Sign in to follow this  
housemd

Colbert hints Wallace won't be franchised

GM Kevin Colbert said Wednesday it's "very doubtful" the Steelers use the franchise tag.

"I don't think we have too many franchise players," Colbert said bluntly. "We're not married to anybody." It's the strongest indication yet the Steelers plan to let Mike Wallace hit the open market, where he'd almost certainly receive an offer Pittsburgh couldn't match. Despite a down 2012, the 26-year-old Wallace figures to be the most sought after free agent wideout.

And to think, last off season we were all talking about the possibility of somebody giving up a 1st rounder for him.

He had an awful year. Every game I seen, he was dropping tons of passes. I can't see him getting near the contract Jackson got now,

Wallace had 6 drops on the season. Wes Welker lead the league in drops with 15. Calvin had 14, Marshall 13, Decker/Cruz/Avery with 12, Demaryius/Cobb/Stevie Johnson/Dez 11, Reggie Wayne/A.J. Green/T.Y. Hilton/Andre Roberts 10, Andre Johnson 9, et cetera...

Wallace had a down year and had some bad drops, but the entire offense was pretty shitty this season outside of Ben and Heath.

Bring back Bruce Arians.

That's not even remotely funny. >_>

Luckily people are crediting his dumb ass for the Colts this season and some dumb motherfuckers are going to give him a HC job.

I'm willing to give Haley another year. The team was injured beyond belief and never had any semblance of continuity. Ben played amazingly last year and the offense looked great before Ben got hurt, but really stagnated once he was out and later when he came back. Hopefully they can stay relatively healthy and get some more youth on the OL.

Also, Sean Kugler the OL coach has taken a HC job at UTEP, so maybe they'll get someone that will install a power blocking scheme rather than trying to get the unathletic fuckers to try and zone block.

Wallace had some EASY drops this year. I still say hes one of the better WR's In the league. The man is a homerun threat every time he does a streak. He spreads the field so much. Someone WILL pay him big money even after the year he had. If Bernard Berrian was able to get that money, Wallace will get 8 a year at least.

Looking like a good WR free agent class.

Dwayne Bowe

Mike Wallace

Greg Jennings

Wes Welker

Danny Amendola

I can see Jennings and Welker both re-signing, but that's not a guarantee. Money speaks.