BLUE

Report: Vikings interested in Donald Driver

Per Rotoworld.com:

Per Fox Sports Wisconsin, the Vikings are interested in impending free agent Donald Driver.

Driver, who turns 38 on Saturday, believes he can "go to any team and be either their No. 1 or No. 2 guy and be solid for another three years." That's a stretch, but Driver has repeatedly said he'd like to play until he's 40. "The question is, do I want to see myself in another uniform? I've always said I only want to wear that green and gold and nothing else," said Driver. Minnesota has just Percy Harvin and Jarius Wright as locks for roster spots in 2013 at receiver. Jan 29 - 4:44 PM

Source: Fox Sports Wisconsin

I dunno if I should mock them or laud them for their personnel department finding talent by picking up who ever leaves our team. Smart, yet annoying.

Hopefully it doesn't happen. Although, Driver has been covered by LBs the last two years, so.. Eh. He could still be an okay 700 yard guy though I think.

I am hoping this is just some reporter speculating. Driver wouldn't be an upgrade over any WR currently on the Vikings and that is saying alot. Please no!

Seriously... does Minnesota have a fetish with picking up old players on their way out from successful careers in Green Bay?

Seriously... does Minnesota have a fetish with picking up old players on their way out from successful careers in Green Bay?

Pretty much why there's no way this actually happens. The Vikings have been all about a young player movement... This would be completely 360.

I don't want to see Driver in any other uniform. It would be quite heartbreaking but at the end of the day he needs to do what's best for him.

Resign Simpson for cheap because he didn't earn a big paycheck, chase Jennings. That's what I say.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Donald-Driver-to-formally-retire-at-Feb-6-Atrium-event/f0e253de-46c0-4781-90ab-28fed669163e?campaign=t130131_driver_presser

Donald Driver to formally retire at Feb. 6 Atrium event

Donald Driver, the Green Bay Packers’ all-time leading receiver in receptions and yards and a member of the Super Bowl XLV championship team, will formally announce his retirement on Wednesday, Feb. 6, at 11 a.m., at a public event in the Lambeau Field Atrium.

“I played my entire career in Green Bay and have always enjoyed a special bond with the fans,” said Driver. “I can think of no better way to retire than to celebrate with them and the Packers organization.”

In addition to Driver, Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy, General Manager Ted Thompson and Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be in attendance. All three will speak about Driver, his career and his legacy.

Another member of the Packers family who isn’t able to be in attendance, five-time NFL champion and Hall of Famer Bart Starr, offered his praise of Driver: “It’s been a great pleasure getting to know Donald over these years. His contribution to the history of the Green Bay Packers has been extraordinary. I am honored to congratulate him on all of his achievements on and off the field.”

Fans are invited to the announcement. A limited number of tickets, free of charge, will be available on a first-come, first-served basis in person at the Packers’ ticket office, beginning at 9 a.m. Friday, Feb. 1. Distribution will be limited to four tickets per person.

RELATED LINKS

Donald Driver tribute

From humble start, Donald Driver retires in greatness

Blog: Donald Driver on radio: ‘I’m calling it a career’

Glad he decided to retire. He had a great career and wish him the best in his future endeavors in life.

Good. Wouldn't want to see him in that uniform and in a limited role as a Viking. *grossed out sound*