JetsFan4Life

2013 NBA Playoffs Thread

Perkins had a rough post season, but he is still one of the better defensive big men in the league.

I was of the opinion that Perk was ass long before the Memphis series, I thought he sucked before the playoffs last season.

Perkins can take pretty much anyone out of the game. He might struggle with ZBo, but that's only because ZBo knows how to post against good defense.

At the same time, it doesn't matter who guards him on defense. he takes himself out of the game because he is so awful. Perkins basically handicaps OKC.

Oh, look! Indiana changes up it's lineup, give Copeland and Prigi more load... and win! Who woulda thought it...

At the same time, it doesn't matter who guards him on defense. he takes himself out of the game because he is so awful. Perkins basically handicaps OKC.

IDK about that. When you have two guys who any given night can give you anywhere between 25 to 30+ points a game, eat up a large majority of the team's total possessions, needing any type of offense from your center becomes very unnecessary.

Perkins can take pretty much anyone out of the game. He might struggle with ZBo, but that's only because ZBo knows how to post against good defense.

I don't know what makes you say this. Perk has never been the defensive stopper that everyone has talked him up to be. He bothered Dwight Howard and immediately earned this reputation and it doesn't hold up, especially after getting bullied by good big men night in and night out all season.

^idk about that.. from what I've seen, that man is not just getting by on just reputation.

Anyway, the reffing in this game is so bad. So many phantom calls.

David Lee playing defense is a pleasant surprise though.

Oh, look! Indiana changes up it's lineup, give Copeland and Prigi more load... and win! Who woulda thought it...

If George Hill plays the Pacers probably win. He makes that team go and is one of the more underrated players in the league.

^idk about that.. from what I've seen, that man is not just getting by on just reputation.

Anyway, the reffing in this game is so bad. So many phantom calls.

David Lee playing defense is a pleasant surprise though.

Lots of calls in favor of SA last night, and it was absurd. Thank you, Joey Crawford. Please retire from officiating you biased Stern-puppet.

• Downvote 3

I'm not going to try to say that Crawford isn't a terrible ref, but he does not like the Spurs.

Also, are you also saying that David Stern would rather have the new popular star of these playoffs out in game 6 rather than have him for a game 7/more rounds?

• Upvote 2

If George Hill plays the Pacers probably win. He makes that team go and is one of the more underrated players in the league.

Even with George Hill, if the Knicks can score 85-90 points a night, which is well bellow their season average, they pretty much would beat the Pacers. The offense even with Hill is still prone to a lot of turnovers, and mediocre offensive production.

Even with George Hill, if the Knicks can score 85-90 points a night, which is well bellow their season average, they pretty much would beat the Pacers. The offense even with Hill is still prone to a lot of turnovers, and mediocre offensive production.

They are not prone to near as many turnovers with Hill in. And he averages what 17 PPG or something? For a team that scores in the 80s you're talking about almost a QUARTER of the offense. Mediocre or not that's a big chunk.

Lots of calls in favor of SA last night, and it was absurd. Thank you, Joey Crawford. Please retire from officiating you biased Stern-puppet.

LOL. Joey Crawford is probably the most hated man (other than Fisher) by Spurs fans. Gotta be kidding me if you think Crawford or STERN would try and favor the Spurs.

Spurs deserved that win and deserved that series. Kawhi SHUT DOWN Klay and Danny Green was amazing on Steph when they were matched up.

Going to be an entirely different beast against Memphis. Tim and Tiago are great on post defense, but they have their hands full with Zach and Gasol.

Hey guys, do you remember that time when the Grizzlies weren't going to do anything of importance after trading Rudy Gay?

• Upvote 1

They are not prone to near as many turnovers with Hill in. And he averages what 17 PPG or something? For a team that scores in the 80s you're talking about almost a QUARTER of the offense. Mediocre or not that's a big chunk.

Where Hill was missed the most was on defense imo, DJ scored 4 less points then Hill averages in the playoffs. But Hill covered Felton most of the time, Copeland and JR Smith were the ones doing most of the damage.

And the Pacers turned the ball over at the 4th highest rate in the NBA in the regular season. With or without Hill they turn the ball over a ton.

LOL. Joey Crawford is probably the most hated man (other than Fisher) by Spurs fans. Gotta be kidding me if you think Crawford or STERN would try and favor the Spurs.

Spurs deserved that win and deserved that series. Kawhi SHUT DOWN Klay and Danny Green was amazing on Steph when they were matched up.

Going to be an entirely different beast against Memphis. Tim and Tiago are great on post defense, but they have their hands full with Zach and Gasol.

I'm rooting for the Spurs, but if Parker and Manu aren't as close to 100% as possible, they might not stand a chance. Memphis excels at stopping the pick and roll/pop.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Guest Phailadelphia

Where Hill was missed the most was on defense imo, DJ scored 4 less points then Hill averages in the playoffs. But Hill covered Felton most of the time, Copeland and JR Smith were the ones doing most of the damage.

And the Pacers turned the ball over at the 4th highest rate in the NBA in the regular season. With or without Hill they turn the ball over a ton.

I'm rooting for the Spurs, but if Parker and Manu aren't as close to 100% as possible, they might not stand a chance. Memphis excels at stopping the pick and roll/pop.

Manu has't been 100% since what, 2010? It's like he has Alzheimer's and gets progressively more lost on the basketball court as the years drag on. I wonder if he'll retire after the season's over.

That made my day, Bware.

Now Joey Crawford and David Stern are PRO-SPURS?

:rofl:

• Upvote 1

Manu has't been 100% since what, 2010? It's like he has Alzheimer's and gets progressively more lost on the basketball court as the years drag on. I wonder if he'll retire after the season's over.

I actually never noticed that... I just figured he had something wrong with his leg or something... Haha.

Manu has been fantastic these playoffs.

Yeah, his shooting % is down the drain, but his passing and creativity have been amazing and it brings a huge dimension to the Spurs system. He has actually been pretty damn good on defense these playoffs too.

I agree though, he gets injured so much and it is painful to see sometimes. Easily a hall of fame player but I hope he can get one more ring before he retires.

Edited by The Admiral

George Hill is playing. Thank God. The much better team is going to come out of this series, for sure now.

I'm just glad that the better team won this series, even though they were without their extremely underrated PG for a game.

...If you say so...

Explain how the Knicks are a better team.

You do realize that if Indiana didn't have a guy who averaged 9 points per game in the playoffs and regular go off for 25 points, the Kicks woulda probably beat the Pacers by double digit points... right?

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F