Maverick

Official 2013-2014 Soccer Season

yeah, the problem is that we're the best team in our pot by a pretty good margin, which means we won't be in a group with any of those teams, granted we wouldn't get to be in a group with any of the other CONCACAF teams no matter how they group it, but it'd be nice to be in a group with one of the Asian teams

Yeah like you guys have covered for the most part, the U.S.' position in the draw is bad this World Cup. If I could pick the perfect group, I'd take Swiss/Belgium, Algeria, and Greece.

Do you guys root for any other teams during the Cup? My background is Italian and German so I always pull for them. England a distant fourth as I follow the Premier League.

Yeah like you guys have covered for the most part, the U.S.' position in the draw is bad this World Cup. If I could pick the perfect group, I'd take Swiss/Belgium, Algeria, and Greece.

Do you guys root for any other teams during the Cup? My background is Italian and German so I always pull for them. England a distant fourth as I follow the Premier League.

No. I know the US isn't going to win, but I can't bring myself to root for any other country in international competition, I'll still watch games after the US is eliminated (which is really a question of when not if) but I won't really have a rooting interest

^respectable.

Luis Suarez. Eat your heart out, haters.

HauntingDigitalGerenuk.gif

FailingShyCopperhead.gif

ShrillUnfinishedJumpingbean.gif

EnchantingImmaculateHumpbackwhale.gif

Yes, all four of those quality goals were in the same game.

Yes, Suarez is the best player in the EPL.

Yes, he plays for Liverpool and I have a huge crush on him.

Can't wait for the draw tomorrow. I also root for Germany (and Poland but obviously they aren't involved this year).

damn, Germany, Ghana, and Portugal is a tough group, but at least we avoided Group B, that one's gonna be brutal, groups C or H would have been awesome, but at least now we know what's ahead of us

oh, and Brazil has a real easy walk to the knockout round

Edited by oochymp

Besides the U.S. I root for Germany, Croatia, and Norway (they never qualify) for the same reason.

Our group is tough but I think we can edge out Portugal.

Don't know or watch Futbol really but I'll be rooting for USA.

I'm getting really tired of people complaining about the draw, okay, we're in a group of death, but if we want to take ourselves seriously we've gotta be able to survive that, and I actually see a pretty straight forward path through the group, we beat Ghana in the first game, sure we've never done it before, but we're also bringing a much better team to the Cup this year than we have in the past, after that we play Portugal and as long as we contain Ronaldo I think we'll be alright to at least get a tie there, then we play Germany, who by this point could easily already have wins over Portugal and Ghana and have punched their ticket out of group play, in which case they may ease up a bit and we can steal a point there

• Upvote 2

Anyone see that Everton and Arsenal match? Top quality!

Anyone see that Everton and Arsenal match? Top quality!

Saw the last ten minutes of it. Awesome weekend for a Liverpool supporter. :D

Manchester City beat the crap out of Arsenal today and made the battle for the first position more interesting.

Liverpool has a tough match against Tottenham on White Hart Lane tomorrow and if we win the game, we'll trail Arsenal by just two points.

it's sounding like Eddie Johnson may be coming to DC United, an official announcement expected in the next couple days and there are still a number of other teams interested so we'll see, we could definitely use a solid goal scorer

Don't follow the MLS much at all so can't comment on that news, oochymp. I rate Johnson as one of the top strikers in the USMNT though. Then again that's not saying much :p

How bout that game, house? We embarrassed those poor bastards. Liverpool made a fucking STATEMENT. We're not gunning for the Top 4. We're fighting for the title.

Our striking machine won't stop. Luis Suarez is a fucking beast and by far the best player in EPL.

Arsenal couldn't even beat United today. Olivier Giroud is pretty bad, Arsenal needs to get a better striker in there so Ozil has more to work with.

Crazy game between Chelsea and PSG today. If Ibrahimovic was playing PSG would've advanced but credit to Chelsea for taking advantage. They were missing Hazard too for most of the game so I guess it was even after all.

Real Madrid looked terrible vs Dortmund and is very lucky to be moving on. Can't wait for the games tomorrow, I'm expecting Bayern to take care of business, but Barcelona vs Atletico could go either way.

In the PL Man City goes to Liverpool next week, is gonna be huge in determining who wins the league.

Would love to see Liverpool win the PL. Fucking hate City and Chelsea. Though I'm more worried about Villa steering clear of the relegation zone with Benteke out for the season.

BTW that also ruined my sleeper WC pick of Belgium.

• Upvote 1

vl7gaqL.gif

sick.

I can appreciate sweet goals like that.

Barca knocked out!

Atletico Madrid man. They've been awesome this year. They were all over Barca in that 2nd leg. Bayern scared me for a minute, but as soon as they felt a little vulnerable with the Evra goal they kicked it into gear and cruised to victory. Props to United, though. Everyone thought they were gonna get killed against Bayern and they took the European champs to the last 15 minutes of the second leg. Now, onto the Premier League and my Reds....

WE'RE AMAZING THIS YEAR. Seriously. I was hoping for a Top Four finish but never did I expect us to be challenging for the title. We're the most fun team to watch in Europe right now. I believe we've scored the most goals out of any European team this season. Champions League football is a guarantee at this point. I'm just enjoying every bit of this after the last few seasons...

If you're a fan of soccer, you're watching the Liverpool vs City game this Sunday.

BradyFan, you're an Arsenal supporter right? Can't help but feel bad for you guys. You can't say you'd be stuck in this position without all of the injuries this season. I mean Arsenal's starters have been getting injured left and right. Shame cause they were playing some quality football in the first half of the season.

This is the 2nd season I've really started to root for Arsenal and watch all their games, I don't consider myself a true hardcore fan yet. But yeah the injuries have been very demoralizing. Oxlade-Chamberlain missed 3 months to start the year, Ramsey just got back from an injury that he suffered in late December, Wilshere is still out, and Ozil has been out for the past 5 weeks but is close to returning. Hopefully they will battle back and get 4th place, that'd be extremely disappointing if they finish 5th considering the fast start they got off to.

And on top of all that frustration we got matched up with Bayern Munech in the round of 16 in the CL. If we had gotten someone easier and beat them we definitely would have lost in the quarter finals, but still, really bad luck.

Overall though I'm just enjoying watching the race for the title. It really could go anyway. Liverpool is very fun to watch, agreed. Suarez has to be the 3rd or 4th best player in the world right now behind Messi and Ronaldo. Gerrard makes these pin point passes and is just a great player. If they win this game, then they will be in the driver's seat. If it's a draw then Man City I think is in the best position to win the title.

Also, April 27th Chelsea goes to Liverpool, that will be another monster game. This is really setting up for an insane finish.

In the CL I can't wait for the draw tomorrow to see who gets who. Bayern does look a little bit vulnerable this year, I think they can be beaten by any of Chelsea, Atletico or Real.