BigBen07

2013-14 NHL Season Thread

Didn't expect that. It's as if the Hawks got lazy.

Avs with a game in hand and can take 2nd with a W. If they can hold it, they have Home ice vs Chicago.

Flyers beat the Leafs! Sorry, Terry. :D

As for the Islander sale talk, I think this brings up a point we should discuss in here. The Eastern Conference has 16 teams, the Western Conference has 14. We are all aware of this imbalance. Did the NHL set it up that way anticipating one of the East teams would eventually move West? We can debate which franchises could follow Atlanta's footsteps and be moved, but I think the more important question is: which cities would accept new NHL teams?

Seattle wants a team if they can get an NBA team to justify building an arena. Kansas City has an arena but I don't think they really want a team much anymore. The options are in the East with Hamilton and Quebec City. The NHL has made it pretty clear though that they don't want a Hamilton team, but with Quebec City building a big new arena, I think its pretty inevitable that they'll get a team.

Sabres are going to retire 39 for Hasek.

I'm glad they're doing this. It should've been clear but there had been bad blood between him and the organization. I'm glad its better now.

I think they were always going to retire Hasek's number. The reason it took a while is because they wanted to make sure he could actually stay retired.

Well this sucks. Matt Duchene who knows how long he is out and if its a serious knee injury. Playoffs chances go down the shitter if he can't go by then.

Sabres are going to retire 39 for Hasek.

I'm glad they're doing this. It should've been clear but there had been bad blood between him and the organization. I'm glad its better now.

I think they were always going to retire Hasek's number. The reason it took a while is because they wanted to make sure he could actually stay retired.

I'm pretty sure that Hasek did nothing involving the team until Pegula took over and he was retired a few times before then.

Avs made the playoffs but they can't let up now knowing there's still a chance for the #2 spot in the division and that all-important home ice.

Bjc9rOmIUAEh-4Z.jpg

:yao:

Edited by Bay

Devils inability in the shootout is going to cost them a playoff spot.

1 goal in 9 shootouts was it. Unbelievable.

Intrestin' game tonight with Hawks/Pens again. Both have lost a ton of momentum. Pens finally broke the 4 game skid on Friday, and the Hawks just dropped 2 in a row with that Boston shutout and 5GA with the Sens.

Flower and the D haven't been good, but I have seen this team play better without Malkin before, so...

Epic game between Philly and Boston today. Really great stuff. You can smell playoff hockey now, just around the corner...

Sharks-Avalanche had that playoff feel. The Avs may be young and don't have alot of playoff experience, but I truly believe it won't be too big of a moment for them to handle.

10 shootouts after last nights loss to the Islanders. I want to say it's like 1-32 or something. And the one guy who scored that goal is Reid Boucher who is in Albany. Absolutely pathetic.

10 shootouts after last nights loss to the Islanders. I want to say it's like 1-32 or something. And the one guy who scored that goal is Reid Boucher who is in Albany. Absolutely pathetic.

Oh wow. There are no words. I've seen Elias get absolutely robbed a couple times but god damn. :/

Sharks-Avalanche had that playoff feel. The Avs may be young and don't have alot of playoff experience, but I truly believe it won't be too big of a moment for them to handle.

Any word on Duchene's knee? That shit has me nervous...

Really needed that game to go exactly like it did. Pens have looked remarkably flat the last week and a half.

I genuinely though Orpik's hit on Toews was pretty dirty, but the only other person who also did was Mike Milbury, so that makes me think that it wasn't.

Solid if quiet game from Beau Bennett, good to see him healthy.

Cant wait till tomorrow when we lose 9 games in a row and continue to fist ourselves with shitty backchecking and mental errors,

Any word on Duchene's knee? That shit has me nervous...

I'm seeing 4 weeks. I think we're getting Parenteau back in time for the playoffs. Duchene is irreplaceable, so they have to win without him. :(

Since extra innings is free this week that also means center ice is free for anyone who wanted to know.

Cant wait till tomorrow when we lose 9 games in a row and continue to fist ourselves with shitty backchecking and mental errors,

Well... Still better than the Oilers?

well, on the bright side at least I'm not going to have to root for Halak in a playoff run