Bang

Hall of Fame Snubs

Lets hear your top Hall of Fame Snubs. These are guys who should be in, but are not. (They must be eligible)

try not to be homer, and give your reasons why they should be in.

For an added treat, those who post can vote on the guys others have posted. Not all.. but if you agree with one, let it be known.

I'll start with 2 running backs

Ricky Watters.

10 year career.

10,643 rushing yards,

4,248 receiving yards

14,891 total yards

78 TDs rushing / 13 receiving (91 total)

Super Bowl ring

Super Bowl record (3 TDs in a game)

Durable, played in at least 13 games in all but this final season. 7 straight years of 16 game seasons. through the mid-90s you'd be hard pressed to find a runner more feared in the NFl. Not necessarily better or worse.. but feared. teams knew that Barry, Emmit, Robert Smith, etc.. they knew those guys were a defensive nightmare.. but Watters was nastier than those guys. He laid licks, pummelled people and laughed in their face. He'd bust the other team up while running all over the damn place with the ball. He doesn't get a look because of his attitude buying him no friends in the press, but he largely is overlooked when discussing running backs, especially from the era of smith and Sanders.

And of course

Roger Craig.

how this guy isn't in, I dont' know.. we know it's a team game, and the Hall is about individual achievement, but every guy who's bust is in there knows they aren't there if not for every other guy they played with.

Craig's stats aren't too shabby: over 8k rushing and nearly 5k receiving.

AND, he was a vital part of that TEAM that was so dominant. And not just the 49ers

Nifty stat; Craig played for three teams in his 11 years: the 49ers, Raiders, and Vikings. His teams went to the playoffs in every single year of his career, and there's no one else that can say that who played so long.

Craig was just a great football player, and as we've seen with some guys who were on great teams who have gotten in not necessarily on their own numbers, Craig certainly deserves that recognition.

Your turn

~Bang

• Upvote 1

Randy Gradishar and Ken Anderson

First and foremost, I'm still hot that it took so long for Cris Carter to get into the Hall of Fame. That was beyond bullshit.

Will Shields: He paved the way for guys like Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson. This dude was a impenetrable brick wall. 12 pro bowls and 8x all pro.

Aeneas Williams: So underrated and overlooked.

Tim Brown: Baller

Edited by dutchff7
  • Upvote 1

First and foremost, I'm still hot that it took so long for Cris Carter to get into the Hall of Fame. That was beyond bullshit.

Amen

Leslie Oneal Versatile and a beast. Same amount of career sacks as Lawrence Taylor in fewer starts (a few more total games though). Just never played in a market where he got a ton of publicity. Would take him over Charles Haley, I think, though Haley adds the crazy to any team (along with the indecent exposure).

Edit You could add Kevin Greene to the pass rushers list but he didn't have the same level of consistency as the two guys above. Still 3rd all time in sacks is impressive.

Edited by GA_Eagle
  • Upvote 1

It took Carter three years.

this "first ballot" honor is thrown around way to easily these days.

Besides, the opportunity to watch Cris Carter cry over it for 3 years was worth it.

Conversely, how long did it take Monk, a guy who held the all time reception record?

Charles Haley should get if for no other reason than simply for holding a used piece of toilet paper up in Barry Switzer's face, or diddling his dick in Joe Montana's ear.

(If you want some good laughs,, read the book "Boys will be Boys"... there's a whole chapter dedicated to Haley's craziness.)

~Bang

Edited by Bang

The fact that this man is not in there is a fucking disgrace.

l-c-greenwood-300.jpg

Edited by Ngata_Chance

The fact that this man in hear is a fucking disgrace.

l-c-greenwood-300.jpg

Other than 'fucking disgrace', I can't tell what you're trying to say :D.

Had not had my coffee and kahlua yet.

Curly culp.

Actually he is in I think. Edited for stupid.

Edited by GA_Eagle

A couple of Raiders..

Kenny Stabler.. the Snake led one of the best teams of the 70s. Other than the Steelers, they were the team to beat in the AFC in that era.

Stabler has so many signature plays it's not even funny, and while some of them may be a load of crap, like the fumble-rooski, the fact is it was legal, and he used it to win a very important game. But if you'd like to discount that for being cheap, he is also part of the famous Sea of Hands, thrown as he was going down, and effectively ending the Dynasty of the Dolphins in the early 70s.

the Ghost to the Post.. he threw that.

The Raiders were going deep, and Stabler was the Raiders. In John Madden's first book (Hey wait a Minute, I wrote a book, a MUST read for football fans.. really a GREAT BOOK.), he tells the story of the playoff game in Baltimore in which the Snake led them down with no time on the clock to win the game.

As they neared the end zone, someone called timeout and Stabler was standing there just looking around while Madden was yelling and screaming the play to him.

After madden yelled and was making sur Snake got it all, Stabler looked at him and said "Boy, these people sure got their money's worth today, didn't they?".. then he went in called his own play, and won the game.

If you recognize how good the Raiders were in their heyday, you have to recognize their leader. You'd be hard pressed to find a QB with more poise under pressure.

and everyone would expect me to say Ray Guy, but no, no way does a guy who gives the ball away get in the Hall, no no no.

Tom Flores. The guy won two Super Bowls. How many other coaches with multiple rings get left out? One of the guys he beat is a Hall member already, Joe Gibbs, and the other one might be.. Dick Vermiel. If they put Whiny ol' Dick in before Flores, there's a problem.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

Jim Marshall

Jim_Marshall.jpg

Don Coryell

Coryell.jpg

Edited by FartWaffles

Football is won in the trenches so ill give you two guards first one is Jerry Kramer and the second is Bob Kuechenberg. Only 8 guards are in the pro football hall of fame. Bob won't get in because two of his line mates Little and Langer are already in the HOF. Same case for Kramer. Both awesome players that sadly will never get in.

Randy Gradishar and Ken Anderson

Randy Gradishar absolutely. The heart of the Orange Crush, 7 probowls in 10 seasons, DPOY and first-team all-pro in 78 and arguably should have been in 77. Hell it was 20 years till there was another linebacker with that kind of coast to coast range and all around skills. He might still hold the record for all-time tackle leader, but it's tough to get reliable stats out of that era. Dude was a machine. Should have been first ballot.

I would love to see Terrell Davis get in someday... but unfortunately they don't let you in for 'what could have been.' Sayers got in on just a few seasons, but it's a different era now.

Steve Atwater, Carl "wrecklenberg", Louis wright (the true first shut down corner in NFL history and Terrell Davis! Denver is one of the most disrespected teams by the NFL because we're nothing but a cow town

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Steve Atwater, Carl "wrecklenberg", Louis wright (the true first shut down corner in NFL history and Terrell Davis! Denver is one of the most disrespected teams by the NFL because we're nothing but a cow town

Definitely. If those guys played on the east coast they would all be first ballot guys. :yep:

Charles Haley - Five Super Bowl wins, 100 sacks (27th all time), a monster at disruption as an LB and DE, and a 2 time all pro.

Will Shields - Total beast that was all pro 12 times and a pro bowler 14 times. Could block an 18 wheeler out of a RB's way.

• Upvote 1

Please Stop. Herb Adderley was in the NFL HOF for being a shutdown corner before Wright had his 30th birthday.

Lets Break this down.

Ints

Adderley: 48

Wright: 26

INT Yards

Adderley: 1,046

Wright: 360

TD's

Adderley: 7

Wright: 1

Man have called him the best corner they have ever seen, the list includes two hall of famers in Fran Tarkenton and Bart Starr. He was the prototypical corner at 6'1" 205 and the fastest man on the field. He was also incredibly smart he played man to man in GB his whole career and then had to go to Dallas and learn a whole new system because of the Zone scheme they were running. He allowed only 1 touchdown his fist year then 3 his second.

Louis wright was not even the best CB in the 80's dude. Herb Adderley was unquestionably the best of his era. That is such a foolish statement. It is not even close. Adderley wins.

• Upvote 1

Please Stop. Herb Adderley was in the NFL HOF for being a shutdown corner before Wright had his 30th birthday.

Lets Break this down.

Ints

Adderley: 48

Wright: 26

INT Yards

Adderley: 1,046

Wright: 360

TD's

Adderley: 7

Wright: 1

Man have called him the best corner they have ever seen, the list includes two hall of famers in Fran Tarkenton and Bart Starr. He was the prototypical corner at 6'1" 205 and the fastest man on the field. He was also incredibly smart he played man to man in GB his whole career and then had to go to Dallas and learn a whole new system because of the Zone scheme they were running. He allowed only 1 touchdown his fist year then 3 his second.

Louis wright was not even the best CB in the 80's dude. Herb Adderley was unquestionably the best of his era. That is such a foolish statement. It is not even close. Adderley wins.

So stats are the only dictater of how good you are, so that would make Sherman and bailey are better shut down corners then revis because they have more INT and better stats? Like I've always said stats don't really mean anything

That also doesn't defeat the fact that wright deserves to be in the HOF but because he was a bronco he's not

Edited by Crash
  • Downvote 3

Bronco fans can be happy knowing Champ Bailey will be going in the Hall of Fame, and IMO, he is and always has been better than Revis, and just about every other cornerback that has played over the last decade.

IF Revis wants to be in there with Champ one day, he's going to have to do what Champ did, and that is change teams and remain dominant. It doesn't always happen.

~Bang

So stats are the only dictater of how good you are, so that would make Sherman and bailey are better shut down corners then revis because they have more INT and better stats? Like I've always said stats don't really mean anything

That also doesn't defeat the fact that wright deserves to be in the HOF but because he was a bronco he's not

I guess you missed the part where Bart Starr and Fran Tarkenton said he was the best they had ever seen. And stats are not the end all be all, but when one guy is so lopsided in favor of the other, then yeah it means SOMETHING.

Louis Wright was good but MAYBE the 3rd or 4th best corner in his era.

I like how you dismiss an almost universal fact that Wright could not hold a candle to Adderley and turn it into a whiny bitchy ass delusion of persecution that is so diluted by stupidity that it almost induces immediate and uncontrollable vomit that the shit would even appear as letter regurgitation on my computer screen. You should be ashamed.

I have a thought mods.

:ban:

And before you do this whol," I am a martyr and peoples only argument is insults." The facts came first the insults after I found out how insufferable and delusional you are.

Edited by Ngata_Chance