhawks point streak against the Flyers point streak (I believe from the 1979-1980 season).

I don't know if the NHL really differentiates between overtime losses and shootout losses but the Blackhawks have only lost shootouts. So, to me personally the Blackhawks current streak is just as impressive as the Flyers would be (since obviously after a five minute overtime it used to just end in a tie).

Now if the Blackhawks were to continue the steak while losing a game in the five minute overtime then I think it would kind of taint it if they were to beat the Flyers streak. But, if they were to continue doing it with wins and shootout losses it'd be just as legitimate in my opinion.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

That line gets me thinking of the legitimacy of the Blackhawks point streak against the Flyers point streak (I believe from the 1979-1980 season).

I don't know if the NHL really differentiates between overtime losses and shootout losses but the Blackhawks have only lost shootouts. So, to me personally the Blackhawks current streak is just as impressive as the Flyers would be (since obviously after a five minute overtime it used to just end in a tie).

Now if the Blackhawks were to continue the steak while losing a game in the five minute overtime then I think it would kind of taint it if they were to beat the Flyers streak. But, if they were to continue doing it with wins and shootout losses it'd be just as legitimate in my opinion.

I totally agree. I had thought the Hawks had lost one game in the 5-minute OT period, for whatever reason; didn't realize nobody's beat them until the shootout.

Regardless, 13 games to go. :D

Actually back when the Flyers streak happened, there was no overtime at all, so I'd say even a normal OT loss counts because back then it would've been a tie.

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

Ouch, Cam Ward was finally starting to play like the #1 he's supposed to be and that happens. Cruel world.

Well Dan Ellis has shown he can play well. Good luck 'canes.

Edited by Bay

Actually back when the Flyers streak happened, there was no overtime at all, so I'd say even a normal OT loss counts because back then it would've been a tie.

I don't really understand why a team would even get a point for an overtime or shootout loss. I would think that it would make it more exciting in the third period, and overtime if it's tied up after regulation, because than teams would be more aggressive in trying to score that extra goal to win the game! It just seems to me that a team gets that extra point for basicly trying hard, whcih shouldn't be the case because a team should only get 2 points for the win!

Any thoughts? :shrug:

I don't really understand why a team would even get a point for an overtime or shootout loss. I would think that it would make it more exciting in the third period, and overtime if it's tied up after regulation, because than teams would be more aggressive in trying to score that extra goal to win the game! It just seems to me that a team gets that extra point for basicly trying hard, whcih shouldn't be the case because a team should only get 2 points for the win!

Any thoughts? :shrug:

i agree. Unless the NHL wants to give 3 points for a regulation win and only 2 for an overtime/shoot out win, the loser point should be removed
  • Upvote 1

Malkin's goal last night was fucking sick.

Oh, and Flyers/Rangers tonight. :devious:

Malkin's goal last night was fucking sick.

Oh, and Flyers/Rangers tonight. :devious:

Avs-Red wings :devious:

If only it had the same feel

Edit: I finally understand while Johan Hedberg is a backup, the starter's load is killing the guy and the Devils are suffering without Marty :/

Edited by Bay

Caps are doing everything they can to keep me from completely losing faithrock.gif

Red Wings win on a fluke goal :sigh:

Fuck the Joe and its unpredictable boards

Rangers are now 10-1 in the past 11 meetings with the Flyers. :smug: And Rick Nash being in the lineup makes such a huge difference. The man is simply nasty.

Also, Habs lost to the dog shit Islanders again. <_<. Habs used to own the Islanders all the time, but it seems like the Islanders have had the Habs' number as of late.

Red Wings win on a fluke goal :sigh:

Fuck the Joe and its unpredictable boards

Joe Louis Arena is a historic placeto play! Lots of winning tradition there! :yep:

Edited by CARDINAL

Joe Louis Arena is a historic placeto play! Lots of winning tradition there! :yep:

Heh, stop telling me stuff I know. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Interesting question I heard on the radio today: how does your perception of the Blackhawks' streak change, if at all, given that they are playing an exclusive Western Conference schedule?

Interesting question I heard on the radio today: how does your perception of the Blackhawks' streak change, if at all, given that they are playing an exclusive Western Conference schedule?

I would consider it to be a bit more impressive since the Western Conference is slightly deeper than the Eastern Conference!

I would consider it to be a bit more impressive since the Western Conference is slightly deeper than the Eastern Conference!

I'm getting sick of the 3 point games.

Honest to God I had a dream last night the Devils beat the Blackhawks 7-2 to end their streak. It was kind of weird lol..

The way we've been playing lately even if we did face them we'd get mauled. I'm glad Kinkaid finally saw some ice time (even though Moose wasn't fully responsible).

I'm getting sick of the 3 point games.

:yep:

Why do they even have 1 point for either an OT Loss or Shootout Loss? :facepalm:

They should eliminate that from the point system, but actually have the players and the GM's vote on it. I personally think the General Manager's have to much power, and this needs to change so the players have a bigger say in the rules of the game and other aspects of how the NHL is run! :yep:

Honest to God I had a dream last night the Devils beat the Blackhawks 7-2 to end their streak. It was kind of weird lol..

The way we've been playing lately even if we did face them we'd get mauled. I'm glad Kinkaid finally saw some ice time (even though Moose wasn't fully responsible).

Devils now only 1 point ahead of the Rangers. :yao:

Caps are doing everything they can to keep me from completely losing faith.

Yeah I think you need to change your sig bro.

They are looking a lot better than in the beginning of the season. I've only caught about 1/3 of the games so far, but definitely looking a hell of a lot better.

Yeah I think you need to change your sig bro.

They are looking a lot better than in the beginning of the season. I've only caught about 1/3 of the games so far, but definitely looking a hell of a lot better.

yeah, I think the 7-1 win over Florida bringing us one game away from .500 is enough to justify it, unfortunately I still think we've dug too deep a hole to climb out of

Edited by oochymp