Piggly Wiggly

MLB 2013 Regular Season thread

Tyler Lyons gave up 2 hits to Billy Butler through 7 and that was it for his 2nd major league start... 14 innings, 2 ER, 2 walks, 9 Ks. :yep: Impressive line for the rook, even if his starts came against SD and KC. :shifty:

Only one more game before Michael Wacha takes the mound.

The Pirates had a huge win last night. They shut Detroit out over 11 innings. Neil Walker hit a solo HR in the top of the 11th to give us the only run of the game. In the bottom half, Grilli struck out Torii Hunter, Miguel Cabrera, and Prince Fielder all to get the save. :rock:

A's have won 10/11 of their last games and trail the Rangers by 2.5 games. Mathias SHOOK.

• Upvote 1

Shut down by the Jays' scrubs, Justin has cooled off, Francisco can't make contact, Uggla and Melvin still suck and our pitching is inconsistent outside of Mike Major.

:shifty:

Shut down by the Jays' scrubs, Justin has cooled off, Francisco can't make contact, Uggla and Melvin still suck and our pitching is inconsistent outside of Mike Major.

Yet you've still won 7 of your last 10 and lead the East by 5.5 games.

• Upvote 1

I'm gonna need the Phillies to trade us Cliff Lee. We'll take his salary, you get a C+ prospect.

Rangers need to go 11-0 in the postseason.

I'm gonna need the Phillies to trade us Cliff Lee. We'll take his salary, you get a C+ prospect.

Rangers need to go 11-0 in the postseason.

We'll be gracious enough to eat most of his salary if you give us Profar. :troll:

Indians split against the Reds. I'll take it. Won 7-1 tonight and scored all our runs in the bottom of the fourth with two out.

Starting pitching continues to impress me as Masterson was awesome yesterday and Kazmir had his best start of the season today.

I really hope we at least take two out of three from Tampa Bay this weekend. After Tampa we play nine straight on the road against the Yankees, Tigers, and Rangers. :Suicide:

Dog shit bullpen ruined the debut of Michael Wacha who went 7 innings giving up 1 run and 2 hits. Why the hell was Mitchell Boggs called back up anyway. :Suicide:

Pirates just took 3/4 from the Tigers and now begin a series with the Reds.

Fucking jizzhead Hughes. Throw a damn curve ball idiot. Jackass shit-for-brains.

lawl

Bay's dad is mad. :smug:

The preseason consensus Greatest Team of All-Time is under .500 at the hands of the Atlanta Braves. :smug:

Gerrit Cole may be coming up soon. He's been putting up zeroes in Indy. During his start today, he was still hitting 99 MPH on his fastball as of the 95th pitch. :eek:

We can't win a game beyond 9 innings. Makes me sad, but I suppose it could be a lot worse.

So, Ryan Braun hasn't had any major spikes in stats since entering the league (Just the basic stats. I don't know if there some magical sabermetric out there that proves otherwise). Am I supposed to believe that he's been 'roiding (or whatever he's been taken) since he's been in the league?

Edited by Vin

So, Ryan Braun hasn't had any major spikes in stats since entering the league (Just the basic stats. I don't know if there some magical sabermetric out there that proves otherwise). Am I supposed to believe that he's been 'roiding (or whatever he's been taken) since he's been in the league?

The real question is... Do the roids make that stupid grin of his look even more smug?

I'm pretty pissed that I didn't scoop up Alex Cobb when I had the chance. What a mistake.

Hopefully Perez goes to prison or gets kidnapped by the Cartel after this recent news. Fuck em.

NEW YORK — Struggling in the standings, the Marlins have already been mentioned as a team willing to make moves before the July 31 non-waiver Trade Deadline.For now, the team is not considering dealing two of its top relievers.

According to a league source, the Marlins have told clubs that closer Steve Cishek and hard-throwing lefty Mike Dunn are not available. Both are under club control this season, and reach arbitration next year.

The Marlins, however, are open to dealing starter Ricky Nolasco, who will be a free agent next season. A source says Miami likely would get a mid-level prospect for Nolasco.

Reliever Ryan Webb, in arbitration for the first time, also could be dealt for the right offer. Joe Frisaro

TRADE HIM, TRADE HIM, TRADE HIM.

He'll give you innings, his strikeouts have been up this year, could be a good 4 or 5 for someone.

Well we drafted a good LFer today :shrug:

That got much closer than it should have been... But Shelby gave us a strong outing and delivered his first career home run. Pretty sweet. :rock:

Just saw on MLBN that Adam Wainright has a 14.00 Strikeout to walk ratio... :eek:

Remember when Mathias blew his load when the Rangers were up 7 games on the A's a few weeks back? A's are now back in 1st place. Welp. :yao:

MATHIAS SAD, MAD, AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST... SHOOK!!!

• Upvote 2