DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Offseason thread

With Dallas: Rondo for Larkin + 3 1st rounders + some expiring

With NY Knicks: Rondo for Shumpert + 3 1st rounders + expiring

#2014Wiggins/Parker/Randle/Gordon

Edited by BradyFan81

I'm a huge supporter of the Pacers because they play basketball the right way. They're tough, both mentally and physically. They're skilled. They play team ball, and best of all, they're composed on the court.

This really isn't earth shattering stuff here. There's other squads out there that play team ball and that are tough. Doesn't mean that you should blow your load over them... just over playing basketball ''the right way'' lol.

Half of the Ts handed out to them in the Heat series weren't deserved.

Half of the fouls/techs handed out to any team that played the Heat weren't deserved.

/Bwarelogic

And that is why they're great, why they'll always give the Heat hell. A team has to be absolutely fantastic in order to beat them in a series. They're built to win, and they get better by the year. Don't be surprised if they beat Miami next year. Is it likely? No. But it could definitely happen, and I don't think any of the remaining East teams are even close to Miami and Indiana.

Too bad they don't give out rings for moral victories. Just because Indiana plays Miami tough doesn't mean they're ''great''. Like Milla mentioned, they just match up well with the Heat. The Pacers aren't world beaters. Good team, but you're overrating the shit out of them because they gave the Heat some fits.

Pacers should definitely hang a ''Took The Heat To 7 Games'' banner, though. :yao:

With Dallas: Rondo for Larkin + 3 1st rounders + some expiring

With NY Knicks: Rondo for Shumpert + 3 1st rounders + expiring

#2014Wiggins/Parker/Randle/Gordon

Dallas has no big expiring contracts besides Dirk and yeah we know thats not happening. Knicks have no expiring contracts at all.

I'm a huge supporter of the Pacers because they play basketball the right way. They're tough, both mentally and physically. They're skilled. They play team ball, and best of all, they're composed on the court. Half of the Ts handed out to them in the Heat series weren't deserved. To me, they represent what basketball is, at its core.

And that is why they're great, why they'll always give the Heat hell. A team has to be absolutely fantastic in order to beat them in a series. They're built to win, and they get better by the year. Don't be surprised if they beat Miami next year. Is it likely? No. But it could definitely happen, and I don't think any of the remaining East teams are even close to Miami and Indiana.

I really don't understand this team ball stuff you keep saying about the Pacers. They turned the ball over a ton.

They were one of the league's worst at picking up assists, and their starting five spent more time on the court then almost any other starting 5 in the league. Their bench players accounted for the second least amount of offensive input of any team in the league. That same bench squad is either in the bottom 5 or last in every category.

The defense as a whole is only great because anybody who goes inside has to deal with Hibbert, so they go balls to the wall on defending the 3, and are allowed to be super aggressive with drivers and perimeter players. When Hibbert is off the court they allow a whole bunch more points per possessions.

They are pretty much the Memphis Grizzlies of the East until (if) Paul George turns into a better player.

The Bulls if healthy with a healthy Rose are better then IND, if the Knicks can get STAT to revert to the old are in the same tier as the Pacers, and the Nets on paper can probably go toe to toe with any of those teams any given night now.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I really don't understand this team ball stuff you keep saying about the Pacers. They turned the ball over a ton.

They were one of the league's worst at picking up assists, and their starting five spent more time on the court then almost any other starting 5 in the league. Their bench players accounted for the second least amount of offensive input of any team in the league. That same bench squad is either in the bottom 5 or last in every category.

The defense as a whole is only great because anybody who goes inside has to deal with Hibbert, so they go balls to the wall on defending the 3, and are allowed to be super aggressive with drivers and perimeter players. When Hibbert is off the court they allow a whole bunch more points per possessions.

They are pretty much the Memphis Grizzlies of the East until (if) Paul George turns into a better player.

The Bulls if healthy with a healthy Rose are better then IND, if the Knicks can get STAT to revert to the old are in the same tier as the Pacers, and the Nets on paper can probably go toe to toe with any of those teams any given night now.

Well the Pacers don't really have a PG and the guy that usually runs the position is more a shoot first guy that is not good at creating shots for others. So I can see the turnover part and assist being down. They have DJ Augustin, but they rarely use him.

ALSO:

Chris Paul's representatives have told teams not to even bother pursuing the point guard when free agency begins at 12:01 a.m. ET Monday because he will re-sign with the Los Angeles Clippers, according to league sources. ESPN.com

Edited by Bucman

I don't want to trade Rondo. Fuck off Mavs and Knicks.

I'm a huge supporter of the Pacers because they play basketball the right way. They're tough, both mentally and physically. They're skilled. They play team ball, and best of all, they're composed on the court. Half of the Ts handed out to them in the Heat series weren't deserved. To me, they represent what basketball is, at its core.

Bullshit. That all describes the Heat too. You are a huge supporter of the Pacers because they're the best team in the east that isn't the Heat.

• Upvote 1

Bullshit. That all describes the Heat too. You are a huge supporter of the Pacers because they're the best team in the east that isn't the Heat.

If you haven't figured out yet, Bware hates the Heat because they "purchased" talent. Heat play great team ball and some amazing D.

If you haven't figured out yet, Bware hates the Heat because they "purchased" talent. Heat play great team ball and some amazing D.

You can only play basketball the right way if your talent is home grown. Moral victories are more important than actual championships, too.

/Bwarelogic

Guest Phailadelphia

Did I mention that I really like that the Thunder landed Andre Roberson?

Me too. But I really want to see Jeremy Lamb get minutes this season. I watched his D-league highlights and the dude definitely has a lot of talent, plus DailyThunder has been talking him up all year.

I hate the Heat probably more than anyone here and it isn't because of LeBron or the big 3, but because they are in state rivals of the Magic and I've always hated them, long before they got LeBron. But I give credit where credit is due and the Heat FO has done an amazing job building a championship roster and that team plays great team ball for having so many stars and former stars. The one weakness they have is against teams with good frontcourts, but their small ball is going to give big teams problems as well. That is why the Pacers were able to challenge but not beat the Heat. Same for the Spurs in a way as well.

I hate the Heat probably more than anyone here and it isn't because of LeBron or the big 3, but because they are in state rivals of the Magic and I've always hated them, long before they got LeBron. But I give credit where credit is due and the Heat FO has done an amazing job building a championship roster and that team plays great team ball for having so many stars and former stars. The one weakness they have is against teams with good frontcourts, but their small ball is going to give big teams problems as well. That is why the Pacers were able to challenge but not beat the Heat. Same for the Spurs in a way as well.

I really liked what I saw from Indiana against the Heat. Really physical. I think consistency, or lack thereof, was all that kept them from beating Miami up more than they did. They relied way too heavily on George at times, even during his cold spells. It would have been interesting to see how Granger might have changed the dynamic of that series. I don't normally follow basketball, but all in all I was pretty entertained when I tuned in.

The Heat are not tough, or even remotely physical. They're hardly composed on the court.

The Heat are not tough, or even remotely physical. They're hardly composed on the court.

In their defense, several of those clutch post-season wins would say otherwise.

Edited by Phins4life

:facepalm: The front court may be a bit weak. But they play some tough D.

In their defense, several of those clutch post-season wins would say otherwise.

I'm talking more about the way they are with officials.

I'm talking more about the way they are with officials.

Kobe is one of the worst with bitching at officials yet he has 5 rings and is considered one of the most poised players in NBA history. Star players are gonna whine, lol.

Want some lolz? Here is the reaction of Bobcats fans after drafting Cody Zeller. :rofl:

The Toronto Raptors have traded former number one overall pick Andrea Bargnani to the New York Knicks in exchange for Marcus Camby, Steve Novak and a future first round pick. In 433 games with the Raptors, Bargnani averaged 15.2 points per game and 4.8 rebounds per game. Despite having a solid offensive game that peaked in the 2010-11 season where he averaged 21.4 points per game, Bargnani has been considered one of the league's softer players as a seven footer that struggles to rebound or defend. After seeing his offensive production fall off a cliff the past season, dealing away Bargnani was a priority for new Raptors GM Masai Ujiri. Getting a future first from the Knicks makes this deal a good one for Toronto after Bargnani's trade value was considered to be at an all time low.

As for the Knicks, they hope Bargnani can get back to his former self as one of the league's best outside shooting big men. What kind of role he'll have in a frontcourt that already features Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler is unknown.

Dream offseason would be signing Josh Smith and Nikola Pekovic

Want some lolz? Here is the reaction of Bobcats fans after drafting Cody Zeller. :rofl:

Rofl. Pistons fans just went dead silenced...

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5h

Memphis will meet with free agent guard Tony Allen shortly after start of free agency, sources tell Y! Pacers, Bucks, Knicks in pursuit.

Kobe is one of the worst with bitching at officials yet he has 5 rings and is considered one of the most poised players in NBA history. Star players are gonna whine, lol.

To be fair, Kobe takes a bigger beating than most star players, especially the other stars in today's game. The dude attacks and gets killed almost every time, and he does deserve the majority of the calls he gets, and probably more than that.

Guest Phailadelphia

To be fair, Kobe takes a bigger beating than most star players, especially the other stars in today's game. The dude attacks and gets killed almost every time, and he does deserve the majority of the calls he gets, and probably more than that.

Seriously?

Seriously?

Have you watched him throughout his career?

Have you watched him throughout his career?

Have you watched Lebron James? Or Wade?