Favre4Ever

New System For Elite Members

Being that I am clearly TGP's most beloved poster, I think its safe to say that my time has come. Just ask Cardinal, Mav, and Ngata.

:clap: This is really the best way to do it.

We, the staff of TGP, have decided to rebuild the system in place for Elite members.

Previously, the system consisted of staff voting every so often to continuously and permanently add new members to the Elite group.

The new system will provide the members of TGP a chance to elect their own elite members. Every three months, a staff member will post a nomination thread. You, the members of TGP, will provide a list of members possibly worthy of Elite status.

We will then put those names into a poll, where the top 6 vote-getters or so will be elected as Elites. Staff members will not be eligible, and once those three months are up.. We will vote again and the new class of elites will replace the old. Members may be elected for an infinite number of consecutive terms of the TGP public deems you worthy.

To kick off this new system, all current elites will have their titles revoked. We thank you all for being so awesome as to be voted in as elites to begin with. You've been the backbone of TF/GP for a long time. You've helped built the TGP into the awesome site it is today, and there are not enough words nor time to express our gratitude.

Any comments, questions, or concerns are always welcome.

Thanks Again,

Vin, F4E, and the entire TGP Staff.

What qualified as an elite member before? Board activity, solid post and things like that? Also, how heavily will new member votes weigh in? Is there a trial time period for their votes to count or anyone can vote?

A little of all of the above, in regard to the old system. New members votes will weigh the same. They have the same interactions with members as those of us who have been here longer have. Although if it looks like just random names are being thrown up or if it isn't being taken somewhat seriously, your ballot could be DQ'd, I suppose.

Oh, and nominate members here.

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65785-elite-nominations/

Edited by Favre4Ever

Not sure the six-elites-at-a-time structure will give proper honor to those who deserve it, but kudos to staff for overhauling a part of the forums that's been stagnant for so long.

We'll see how many nominations and votes we get. That will truly be the determining factor. As of right now, there will be 0. :D

Yeah, I am kind of struggling with my six; maybe 7. I actually wouldn't have minded if the admins continued to do it. It's probably going to become a popularity contest otherwise.

Yeah, I am kind of struggling with my six; maybe 7. I actually wouldn't have minded if the admins continued to do it. It's probably going to become a popularity contest otherwise.

As long as it doesn't get as bad as Pro Bowl voting, that isn't necessarily the wrong way of looking at it.

As long as it doesn't get as bad as Pro Bowl voting, that isn't necessarily the wrong way of looking at it.

Probowl voting or the top 100 lol. With Admins not picking themselves, there is no real basis of what an Elite member is. Naturally, the public will vote for their friends. That's how list like these usually work with public voting.

Edited by dutchff7

Kind of how it should be, anyway. The elite members should represent the site and our members. :yep:. Nominations won't be massively important anyways. It will be the next phase. :yep:

Everybody that has been nominated to date is definitely worthy of the title, so the new system is working well so far.

Edited by RANGA