Piggly Wiggly

MLB 2013 Regular Season thread

Mark Bowman @mlbbowman

Heyward fractured his right jaw when he was hit by the pitch this afternoon. Likely out 4-6 weeks. #Braves

Well, :( :( :(. Hopefully it's at the low end of that timeframe.

:sweep: the Angels. Still hanging around this wildcard race.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Not going to make a separate thread for this but does anyone else feel like Strasburg is hardly being talked about this season? Sucky Nats or not. With the dominance of Matt Harvey and Jose Fernandez in his own division no less, I hardly see his name anywhere. :shrug:

Way to fuck up your World Series chances last year, dickheads :laugh:

As I say he blows a 4-run lead :rofl: Awesome jinx

Edited by Bay
  • Upvote 1

Matt Harvey torn UCL. Ugh. TJ surgery.

The Pirates traded Dilson Herrera and a player to be named later for Marlon Byrd and Jon Buck.

ESPN

Mariners purchased the contract of RHP Taijuan Walker from Triple-A Tacoma.

Walker will make his major league debut on Friday in Houston, taking the rotation spot vacated by Aaron Harang. One of the top pitching prospects in the game, Walker boasts a 2.93 ERA with 160 strikeouts over 141 1/3 innings between Double- and Triple-A this season. The Mariners might shut him down before the end of the season, but he's worth owning in all leagues until then.

^ Intriguing for fantasy.

And I'm cool with what we got for Byrd and Buck. He (Byrd) wasn't re-signing here anyways and we got a prospect and a lottery ticket for him and Buck. But the Pirates are contending, so I can't blame them at all for making the move.

I think it was a good deal for both sides. The Bucco's needed help in the OF on offense, and Byrd has been great so far in our shitty lineup, and his defense is underrated at RF, IMO. He's a plus defender, especially with his arm, IMO.

Edited by BLUE

Yea, Vic Black could be a good closer or at least a setup man for the Mets pretty soon. I also think the deal works for both sides. I'm glad we got some help on offense. We needed it badly.

First team to 80 wins and a two game cushion on the best record in Senior Circuit. Loving where we're at.

Man, that Liriano. He sucks.

Man, that Liriano. He sucks.

St. Louis getting shut out. :megusta:

The Pirates are headed into September in sole possession of 1st place in the NL Central.

Sorry guys. The Mayans actually meant 2013.

Sometimes looking at our transaction list is painful. :laugh: . Hopefully Joe Kelly can get us back in the W column tomorrow but dude has been so good lately it might just be time for him to get knocked around a little.

BJ Upton walks it off! Magic number at 13.

Also, the Dodgers got Michael Young.

If you are a Braves fan you have to love that the team is now on a roll even without Jason Heyward being in the line-up. Now with 6 wins in a row I'd say they have a rare outside shot at having 3 different 10 game or more win streaks in the same season (I wonder if that has ever happened before?). The Braves are also trying to get ready for the postseason imho by sending Evan Gattis down to AAA to get some regular at-bats (that was one of the announcements on why). Too bad there are only 3 or 4 games left in AAA. I do think that if the Braves advance to the World Series they will need Gattis to hold down a DH spot in the AL parks. He has been slumping lately but is still a dangerous weapon off the bench (I believe 3 pinch homers and a boatload of pinch-walks). Elliot Johnson has been a huge pick up for the Braves (I doubt if he is the only guy the Bravos tried to make a waiver claim on since they have had the best record in baseball of late and ALL other teams must pass on a player for the braves to be able to make a move).

On another note speaking of waiver claims: The Pirates keep getting stronger and stronger. I think their moves this past week make them VERY dangerous. Even though the Cardinals and Reds have more home games left than the Pi-rats things have to be looking good for the Buccos. NL Central definitely has some interesting games ahead.

Yea, they are finally fixing up RF and 1B which have been gigantic holes in the lineup all year.

So much for that Alex Wood August ERA title, Tommy. :yao:

Dumb motherfucker cost me the ERA lead for now. This is serious stuff, man.

Well I just made an error seeing as its September now :shifty:

This is what happens when you do nothing all day

Alex Wood is still a fegit. 7 ER to the Marlins in < 3 IP :rofl:

Edited by Bay

So much for that Alex Wood August ERA title, Tommy. :yao:

It's September 1, bitch.

If only Cardinal starter 1-3 could do to the Pirates what Joe Kelly did today, we'd be in good shape... Alas, that isn't the case... ha. Gooooooo Milwaukee! :D Should be a fun end to the season.

I corrected myself already. so pls.

A's swept the Rays. :sloth:

And this month they play 17 games against the Astros/Twins/Angels. :yao: :yao: :yao:

Pirates win #80!!! Most wins in any season since 1992. Headed toward a winning season and, most importantly, the playoffs. Sole possession of 1st again!

Feels good, man. :megusta: