AllYouNeedIsLovie

How many games do the Broncos win in 2013?

15 members have voted

1. 1. How many games do the Broncos win in 2013?

Not statistically probable. I'm sure they'll win the division again, but a regression of 1-2 games would be normal.

I just have to laugh at homers who spend their offseason convincing themselves that no one can play with their team. It's actually to their detriment because reality can be nothing but a disappointment. A very solid 11-5 season and PO berth wouldn't meet the lofty expectations of crushing all the AFC teams who "are no challenge" and "aren't physical." Give me a break.

And why should we expect a regression? Year 2 with jack del rio, year two with manning with even more talent on the offense and a better offensive coordinator. Look at some of the statistics Denver put down last year, especially after week 6 when we hit our stride on defense. Look at the offenses talent and what they did last year. Am I assuming 1 or two things? Yes but that has to do with specific players, I think with as much talent we have and how good our coaches are I believe we will get DRC to the level he should have already been at, Terrance knighton was a premier nose tackle with jack del rio and when he left his play slipped and I assume he will back at the level he is capable off because of the coaching and because our talent smokes Jacksonville's. look at any team on the schedule, not including the 3 I named and tell me how they are going to beat Denver if I am right about our players

10 or 11

And why should we expect a regression? Year 2 with jack del rio, year two with manning with even more talent on the offense and a better offensive coordinator. Look at some of the statistics Denver put down last year, especially after week 6 when we hit our stride on defense. Look at the offenses talent and what they did last year. Am I assuming 1 or two things? Yes but that has to do with specific players, I think with as much talent we have and how good our coaches are I believe we will get DRC to the level he should have already been at, Terrance knighton was a premier nose tackle with jack del rio and when he left his play slipped and I assume he will back at the level he is capable off because of the coaching and because our talent smokes Jacksonville's. look at any team on the schedule, not including the 3 I named and tell me how they are going to beat Denver if I am right about our players

Strength of schedule going into a season means nearly nothing. We are annually surprised by how schedules that look easy going into the season turn into hard ones and vice versa. Setting expectations for any team to win 13-16 games is kinda foolhardy because a lot has to go right and its not always things that can be controlled. I mean I guess a fan's expectations don't mean all that much in the grand scheme but you are going to be disappointed more often than not.

Edited by GA_Eagle
  • Upvote 2

Seriously? Did you miss the entire thread to this point? Because a slight regression is the norm, even with really good teams.

Only you could look at you OC leaving as one of the most highly coveted head coaching candidates in the league, see him be replaced with a guy who's never been an OC before, and claim to have "upgraded." What a joke.

Knight was inconsistent under Rio just as he was without Rio. Premier nose tackle? Are you kidding? You act like things were so great in Jacksonville under him- his teams sucked by and large.

Every team on your schedule is capable of beating you. All told, I'd say that Baltimore, @New England, @Houston, @Dallas, @New York, and @San Diego are all very losable. I understand that you'll disagree, but that's probably because you've spent every day since January 12th (you know- that day that you lost to a team in the AFC that apparently wasn't physical so they posed no challenge) convincing yourself that everything has gone, is going, and will go perfectly for your team.

I hate playing the Chargers, we normally lose a game to them, and we almost did last year, if not for them choking the game away. That game completely changed our season. I don't think we'll pull off an amazing 11 game win streak like we did last year, but I can see us hitting 11 wins. Other than 3 spots on our defense, I think we have a really strong team that matches up favourably against most teams. New england is setting up for a major down year, Baltimore lost their two biggest defensive leaders, and... well the Texans are mighty scary. The NFC East is a whole bunch of wildcards, capable of playing like champions one day, and cowards the next. The Chiefs are vastly improved with Alex Smith (who had a great season before hitting the bench, like historically efficient), I mentioned how I hate playing the Chargers, and hate it more because Peyton historically chokes against them. The Raiders are... well I'll chalk up easy wins, but they are still division rivals and stupid shit could happen.

Lastly the AFC South... who have a bunch of QB's I'm not really high on. Andrew Luck has to prove he's not Tim Tebow and improve his accuracy. I have no doubt that he will... just not looking forward to it. Jake Locker is in put up or shut up mode in tennessee, and if he doesn't deliver, a new QB of the future is sure to be coming while the Titans squander all the young defensive talent they have. Lastly Jacksonville... Gus Bradley being the new coach scares me, but since they were unable to get a franchise QB (being as there were none in the draft) they'll be a non-factor this year, but tough in the future.

Putting that together, I have at least 6 wins (Raiders, Titans, Jags, Eagles, Colts) , 4-6 games I feel good about (1-2 Charger games, 2 Chiefs games, 1-3 of the other NFC East games), and 4-6 games I'm worried about (1-2 Charger Games, 1-3 NFC East games, Texans, Ravens, Pats).

So let's split it in the middle and call it 11 wins. Losses to the Pats, Texans, Chargers, Giants, and a surprise by the Chiefs.

• Upvote 2

I hate playing the Chargers, we normally lose a game to them, and we almost did last year, if not for them choking the game away. That game completely changed our season. I don't think we'll pull off an amazing 11 game win streak like we did last year, but I can see us hitting 11 wins. Other than 3 spots on our defense, I think we have a really strong team that matches up favourably against most teams. New england is setting up for a major down year, Baltimore lost their two biggest defensive leaders, and... well the Texans are mighty scary. The NFC East is a whole bunch of wildcards, capable of playing like champions one day, and cowards the next. The Chiefs are vastly improved with Alex Smith (who had a great season before hitting the bench, like historically efficient), I mentioned how I hate playing the Chargers, and hate it more because Peyton historically chokes against them. The Raiders are... well I'll chalk up easy wins, but they are still division rivals and stupid shit could happen.

Lastly the AFC South... who have a bunch of QB's I'm not really high on. Andrew Luck has to prove he's not Tim Tebow and improve his accuracy. I have no doubt that he will... just not looking forward to it. Jake Locker is in put up or shut up mode in tennessee, and if he doesn't deliver, a new QB of the future is sure to be coming while the Titans squander all the young defensive talent they have. Lastly Jacksonville... Gus Bradley being the new coach scares me, but since they were unable to get a franchise QB (being as there were none in the draft) they'll be a non-factor this year, but tough in the future.

Putting that together, I have at least 6 wins (Raiders, Titans, Jags, Eagles, Colts) , 4-6 games I feel good about (1-2 Charger games, 2 Chiefs games, 1-3 of the other NFC East games), and 4-6 games I'm worried about (1-2 Charger Games, 1-3 NFC East games, Texans, Ravens, Pats).

So let's split it in the middle and call it 11 wins. Losses to the Pats, Texans, Chargers, Giants, and a surprise by the Chiefs.

I think that's a really well thought out take. 11-5 and having to play in the WC round might actually pan out in Denver's favor. Sometimes teams play better when they've had to work harder to get in and have to play right away.

If we are going to say the Chargers have a shot at beating the donkeys then we have to give the Chiefs a good shot at beating them at Arrowhead (the toughest place to play in the NFL IMO). The thing with both SD and KC is that I feel a lot of good has to go their way if they want to be competitive with Denver in the division.

If we are going to say the Chargers have a shot at beating the donkeys then we have to give the Chiefs a good shot at beating them at Arrowhead (the toughest place to play in the NFL IMO). The thing with both SD and KC is that I feel a lot of good has to go their way if they want to be competitive with Denver in the division.

Kind of like how a lot of good had to go Denver's way for them to come back from 24-0 at the half against us in 2012.

Only you could look at you OC leaving as one of the most highly coveted head coaching candidates in the league, see him be replaced with a guy who's never been an OC before, and claim to have "upgraded." What a joke.

No, just about every Bronco fan will tell you that Mike McCoy was terrible and his playcalling was ultra predictable. And it was, I remember reading threads where people were calling every playcall before the play. He had a relatively small impact on how good our offense was last year. McCoy got the job because of Tebow plain and simple. Putting him in a read option offense was the best decision he made, but even then, he was still incredibly predictable and I think it made Tebow look worse than he actually is. Do you remember the Steelers game? He ran it on every single first down in regulation. It wasn't until OT that he decided the playaction pass had finally been set up even though the Steelers weren't worried about Tebow's passing ability at all.

Edited by SolomonGrundy

No, just about every Bronco fan will tell you that Mike McCoy was terrible and his playcalling was ultra predictable. And it was, I remember reading threads where people were calling every playcall before the play. He had a relatively small impact on how good our offense was last year. McCoy got the job because of Tebow plain and simple. Putting him in a read option offense was the best decision he made, but even then, he was still incredibly predictable and I think it made Tebow look worse than he actually is. Do you remember the Steelers game? He ran it on every single first down in regulation. It wasn't until OT that he decided the playaction pass had finally been set up even though the Steelers weren't worried about Tebow's passing ability at all.

A fan base thought their OC was predictable? Shocking. That changes everything.

Funny how multiple front offices were impressed enough to pursue him to run their teams when he's not even as good as a guy who's never actually been an OC before.

You mean you actually think Tebow throwing on first down is a good idea? That's really only something you do two or three times a game. A run heavy team will almost always run the ball on first down. But that's beside the point. McCoy is the HC now, Wisenhunt will be calling the plays.

You mean you actually think Tebow throwing on first down is a good idea? That's really only something you do two or three times a game. A run heavy team will almost always run the ball on first down. But that's beside the point. McCoy is the HC now, Whisenhunt will be calling the plays.

And I am thrilled about that.

However, he surely won't be as good as Adam Gase- who comes with the advantageous distinction of having literally no NFL OC experience.

Edited by KempBolt

You mean you actually think Tebow throwing on first down is a good idea? That's really only something you do two or three times a game. A run heavy team will almost always run the ball on first down. But that's beside the point. McCoy is the HC now, Wisenhunt will be calling the plays.

In that game, the way the defense was playing and the success Tebow was having early, yes he could have called a playaction pass on first down much earlier and probably had the same exact result.

And I am thrilled about that.

However, he surely won't be as good as Adam Gase- who comes with the advantageous distinction of having literally no NFL OC experience.

Peyton Manning is the QB, my girlfriend could be the OC, it isn't going to effect our offense any because Manning is really running the show. The only thing Gase is going to do is try to ramp up the speed of our offense and that isn't a bad thing. Losing McCoy does not hurt us at all.

Also you act like McCoy has loads of OC experience. He was hired as the OC when Josh McDaniels was calling the plays and he had Peyton Manning last year. The only year he actually called plays was when Tebow took over for Kyle Orton after a horrible start.

I think McCoy will make a better HC than an OC, but he wasn't a good playcaller and McCoy himself knows this, that's why Whisenhunt will be calling the plays. He did a great job of coaching up the players and that's why he got a job as a HC, not his playcalling.

1. Peyton Manning is the QB, my girlfriend could be the OC, it isn't going to effect our offenseany because Manning is really running the show. 2. The only thing Gase is going to do is try to ramp up the speed of our offense and that isn't a bad thing. Losing McCoy does not hurt us at all.

3. Also you act like McCoy has loads of OC experience. He was hired as the OC when Josh McDaniels was calling the plays and he had Peyton Manning last year. The only year he actually called plays was when Tebow took over for Kyle Orton after a horrible start.

I think McCoy will make a better HC than an OC, but he wasn't a good playcaller and McCoy himself knows this, 4. that's why Whisenhunt will be calling the plays. 5. He did a great job of coaching up the players and that's why he got a job as a HC, not his playcalling.

1. Probably true

2. The statement was made that you "upgraded" from McCoy to Gase. Yet Gase hasn't coordinated a single game and McCoy was thought of highly enough by multiple NFL teams to be a head coaching candidate. Not adding up. If you're making the case that you'll be fine with Gase, then I'd probably agree. But that wasn't the original statement which started the argument.

3. Literally one game of experience is more than what Gase has. Let alone 48. And my understanding is that he did call plays last year, just as Peyton's OC's have done in the past, but that Manning had autonomy to change them at the line as he saw fit.

4. Many offensive minded head coaches have OC's that call plays. And that's how it should be. Him hiring an OC to do so is in no way an acknowledgment that he isn't good at it.

5. You're probably right that he was sought after more as a coach/teacher than a play caller. However, you have the problem of a fellow Bronco fan in here claiming that a guy who hasn't actually done anything yet is better. That's a silly thing to say, and a tough one to back up. But unfortunately most silly things that homers say are tough to back up.

I never said Gase was an upgrade over McCoy, if anything I think it's more of a lateral move. Even though McCoy has technically called the plays the last 2 years, his gameplans have been heavily influenced by John Fox so he may very well be better than what he showed. Either way it won't change with Gase, as Fox is still going to have the same influence, the only difference will be the pace of the offense. Yes, Gase hasn't shown anything as a playcaller, but as a QBs and WRs coach, he's done a fantastic job so I don't believe we lost a whole lot on the coaching front. He was handpicked by Josh McDaniels and despite a regime change he managed to stick with Fox as the QB coach. That tells me Fox/Elway are pretty high on him, especially since they didn't even hire a new QB coach once they promoted him.

I never said Gase was an upgrade over McCoy, if anything I think it's more of a lateral move. Even though McCoy has technically called the plays the last 2 years, his gameplans have been heavily influenced by John Fox so he may very well be better than what he showed. Either way it won't change with Gase, as Fox is still going to have the same influence, the only difference will be the pace of the offense. Yes, Gase hasn't shown anything as a playcaller, but as a QBs and WRs coach, he's done a fantastic job so I don't believe we lost a whole lot on the coaching front. He was handpicked by Josh McDaniels and despite a regime change he managed to stick with Fox as the QB coach. That tells me Fox/Elway are pretty high on him, especially since they didn't even hire a new QB coach once they promoted him.

I know you didn't. But you took up the argument of someone who did.

I know you didn't. But you took up the argument of someone who did.

The broncos will do good in the regular season get to the playoffs and peyton will be peyton.

14 easy? What is with these Broncos fans? Did they fill Mile High Stadium with Kool-Aid this offseason and you guys just swim around in it?

• Upvote 1

14 easy? What is with these Broncos fans? Did they fill Mile High Stadium with Kool-Aid this offseason and you guys just swim around in it?

Let's see. We had the #1 QB last year. We have 2 All-Pro WRs (Minimum), a solid OL, 2 of the top 10 CBs last year, (as rated by ESPN) the fastest KR in the NFL, the 2nd best P, and a top 5 FG K. We also had the #3 sack leader and a solid draft. SD & OAK are shells of their former selves. NE & BAL lost ALOT of talent this off-season. PITT's old. The only real threats are CIN & HOU. KC will be improved, but they don't have the talent to compete for the division.

Clear enough?

Edited by HUMCALC

Let's see. We had the #1 QB last year. We have 2 All-Pro WRs (Minimum), a solid OL, 2 of the top 10 CBs last year, (as rated by ESPN) the fastest KR in the NFL, the 2nd best P, and a top 5 FG K. We also had the #3 sack leader and a solid draft. SD & OAK are shells of their former selves. NE & BAL lost ALOT of talent this off-season. PITT's old. The only real threats are CIN & HOU. KC will be improved, but they don't have the talent to compete for the division.

Clear enough?

No 13-3 team in the history of the NFL has ever followed that season with an even better one. But you, being a homer, think it will be easy. Cute.

Clear enough?

Honestly it doesn't truly matter how many regular season games they win. Whether they win 9 or they win 15...it's all about the playoffs for this team. Elway didn't assemble this group and bring Manning aboard just to win the AFC West.

And actually I do think either the Chargers/Chiefs will bring some heat this year. I don't think the Broncos will sweep the division in back to back seasons either and there is bound to be some improvements all around that we cannot predict in the AFC West yet or the AFC in general.

But, time is ticking too and this teams window could be so short that I hope they don't buy green bananas.

No 13-3 team in the history of the NFL has ever followed that season with an even better one. But you, being a homer, think it will be easy. Cute.

Clear enough?

Daaaaamn he said you aint got no nipplessssss