DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Offseason thread

As much as I hate Rudy Gay's contract, and think he's mediocre, getting rid of Stuckey and CV would be a dream come true. Toronto probably won't accept it till they get more from us, but I don't see Dumars giving up more.

As much as I hate Rudy Gay's contract, and think he's mediocre, getting rid of Stuckey and CV would be a dream come true. Toronto probably won't accept it till they get more from us, but I don't see Dumars giving up more.

Stuckey and CV are both expiring at least. Your gonna be stuck with Gays contract 2 more years (no way in hell he opts out next year). I think Gay makes the team worse he goes to because he kills the ball movement.

Oh yea, no way do I want him on the Pistons. He'd stunt the growth of Monroe and Drummond. But I just want those two guys off the roster. But we do have a glaring hole at SF, and IDT the Pistons are satisfied with letting Middleton or Mitchell fill the roll.

Cavs have to spend 18 million in this FA. Dunno why we only have brought in Earl Clark so far, the last thing we need is another 4. Hopefully we get Nikola Peković signed to a offer sheet, with the Wolves signing Kevin Martin we could easily sign him to a huge first year to prevent the Wolves from being able to match or going over the luxury tax.

Holy shit brad Stevens to the celtics

@SportsCenter

BREAKING: Celtics have announced Brad Stevens as their new head coach. Stevens served as coach at Butler University for past 6 years.

Geez. Talk about a massive jump for him.

Wow, that's insane. I love Stevens as a coach though. Hope he sees some major success.

Is this a first? I mean going from mid-major to the NBA in one jump?

Welcome to the NBA after spending 6 years at a program with no egos; Here's Rajon Rondo.

• Upvote 1

Welcome to the NBA after spending 6 years at a program with no egos; Here's Rajon Rondo.

Yea, lolol. Young coach and Rondo? Lmao.

It's good to see a new face in the NBA instead of the same old recycled guys, but he's being put into position to fail.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Yea, lolol. Young coach and Rondo? Lmao.

It's good to see a new face in the NBA instead of the same old recycled guys, but he's being put into position to fail. And he probably is gonna have to change his scheme.

He signed a 6 year deal too. I will be shocked if he last that long there. Rondo could be dealt though, for how good he is, he is always in trade talks in the offseason. I even heard Doc Rivers tried to fight him :rofl:

Brad Stevens is one of my favorite college coaches so I am pumped about this hire. 6 year deal too

We do have to trade Rondo though, don't need a malcontent and loose cannon permeating this rebuilding effort

Call me crazy, but with Houston drafting Canaan, the Celtics could be in the Lin mix, even if Jeremy is a massive downgrade.

Obviously, Houston isn't trading for Rondo, but if the Celtics best deal for Rondo doesn't include a PG, they could look Houston's way.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Before securing Stevens' interest and commitment to Boston's head-coaching job, Ainge talked informally about the position with popular former Celtic Brian Scalabrine, sources told Y! Sports. Ainge believes Scalabrine — who is strongly considering an assistant coaching job with the Golden State Warriors — has a future in coaching and talked in broad terms about the job with him, sources said. Nothing ever advanced to a formalized interview, though. Yahoo! Sports

White Mamba coaching a team. :shifty:

Call Rondo egoistic and whatever you want,but it's clear that his behavior was a result of bad connection with Doc. With Doc, KG and Pierce out of town, Rondo is aware of his new role on the team. We don't need to trade him.

Call me crazy, but with Houston drafting Canaan, the Celtics could be in the Lin mix, even if Jeremy is a massive downgrade.

Obviously, Houston isn't trading for Rondo, but if the Celtics best deal for Rondo doesn't include a PG, they could look Houston's way.

I can't imagine anyone wanting Lin with that contract. He'd have to be part of a "we'll give you someone good, but you have to take Lin too" trade.

Call Rondo egoistic and whatever you want,but it's clear that his behavior was a result of bad connection with Doc. With Doc, KG and Pierce out of town, Rondo is aware of his new role on the team. We don't need to trade him.

I'm pretty sure he had issues with his college coach at Kentucky too.

Al Jefferrson is joining the Bobcats. I'm not a fantasy BBall fan, but if you are, he's gonna be your man next year.

TwitterSam Amick @sam_amick

Calm down, folks. Al Jefferson's deal, I'm told, was "only" 40.5 million over three years.

I'm happy with the addition of Jefferson. If we can re-sign Henderson then our line up next season has the potential to win another 5 to 10 games. That would be a nice progression for our young players, and it would start to build the winning culture we desire. It would also allow us to remain in contention for a early pick.

- Kemba, Henderson, MKG, Zeller, Jefferson

That to me is a good base to build on.

Thats a lot of dough for someone that refuses to play Defense.

Guest Phailadelphia

I think it's a pretty funny signing. All the free agent talk the last 2-3 years has been guys teaming up to win rings or vets going to contenders to win rings. Meanwhile, Al Jefferson is like "nah bro lemme get that money"

I think it's a pretty funny signing. All the free agent talk the last 2-3 years has been guys teaming up to win rings or vets going to contenders to win rings. Meanwhile, Al Jefferson is like "nah bro lemme get that money"

He's 28 and in his 'prime' years, not some washed up player (ie Lewis) or former elite player coming to the end of their career (ie Allen). A lot of players at his level will pursue their big pay day. If that comes with being on a contender, great; but if it doesn't then guys like this tend not to bother since they are getting paid lots of money. He can walk away after three years having earned a big contract to a contender to win a ring, or stay and/or pursue another lucrative contract if his production has remained to the same level.

In terms of speculation, what other team could he have gone to that would pay him want he wants ($15m per year), while also contending for a title?

The only one that might is the Mavericks, but his signature alone would not make them much more than a 7th or 8th seed at best. They would need to add another star at PG, SG or SF. But the Mavs only had interest in him if they didn't sign Howard, and to be honest if he went to the Mave I don't see them contending for a ring either.

In terms of actual contenders I don't see the likes of OKC, Spurs, Grizzlies, Pacers, Heat, Knicks etc pursuing him at that price. The only team that might would be the Bulls if they dumped Boozer, which I don't think they would do. So at 28 wanting $15m he was always likely to go to a team outside the play offs, or one of the teams on the border of play off qualification.

No contender would give Jefferson that kinda money because he doesn't play D.

Guest Phailadelphia

He's 28 and in his 'prime' years, not some washed up player (ie Lewis) or former elite player coming to the end of their career (ie Allen). A lot of players at his level will pursue their big pay day. If that comes with being on a contender, great; but if it doesn't then guys like this tend not to bother since they are getting paid lots of money. He can walk away after three years having earned a big contract to a contender to win a ring, or stay and/or pursue another lucrative contract if his production has remained to the same level.

In terms of speculation, what other team could he have gone to that would pay him want he wants ($15m per year), while also contending for a title?

The only one that might is the Mavericks, but his signature alone would not make them much more than a 7th or 8th seed at best. They would need to add another star at PG, SG or SF. But the Mavs only had interest in him if they didn't sign Howard, and to be honest if he went to the Mave I don't see them contending for a ring either.

In terms of actual contenders I don't see the likes of OKC, Spurs, Grizzlies, Pacers, Heat, Knicks etc pursuing him at that price. The only team that might would be the Bulls if they dumped Boozer, which I don't think they would do. So at 28 wanting $15m he was always likely to go to a team outside the play offs, or one of the teams on the border of play off qualification.

I'm not hating on his decision, man. I actually kind of like it.