Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

Nixon more liberal than Obama.

Nixon's Foreign Policy

1969 - Nixon enters peace negotiations with North Viet Nam

1970 - Nixon negotiates permanent deal with USSR not to use Cienfuegos (Cuba) for ballistic missile Submarines

1972 - Nixon enters into successful SALT talks with USSR

1973 - Nixon withdraws thousands of troops from VietNam, ends draft.

Nixon's Domestic Policy

1970 - Nixon creates the EPA, seeks and passes Clean Water legislation, creates OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), requires all federal agencies to comply with National Environmental Protection Act, requiring environmental impact statements.

1970 - Nixon pushes school desegregation, creating the Philadelphia Plan, the first federal affirmative action program. (Nixon ends up appointing more women to office than LBJ)

1970 - Nixon endorses the Equal Rights Amendment as a constitutional amendment

1971 - Nixon installs price and wage freeze, stopping rampant inflation

Oh, Nixon also visited China, defanging tensions with that country, and opening trade with the largest population on earth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What had Obama done in comparison?

He loaned banks TRILLIONS of dollars without interest or conditions and without restoring Glass/Stegal or regulating derivatives

He adopted Bush's CIA policies.

He adopted Bush's Middle East wars, and expanded them.

He's killed MILLIONS of innocent people by ordering drone strikes

He adopted Bush's domestic surveillance positions. Nixon merely spied on the DNC. Obama spies on the entire country.

He pushed for extension of Patriot Act.

He adopted Bush's rendition policies.

He adopted and extended Bush's billionaire Tax Cuts.

He caved in on the debt deal, the public option, big pharma demands, and much much more.

He cancelled the EPA's ozone rules, resulting in environmental rules even more disgusting than George W. Bush's.

and you wonder why people say things like this about him.

West criticized President Obama when Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009, saying that it would be difficult for Obama to be "a war president with a peace prize"; West further retracted his support for Obama in an April 2011 interview, stating that Obama is "a black mascot of Wall Street oligarchs and a black puppet of corporate plutocrats. And now he has become head of the American killing machine and is proud of it.

Scary thing is, Mitt Romney would have been worse. We HAVE to do something about the state of this fucking country.

Holy shit Sean... was this an article or independent research on your part? Either way good work man.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

Holy shit Sean... was this an article or independent research on your part? Either way good work man.

ah shit you're right forgot to cite it.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/09/03/1013155/-Nixon-more-liberal-than-Obama

Left some stuff out and added some stuff. Fuck Israel is mostly why lol.

ah shit you're right forgot to cite it.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/09/03/1013155/-Nixon-more-liberal-than-Obama

Left some stuff out and added some stuff. Fuck Israel is mostly why lol.

Either way man good shit. Except for the fuck Israel part, I like them lol.

They are a large reason why the Middle East hates us and they have sold our technology to China. Why would any American like them?

They are a large reason why the Middle East hates us and they have sold our technology to China. Why would any American like them?

They are pretty much the ONLY reason the Middle East hates us...

Guest Phailadelphia

I wonder if this says more about the country as a whole as opposed to Nixon and Obama. For example,...

bbq6a6dcyaafdu.jpg

• Downvote 1

They are pretty much the ONLY reason the Middle East hates us...

And they sell our tech to China...

http://www.newsnet14.com/?p=90696

^I'm sketchy about that source so I'll try to find the other shit on them selling China the AIM-9.

yay religion.

Also, I hate articles like this.

Guy 1: 34 reasons why Guy 1 is awesome.

Guy 2: "This guy? This guy just sucks."

Edited by Vin
  • Upvote 1

I wonder if this says more about the country as a whole as opposed to Nixon and Obama. For example,...

bbq6a6dcyaafdu.jpg

A Ronald Reagan quote about owning AKs is more telling of our country than Obama selling us to the banks, being the world police, and shitting on the Constitution? Riiiight. lmao

yay religion.

Also, I hate articles like this.

Guy 1: 34 reasons why Guy 1 is awesome.

Guy 2: "This guy? This guy just sucks."

I am not going to jump to conclusions.. But you aren't referring to the article Sean posted, are you? The one with a large bullet list of reasons to dislike said people.

• Upvote 1

So you guys would rather us be in a depression that minuscules the 1930s? I realize the bailout kind of got fucked up by greed, but seriously had the stimulus/bailout not taken place we would likely be in another Great Depression.

EDIT:

I should say that I thought Nixon was a decent leader. It's just that Watergate kind of fucks everything up, especially with how adamantly he denied it.

Edited by Vikingfan465

Guest Phailadelphia

A Ronald Reagan quote about owning AKs is more telling of our country than Obama selling us to the banks, being the world police, and shitting on the Constitution? Riiiight. lmao

I wasn't talking about the picture in my comment, it was merely an example of my comment. So good job making yourself look like an ass. And yeah, Reagan's comments on AKs shows the strong shift to the right this country has undertaken since the '70s-'80s. Which was my point.

So you guys would rather us be in a depression that minuscules the 1930s? I realize the bailout kind of got fucked up by greed, but seriously had the stimulus/bailout not taken place we would likely be in another Great Depression.

EDIT:

I should say that I thought Nixon was a decent leader. It's just that Watergate kind of fucks everything up, especially with how adamantly he denied it.

You can't talk economics with Ron Paul supporters. You're wasting your time even trying. These are the types who think the economy would be better off without a central bank lol

Edited by Phailadelphia
  • Downvote 1

The strong shift to the right? Are we living in the same country?

The strong shift to the right? Are we living in the same country?

I personally think the US has become conservative, but I'm positive that opinion is tainted by the fact that I attend a highly conservative Catholic school. I guess a political perception of America depends on where that person is coming from.

It would be a really interesting poll, asking people which way the country has shifted, and then asking them which party/political view they identify with the most and comparing the results.

Guest Phailadelphia

It would be a really interesting poll, asking people which way the country has shifted, and then asking them which party/political view they identify with the most and comparing the results.

Would probably be good to ask them their location too.