Maverick

Official 2013-2014 Soccer Season

Sunderland took care of Chelsea and we're one step closer to winning the title.

I read that wrong. I was about to say...I literally know nobody that is a Sunderland fan.

Watching DC United's sixth game of the season and we could match last year's win total

Fabian Delph (of Aston Villa) has had a few sick goals this season, thought I'd share em.

Epic Snipe:

tumblr_mxcgtwLIf61qhtpeao1_500.gif

tumblr_mxcgtwLIf61qhtpeao2_500.gif

Nice move & goal:

tumblr_n091xtgOmo1qaorn7o2_r1_400.gif

Crazy backheel vs Chelsea

tumblr_n2hxucZW6i1qhtpeao1_400.gif

Not Delph but pretty nice bicycle by Christian Benteke :smug:

tumblr_n1udascBip1qaorn7o2_r1_400.gif

• Upvote 2

Watching DC United's sixth game of the season and we could match last year's win total

well, we should have won that one, but I guess a draw isn't awful considering we lost to this team 3-0 in our opener, and we're halfway to last year's point total, hopefully that says as much about this season as it does about last season

Chicago Fire and the NE team was on before Jackets-Pens so I watched a little of that.

Chicago Fire and the NE team was on before Jackets-Pens so I watched a little of that.

pretty crazy that the first five MLS games yesterday ended in draws, though the other four games did have decisions

11 wins in a row averaging 3.5 goals a game.

Liverpool<3 title has to be ours house. It has to be.

After 24 years, I think it's time for a title celebration at Anfield.

pretty crazy that the first five MLS games yesterday ended in draws, though the other four games did have decisions

Yeah, saw the scores on the NBCSN ticker.

also, Chicago is currently 0-1-6, I think that's part of the reason that soccer hasn't caught on in the US

also, Chicago is currently 0-1-6, I think that's part of the reason that soccer hasn't caught on in the US

I'd probably follow the Rapids but I hear that MLS isn't quality Soccer.

I'd probably follow the Rapids but I hear that MLS isn't quality Soccer.

it's really not bad, and the level of play is getting better, obviously it's not at the same level as the top European leagues, but it's still fun to watch

I just started following DCU a few years ago, I've been to a few games and they're always fun, the supporters show up well, the Rapids even have a soccer-specific stadium, which DCU does not, they play at RFK Stadium, the old stadium of the Redskins and the Washington Senators (now the Texas Rangers) so it was built for baseball and football, meaning it's not a great venue for soccer, but it works, there's been talk the past few years of building a soccer-specific stadium near Nats Park, hopefully that happens

MLS isn't quality, but its soccer.....that you can go see live, thats about all the drawing power it has to me. But usually around here there are European friendlies in DC or Baltimore during the summer that I'd rather see than a DC United game. For example, I saw a Liverpool v Tottenham friendly a year or two ago.

And its much more entertaining TV wise to pick a english team and follow them. I'd recruit you to being a Aston Villa fan but I don't want to bring pain into your life. :bag:

Edited by BJORN

If Man City wins out they'll have 86 points. If Liverpool loses the Chelsea game, then wins their last 2 they'll have 86 points. And Man City has the GD advantage right now. So it's crucial that Liverpool at least draws vs Chelsea.

Edited by BradyFan81

If Man City wins out they'll have 86 points. If Liverpool loses the Chelsea game, then wins their last 2 they'll have 86 points. And Man City has the GD advantage right now. So it's crucial that Liverpool at least draws vs Chelsea.

could've swore i saw this post say congrats to mav and house cause i was about to say thank you if we win the title lol.

yeah huge game on sunday. i think we'll get something out of it

Atlanta getting an MLS team, maybe it's time to start watching MLS... :smug:

could've swore i saw this post say congrats to mav and house cause i was about to say thank you if we win the title lol.

yeah huge game on sunday. i think we'll get something out of it

I had to correct it cause I suck at math.

Wow, Liverpool...wow.

Your fate rests in the hands of the almighty Villa :doge:

I don't like our chances...

Edited by BJORN

Depressing doesn't even begin to describe yesterday's match...

GO ON VILLA AND/OR WEST HAM. Do us a massive favor, Bjorn.

Pierre was talking about one of the big games yesterday. :yep:

Yeah I heard that. He was talking about the club I support collapsing big time. >_>

Yeah I heard that. He was talking about the club I support collapsing big time. >_>

Oh, but everyone says Soccer has no goals, so there can't be comebacks! Sorry about your team. =/