DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Offseason thread

Guest Phailadelphia

gif

I can't stop watching. The Rockets mascot threw that cake with some real force.

I wonder if Asik will continue to develop offensively wherever he goes :(.

As a Bulls fan, I'm PO'ed that we didn't get a chance at Reddick. Now all I want is Nick Young, and another backup Center

ROCKETS BUYING A CHAMPIONSHIP GUYS, LETS ALL IRRATIONALLY HATE ON THEM FROM NOW ON.

Signing 1 player is not the same as 3.

• Downvote 4

Well apparently Howard is waffling, but the rockets would be getting josh smith and Howard. Adding that to the star they have in James harden...

Yea..

@Chris_Broussard

Source: D12 has landed in LA & told Lakers it's 50-50 btwn them and the Rockets. He's having 2nd thoughts about leaving $30 mill on table

Majic-Johnson-Confused-Popcorn-Gif.gif

Signing 1 player is not the same as 3.

I knew you would spin this some sorta way. The Heat signed 2 players, if you remember correctly Wade was already part of the team...

I have to say, I'm so happy to watch all this Dwight drama unfold and know it no longer effects the Magic. He had some great times here, but this indecision over two years is such a joke and I'm happy to move on with a new core players.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m

Los Angeles issued a statement saying that Howard informed Kupchak of his decision "to not return to the Lakers."

Rockets it is!

Edited by BradyFan81

Wonder if they S&T for Josh Smith now like everyone's been saying. THAT would be one heck of a team to watch. Asik is definitely gone, and Lin also may be gone.

Edited by BradyFan81

They have to teach smith how to be smarter about shots. I think Houston might be the team to do it though.

I must admit I was getting nervous/scared there for a sec... :unsure:

Oh well it's over now! Welcome to H-Town Dwight! You made the right choice. :yep:

I think the Rockets are better off trading Asik to the Pelicans for Ryan Anderson. He is the kind of stretch four that Dwight really benefits from and vice versa, plus they already have plenty of experience with each other from their times in Orlando. The Rockets need to try and copy what the Magic did with Dwight but with better players. Shooters and spacing and you may see that same unstoppable Dwight.

• Upvote 2

I think the Rockets are better off trading Asik to the Pelicans for Ryan Anderson. He is the kind of stretch four that Dwight really benefits from and vice versa, plus they already have plenty of experience with each other from their times in Orlando. The Rockets need to try and copy what the Magic did with Dwight but with better players. Shooters and spacing and you may see that same unstoppable Dwight.

I'm not a huge Anderson fan, and I admit that I think we have a player in Terrence Jones who has the potential to be a stretch four with twice the athleticism of Anderson, as long as we don't trade him.

Atlanta, if they're going to lose JSmoove, is foolish not pursue a S&T that lands them Asik and allows Horford to play the 4.

EDIT: Check that, Atlanta just signed Millsap, which must mean they're willing to let Smoove walk.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Potentially a very good signing for the Rockets. Howard is a big upgrade on Asik. Not sure where Asik will go, or Lin for that matter, but if they can pull off a sign and trade to get Josh Smith as well then they could become a serious threat in the west.

I'm not a huge Anderson fan, and I admit that I think we have a player in Terrence Jones who has the potential to be a stretch four with twice the athleticism of Anderson, as long as we don't trade him.

Atlanta, if they're going to lose JSmoove, is foolish not pursue a S&T that lands them Asik and allows Horford to play the 4.

EDIT: Check that, Atlanta just signed Millsap, which must mean they're willing to let Smoove walk.

Anderson is a proven scorer and rebounder, he hits more 3s than about anyone in the league and is a sneaky post player at times. He's perfect to play next to Dwight. I'd rather have him than pay Josh Smith like a star to jack up stupid shots and bring another bad attitude to the locker room.

JSmoove is an above a average player who's saving grace is his defense and rebounding. Only reason I think he'd be a good addition to the Rockets is because him and Howard on defense could make them almost top notch on that side of the ball regardless of how well the back court plays....

Anderson is a much better fit for Howard though.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Guest Phailadelphia

I'm with DMac and others on this. Anderson would be such a great fit for Houston. Dwight would have more floor spacing than he'd know what to do with and the 3-pt shooting of Harden, Anderson, Parsons + anyone else would be insane scoring numbers. Only issue that still remains with this team (imo) is the defense. Dwight can't fix that perimeter by himself. It's what will ultimately doom them versus teams like OKC and San Antonio, who can play equal offense but MUCH better defense.

Edited by Phailadelphia

I'm with DMac and others on this. Anderson would be such a great fit for Houston. Dwight would have more floor spacing than he'd know what to do with and the 3-pt shooting of Harden, Anderson, Parsons + anyone else would be insane scoring numbers. Only issue that still remains with this team (imo) is the defense. Dwight can't fix that perimeter by himself. It's what will ultimately doom them versus teams like OKC and San Antonio, who can play equal offense but MUCH better defense.

The Magic were top 5 in the league in defense nearly every year despite having perimeter players consisting of guys like Jameer Nelson, Hedo Turkoglu, Rashard Lewis, the corpse of Vince Carter, Jason Richardson and Gilbert Arenas. The only quality defensive guys we had during those days were just role players like Mickael Pietrus, Courtney Lee and Matt Barnes. If Dwight plays like his pre-Dwightmare self, the Rockets will have an elite defense despite having weaker defensive players in the perimeter. He is just that good, or was at least. It is no guarantee he plays at that level again, but it isn't crazy considering he can put the injuries and drama behind him.

@WojYahooNBA wrote:

Josh Smith has agreed to a four year, $56 million deal with the Detroit Pistons, league sources tell Y! Sports.

bth_jackie-chan-wtf-meme.jpg

SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!! PLEASE HOLD ME!!! MY LIFE IS OVER!!!!!

OMG. If we trade Moose. OMG!!!

As it stands, Houston is now potentially better than OKC. Houston actually has a bench. The Harden trade only works out for OKC if Brooks isn't a moron and actually gives Lamb and PJ3 minutes.

If neither sees the floor this coming season, the Thunder are in trouble for bench points.

Who I think Houston should pursue at the 4 spot, now:

carl-landry-pic.jpg

I would also like OKC to pursue him for bench points.

Are the Rockets really better now than OKC, SA, LAC or GS?

Not really.