Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

ESPN's post draft rankings

A little late, but... Long hair don't care...

Top 10:

1. Seattle

2. 49ers

3. Broncos

4. Falcons

5. Packers

6. Patriots

7. Texans

8. Ravens

9. Bengals

10. Colts

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

Browns are pretty underrated imo.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Think the Vikings are a bit underrated (if not only by a few spots), but please don't regard that stance as fan bias.

I wont lie, I am secretly hoping Seattle falls flat on their face. Russel Wilson was not this spectacular QB people think he was. Now if he comes out this year and is actually spectacular I will happily give him the credit he deserves but he has done nothing amazing imo.

Saying they are the best team in the league right now is ludicrous imo.

I believe the Ravens are about where they should be. We lost a lot, but we also gained a lot. If the chemistry takes until week 8 to develop we could have a rough one, if they gel immediately we leapfrog about 4 or 5 spaces imo.

I think most if it is just following their big FA signings. Plus they got quite a few high ceiling players in the draft. Though whether all these new additions perform is a totally different story.

I think most if it is just following their big FA signings. Plus they got quite a few high ceiling players in the draft. Though whether all these new additions perform is a totally different story.

I mean realistically you could argue that with about ten teams though. With much more complete teams and better QB's I guess is what I am trying to say.

The Saints aren't too high. They could knock off Atlanta and if they do they'll have either the 1st or 2nd seed in the playoffs. The Saints offense with Payton back will be as dangerous as ever and their defense just CAN'T be as bad as it was last year.

I think the Saints are fine. I can see them easily being back in contention this year with Sean Payton back.

Edited by dutchff7

I wont lie, I am secretly hoping Seattle falls flat on their face. Russel Wilson was not this spectacular QB people think he was. Now if he comes out this year and is actually spectacular I will happily give him the credit he deserves but he has done nothing amazing imo.

Completely agree here.

And about the Saints, I think they will win 7 or 8 games, but it won't be good enough for the playoffs. Their defense is switching to the 3-4 and will struggle a lot once again, IMO. Also, the Bucs and Panthers aren't getting any worse. The NFC South is going to be crazy this year.

Think the Vikings are a bit underrated (if not only by a few spots), but please don't regard that stance as fan bias.

As much as it pains me to say it, I agree with you, it's not bias at all.

My opinion on AP and the offense hasn't changed, but the Vikings had a pretty tough schedule last year and it didn't stop them from going 4-2 in the division. I see no reason why they can't repeat their success, unless AP's fall back to earth and nobody else steps up on that offense. All they did was improve on defense... The ILB thing is still a mystery but still.

I believe the Ravens are about where they should be. We lost a lot, but we also gained a lot. If the chemistry takes until week 8 to develop we could have a rough one, if they gel immediately we leapfrog about 4 or 5 spaces imo.

I won't lie. I think you're right. Even with as big of a Seahawks homer as I am I think all this 'best team in the league' stuff is way premature. We had a good year last year and we had an amazing free agency and draft. I'd rank us a top ten team definitely. I'd even see making an arguement for top 5, but #1? Not yet. We have to prove we can get past the Niners first. Wilson has to prove he can keep playing at a high level. We need all our new guys to gel and we have to hope switching DCs won't set our defense back. There's a lot of question marks against us, but we're definitely well on our way as a team.

I will, however, register my surprise at how many of you are hoping for us to fail. I don't get it. Just because we're being hyped for the first time ever we deserve to crash and burn? I can't figure out why so many people hate us just because we're finally doing well.

Edited by Jayrus

I will, however, register my surprise at how many of you are hoping for us to fail. I don't get it. Just because we're being hyped for the first time ever we deserve to crash and burn? I can't figure out why so many people hate us just because we're finally doing well.

Do you get tired few hearing about Tebow to the point where you could not stand that guy ?

What about Rex Ryan guaranteeing the Superbowl, did that shit get old ?

Does hearing every year that the pats are SB favorites just because of Tom Brady get old ?

Surely you see the point I am making here.

Do you get tired few hearing about Tebow to the point where you could not stand that guy ?

Does hearing every year that the pats are SB favorites just because of Tom Brady get old ?

I see. It's not the team you hate per se but the pointless hype surrounding it. So you want us to either prove we deserve the hype (which I hope to god we will) or crash and burn to end it once and for all.

I certainly have been guilty of that thought process, and against the persons you mentioned even. If I couldn't recognize the sentiment just because it was against my team I guess I'm even more of a homer than I thought.

I think the Seahawks are ranked right where they should be. Russell Wilson doesn't have to be great by any means because the offense is loaded with talent, and it's run first anyway. As long as that's the case, he's pretty safe.

They have a top 5 defense, arguably top 3. And they added talent while hardly losing any.

The field tells everything until then...

RHsO2tg.gif

I see. It's not the team you hate per se but the pointless hype surrounding it. So you want us to either prove we deserve the hype (which I hope to god we will) or crash and burn to end it once and for all.

I certainly have been guilty of that thought process, and against the persons you mentioned even. If I couldn't recognize the sentiment just because it was against my team I guess I'm even more of a homer than I thought.

That is exactly it.

I dont hate the team there is no one on the team I loathe or anything. I am just tired of all the hype.

Like I said if they prove it then fine, but until then lets pump the brakes.

That is exactly it.

I dont hate the team there is no one on the team I loathe or anything. I am just tired of all the hype.

That is exactly it.

I'm tired of the Seahawks hype myself, but they do have a nice roster. I can't put them over the 49ers yet though.

The Colts are in no way a top 10 team, lol. Luck is going to be good, but they had a pretty soft schedule last year. I think they overspent on a ton of mediocre talent in FA and I'm not sure they can repeat last year just yet.

I think the Vikings are underranked and the Redskins and Rams are overranked. I really don't want to be a homer, but I think the Bucs should be higher than 19th too. Maybe by only a few spots, but 19 feels too low.

Literally the only thing holding the Vikings and the Bucs from being top 10 teams are their QB situations. Both teams' QBs have flashes of good, and then streaks of bad. Honestly, if Ponder and Freeman just play at a level capable of taking a sufficient load off of the RBs (*cough* game manager *cough*), both teams could contend with most if not every team in the NFL. I honestly think both of them should be higher.

Literally the only thing holding the Vikings and the Bucs from being top 10 teams are their QB situations. Both teams' QBs have flashes of good, and then streaks of bad. Honestly, if Ponder and Freeman just play at a level capable of taking a sufficient load off of the RBs (*cough* game manager *cough*), both teams could contend with most if not every team in the NFL. I honestly think both of them should be higher.

I think our lack of pass rush is a concern too, we haven't had a player with double digit sacks since Simeon Rice in 2005 and have been at the bottom of the league in sacks like every year since then too lol. The hope is Da'Quan Bowers finally steps up to that role this year.

As for the Vikings, I think they are just a QB away from being Super Bowl contenders.

The Seahawks hype is out of control. Holy shit. :laugh:

Guarantee you they regress next season.

Hating a team and hoping a guy fails because the media loves the team is a silly excuse to hate a team in my opinion.

It's just a list doesn't mean it's what will play out on the field.

The Tebow thing only bothers me because the media acts like he is some great player being wronged when he isn't any good.

No the Rex Ryan thing didn't bother me and no the Brady being able to QB the Patriots to a SB doesn't bother me either.

Edited by Sacks98

I think the Rams have a legit shot at #2 in the NFC West. Depending on Sam Bradford putting it together, but their defense is already arguably a top 10 one.

Leave it to the Raiders to draft a kid who almost died just months ago and now has a heart that may not even allow him to be productive and/or have a healthy career from the gate.. Al Davis making picks from the grave lol.. Passed up on Sharrif Floyd for Haden? Waste of a first round pick imo.. Atleast they did well on Sio Moore