Sign in to follow this  
.AirMcNair.

Update: MJD won't be chargeed in assault case

Maurice Jones-Drew was enjoying “Reggae Sundays” at the Conch House in St. Augustine, Florida when one of his friends reportedly got handsy with a female. Security at the restaurant told MJD’s friend to relax, but he didn’t, and that’s when security intervened.

Next thing you know, MJD’s friend is in a headlock. MJD, a rocked-up 5-foot-7, 210 pound bowling ball, is alleged to have knocked out – with one punch – the security guard who had his friend in a headlock.

After the incident, the security guard spoke with police — and cops noted that the guy’s jaw was “swollen a great deal and had a large lump on his jaw bone.

MJD has not been arrested. It’ll be interesting to see if there’s video of the incident. My guess is MJD throws a nasty right hook. Or uppercut. Or jab. Look at the arms on that guy.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/05/28/maurice-jones-drew-knocked-out-a-security-guard-with-one-punch-at-reggae-sundays-at-a-florida-restaurant-sunday/

Edited by BLUE

Per Rotoworld.com:

Updating an earlier item, Maurice Jones-Drew has yet to be charged in his misdemeanor battery case, but the investigation is "ongoing."

Jones-Drew's agent insists he's innocent. "Maurice was there and was not involved," MJD's rep said. "As soon as an altercation broke out, Maurice exited the premises." It sounds like charges could still be filed, but they won't be serious. While any off-the-field incident is an unwanted distraction, MJD's appears unlikely to develop into a major issue. May 28 - 3:17 PM

Source: Ryan O'Halloran on Twitter

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h

Maurice Jones-Drew’s agent, Adisa Bakari, said St. Augstine police about to issue new release saying no charges filed against MJD.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h

Adisa Bakari: “Maurice was there and was not involved. As soon as an altercation broke out, Maurice exited the premises."

Looks like he's in the clear :yep:

Guest Phailadelphia

I know he's cleared, but can we talk for a minute about how painful it'd be to take a punch to the dome from someone that size? Or any NFL player. These guys are benching probably 500 lbs minimum not to mention probably 400-500 lb power cleans (or even heavier). Imagine the kind of force and power behind that punch. Fuck me it hurts just thinking about it.

Especially being that he is so compact. I am sure he packs quite the punch... I wonder if there is video. Is he just being cleared because or is he being cleared because he didn't actually do anything?

Chance Warmack is such a lock for the HoF that players are already starting to copy his style, with Kyle Love(at 1:26) trying to copy the "stomach hanging out" fashion trend. :yep:

6_647945.jpg

At least it wasn't his wife.

I know he's cleared, but can we talk for a minute about how painful it'd be to take a punch to the dome from someone that size? Or any NFL player. These guys are benching probably 500 lbs minimum not to mention probably 400-500 lb power cleans (or even heavier). Imagine the kind of force and power behind that punch. Fuck me it hurts just thinking about it.

Ask Shawne Merriman

:troll:

My take on the incident (Just my opinion) is that someone in MJD’s crew hit the bouncer. MJD’s name got mentioned because he is a football player and nobody at the restaurant probably knew the name of his friends. MJD and his lawyer have more to loose by lying and saying it was not him. If some video comes out and shows MJD hitting the guy he will look like a fool for lying and not just admitting what happened. If the video comes out and shows that MJD in fact DID NOT hit him and it was someone in his group then the lawyer is still happy because now its in the media.

Just a bunch of hype to bring attention to the incident and his client. The guy got hit one time reportedly and his Lawyer makes it sound like he was brutally beat down. As I said just a bunch of hype to make it sound bigger that it really is! Besides if there is actually video evidence of MJD sucker punching this guy...wouldn’t it have been released and gone viral by now? :nonono:

My take on the incident (Just my opinion) is that someone in MJD’s crew hit the bouncer. MJD’s name got mentioned because he is a football player and nobody at the restaurant probably knew the name of his friends. MJD and his lawyer have more to loose by lying and saying it was not him. If some video comes out and shows MJD hitting the guy he will look like a fool for lying and not just admitting what happened. If the video comes out and shows that MJD in fact DID NOT hit him and it was someone in his group then the lawyer is still happy because now its in the media.

Just a bunch of hype to bring attention to the incident and his client. The guy got hit one time reportedly and his Lawyer makes it sound like he was brutally beat down. As I said just a bunch of hype to make it sound bigger that it really is! Besides if there is actually video evidence of MJD sucker punching this guy...wouldn’t it have been released and gone viral by now? :nonono:

These were my exact thoughts on this matter too. MJD wasn't even worried about it, he's already back in Miami rehabbing. He's gotta drop a ton of weight it looks like too :rofl:

These were my exact thoughts on this matter too. MJD wasn't even worried about it, he's already back in Miami rehabbing. He's gotta drop a ton of weight it looks like too :rofl:

Welp. After doing more looking into the situation. I gotta say now that I'm leaning towards MJD really did punch the guy and it got caught on camera. He's refused to talk to the Police Department and the case got passed to the state attorney without a statement from MJD. Meaning he didn't even defend himself. Not to mention the guy taking on the defendant's case is a reputable (wait what?) lawyer who doesn't take on cases he can't win. Looks bad for MJD. Not sure what would happen, suspension by the team or not. League won't be able to do anything I believe since it's his first offense, but I'm not sure on that either. So now MJD is overweight, coming off a lisfranc, and is likely guilty of battery...

I gotta say. It wouldn't completely shock me if he's cut now. I don't think anyone would trade for him, but if they would, I'd go ahead and make the deal. He's gone after this year (FA) anyways it seems.

Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew will not be charged with misdemeanor assault, according to a report by Vic Micolucci of WJXT in Jacksonville.

The state attorneys office has decided against pursuing charges against the Jaguars running back, which means outside of a potential civil trial, but Jones-Drew can now move on without having to deal with the legal battle during the offseason. This does not necessarily mean there was an out-of-court settlement on the case, it means the state attorney's office didn't feel there was enough evidence to pursue a charge.

Jones-Drew was accused of punching a security guard at The Conch House restaurant after the security guard allegedly got Jones-Drew's friend in a headlock. Jones-Drew left the scene prior to law enforcement arriving and was not immediately charged with misdemeanor battery.

Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew avoided misdemeanor battery charges stemming from a fight at The Conch House in St. Augustine, Fla. over Memorial Day weekend. Jones-Drew allegedly punched a security guard in the face, knocking him unconscious and the left the scene before police could arrive.

It's clear from the video why the case was dropped by the State Attorney's office, as you can't really see much going on other than security guards and/or bouncers of The Conch House trying to restrain someone and Maurice Jones-Drew talking a bit and walking away. There is no clear evidence a punch was thrown by Jones-Drew.

Great evidence bro :rofl:

He's going to be an awesome HC. I'm happy with Chip Kelly but Gus Bradley is going to have a lot of success in the NFL. He's creative and he's a great motivator. Jags are going places.

• Upvote 1

Haha someone fucked with MJD. Post the pics of the jaw when they go viral.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Maurice Jones-Drew is unlikely to be suspended for his alleged role in a May nightclub fracas.

We're unsure how this even became a storyline, as MJD was never charged with a crime, and had no previous history of off-the-field issues. The "incident" amounted to little more than some confusing surveillance footage. There's a zero percent chance MJD will be suspended. In the final stages of his recovery from Lisfranc surgery, Jones-Drew expects to be ready for training camp next month.

Source: NFL.com