Sign in to follow this  
BUCK3Y3

Latest Snowden leaks

A fleet of satellites collecting electronic intelligence over Pakistan guided the raid by U.S. Navy SEALs that killed Usama bin Laden, the Washington Post reported Thursday.

In addition, the Post said, citing documents supplied by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden, the NSA tracked calls from mobile phones, identified by specific calling patterns, to penetrate communications among al Qaeda operatives. One of those devices was linked to the Abbottabad, Pakistan compound where bin Laden was hiding and later killed.

The classified documents were part of this year's "black budget" for U.S. intelligence agencies, the Post said.

The secret budget documents also said that within eight hours of the May 2011 raid on bin Laden's compound, a U.S. military laboratory in Afghanistan analyzed DNA from his corpse and and confirmed it was the al Qaeda leader.

The Post reported the tests "provided a conclusive match."

n addition, the Post reported, the files also show the NSA warned in 2012 that it planned to investigate up to 4,000 reports of possible internal security breaches.

The Post said the NSA's concerns about insider threats were aimed at "anomalous behavior" of agency employees with access to top secret data. The account cited NSA concerns about "trusted insiders who seek to exploit their authorized access to sensitive information to harm U.S. interests."

The Associated Press contributed to this report

Just wondering how leaks like this make Snowden a hero.

Edited by BUCK3Y3

These don't seem to mean much either way. He's a hero for unearthing data that our government was blatantly violating rights of US citizens.

The world is not black and white.

Snowden is not a moral angel whose every action is to be lauded and praised. There can be a middle area. People who act all superior when stuff comes out that isn't an egregious violation of human rights by the US government are just being stupid. You don't have to agree with everything he leaked as being something that should be leaked, but to dismiss the whole thing as something traitorous is simply pushing the issue under the rug.

The US was blatantly invading the individual's right to privacy and the government and the media want to find anything they can to shift the story away from that. Perhaps Snowden shouldn't have leaked everything he did, but he did leak things that we need to hold the government responsible for.

conspiracy theorists are angry to hear Snowden confirm the death of Osama.

This is why I'm glad Snowden didn't go to a US paper. I'm surprised he found a paper that wasn't so far up its governments ass that it would publish something like this. Didn't Snowden's voice at The Guardian get arressted or harassed by the Brits? Pitiful, really.

Meh I don't really care for Snowden. His leaks haven't really been that surprising to me. If I were him I would be using my stage to speak to the American people more to try and introduce real change. He isn't really doing that.

Edited by BUCK3Y3
  • Upvote 1

Um he kinda is. He gave us the information so that now we know what the fuck is going on.

What else do you want him to do, pick out candidates for us? The American people have been made aware of the issue, it's up to them to do something about it. He shouldn't need to hold your hand and tell you exactly what you need to do. It should be obvious. Vote the morons who are in favor of this stuff out of office and get in some guys who actually believe in the right of the individual to be left alone.

These don't seem to mean much either way. He's a hero for unearthing data that our government was blatantly violating rights of US citizens.

Spying on citizens has been going on for ages. Did anyone think otherwise? Seriously?

Um he kinda is. He gave us the information so that now we know what the fuck is going on.

What else do you want him to do, pick out candidates for us? The American people have been made aware of the issue, it's up to them to do something about it. He shouldn't need to hold your hand and tell you exactly what you need to do. It should be obvious. Vote the morons who are in favor of this stuff out of office and get in some guys who actually believe in the right of the individual to be left alone.

I don't need my hand held. I'm talking about the mass of idiots who have 2 second memories.