Sign in to follow this  
Jules

Why isn't Tebow on the Jags!

Why isn't Tebow on the Jags? He has no talent....

Oh wait... That proves why he should be on the Jags. Damn it, you win this time OP.

• Upvote 1

Lol I know it doesn't prove anything. I'm just messing around. Tebow didn't get a real opportunity with the Jets. Getting sent to the Jets helped damage his career along with the Tebowmaniacs.

I agree with you dutch 100%. It was a wasted trade IMO. Im not a Tebowmaniac, but I do feel the guy deserved better. I mean who else have you ever really seen have success like Tebow did in Denver, and not get a chance to succeed in his following season. Cassell did wonders for the Pats when Brady went down in '08 and was rewarded with a 1 year contract worth over $14 million, the largest 1 year contract for an offensive player in NFL history. lol. Then later the following offseason he was traded to KC, where he failed big time. But.. at least he got the chance to fail on his own instead of being FORCED to fail, like Tebow was. Timmy got shafted by both Denver and the Jets.

• Upvote 1

Why isn't Tebow on the Jags? He has no talent....

Oh wait... That proves why he should be on the Jags. Damn it, you win this time OP.

:yep:

;)

I agree with you dutch 100%. It was a wasted trade IMO. Im not a Tebowmaniac, but I do feel the guy deserved better. I mean who else have you ever really seen have success like Tebow did in Denver, and not get a chance to succeed in his following season. Cassell did wonders for the Pats when Brady went down in '08 and was rewarded with a 1 year contract worth over $14 million, the largest 1 year contract for an offensive player in NFL history. lol. Then later the following offseason he was traded to KC, where he failed big time. But.. at least he got the chance to fail on his own instead of being FORCED to fail, like Tebow was. Timmy got shafted by both Denver and the Jets.

It does seem a bit sad at times...how it all went down. It's the nature of the business but still....

I am not a Tebowmaniac either but I find it interesting.

Poor Timmy. From hero to zero. Such is life. :(

It does seem a bit sad at times...how it all went down. It's the nature of the business but still....

I am not a Tebowmaniac either but I find it interesting.

Poor Timmy. From hero to zero. Such is life. :(

It does, but like you said...its part of the bizz! It is what it is! :)

If Tebow is truly done in the NFL, he has no one to blame but himself. By refusing to not play any other position but QB, he's severely limiting his opportunities. I find it hard to believe that no teams out there would try him out at another position.

Basically this. If he is too stubborn or proud to work with the coaches to see how else he can help a football team (or make a team) to experiment to play other positions then he may not value the opportunity to play in the NFL. I would try to fulfill and play any role that the coaches as me to. Most of them do seem to have an eye for talent after all..

I'm sure they said the same thing about Rich Gannon.

If Tebow is truly done in the NFL, he has no one to blame but himself. By refusing to not play any other position but QB, he's severely limiting his opportunities. I find it hard to believe that no teams out there would try him out at another position.

There was a recent report stating that multiple teams wanted him at TE. :yep:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000165500/article/tim-tebow-reportedly-attracted-interest-as-tight-end

Why wouldn't that be the route to pursue for Tebow? Do you think any other NFL team will pick him up in '13 to play QB? I'll tell you one thing, thats some VERY good advise from a guy who has been in the same boat as Tebow, and honestly I think Tebow has much more talent and potential than Flutie had. Wouldn't you agree? Now if Tebow is hell-bent on playing QB then the CFL, IS.. his only realistic option for him. I personally think it would be better for him to consider a position change and remain in the NFL. Maybe HB/FB or TE? Then again, I'm not a QB, and they have a much different mentality about position changes than other players and see it as a huge step down. But the developmental leagues worked for Flutie, Moon, Warner and Garcia and it would more than likely work for Tebow too. Now to say Tebow would be pushing 30 when trying to re-enter the NFL in a few years makes absolutely no sense, cause for one...Moon, Warner and Garcia were all pushing 30 upon re-entering the NFL and all 3 went on to have success, ESP Warner and Moon. Flutie not so much, but he was well into his 30's when he signed with Buffalo in '98. IMHO, Tebow can make it the NFL! He's not a total failure like most think or say he is! :)

you do have a point, at the very least it's pretty clear now that he's not getting a shot to play QB in the NFL, so he could do a lot worse than building a decent career in the CFL, but I'm not sure that would get him the attention he wants, then there's this: Warren Moon -- Tim Tebow throwing will not cut it in CFL - ESPN to summarize Moon's commentary: the CFL is not somewhere you go to improve your throwing mechanics, it's just a place to get an opportunity to showcase what you already have when the NFL doesn't want you, Flutie was doubted based on his height, Moon because he's black and it was the late 70s, neither went to Canada because they couldn't throw the ball well enough to play in the NFL

also, the Montreal Alouettes, who own Tebow's CFL rights, have said he's welcome to come and compete for their backup QB spot, so he wouldn't be stepping into a starting role, or even a shot at a starting role, in the CFL either

FTR, ages when (re-)entering the NFL: Moon: 28; Warner: 27; Garcia (who I actually didn't realize spent four years in Canada): 29, so you're right, Tebow would be right around where those guys were entering the league, and we can't ignore the fact that a 28 year old QB was drafted this year, so that was not the best commentary on my part, sorry, I put that post together pretty quickly

Precisely why they should have kept Tebow, too. They could have Manning get them through the regular season, and then bring in a proven playoff winner come playoff time.

:rofl: imagine the rioting in Denver when (not if) Tebow lost a playoff game with Manning healthy on the bench, you don't change your QB between the regular season and the playoffs anyway but especially not when the regular season QB is a future first ballot HOFer, you're just setting yourself up for a PR nightmare

Edited by oochymp

I'll just say this:

The Jacksonville Jaguars don't need and will never need Tebow, period. End of story.

I propose to TGP the "Tebow Rule." Any talk of one Timothy Tebow is an insta-bannable offense.

Just an over-glorified college football superstar hyped up because of his strong Christianity beliefs...

3oieyg.jpg

Free agent Tim Tebow's father disputes an ESPN The Magazine report that his son's NFL career is likely over.

"You are old enough to not believe all you hear," Bob Tebow said. Members of Tebow's "camp" reportedly "privately admitted" that the 25-year-old's NFL career was over. We're not quite ready to close the book on Tebow, but he hasn't drawn any interest since the Jets cut him at the end of April.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

^

This is like the official Tebow thread here now on these forums! :party::p

Edited by Jules

Cause he is on the Patriots!!!!

:corn: :corn: :corn: :corn:

• Upvote 1